KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Until Dawn (PS4)

Until Dawn (PS4)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Until Dawn (PS4 Exclusive Horror Game)

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 04:04 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Another horror game? That settles it. I'm getting a PS4.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 04:14 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

"The game follows a group of 8 teenagers as they spend the night in a log cabin on the anniversary of the death of one of their friends, unaware that they are being hunted by a crazed serial killer."

Seems cliche, but the trailer looks boss. I'll keep an eye out for future articles and videos.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 09:42 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've heard that it's a Heavy Rain style game where your choices affect the ending. I love those, so I'm in. Looking forward to seeing more.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 09:45 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

If it's Heavy Rain style, then I'm sold. Heavy Rain is such an amazing and underrated game.

Last edited by Impediment on Aug 14th, 2014 at 03:12 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 09:54 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Soooo this comes out in 3 days. Not looking like people on this forum are interested though. It's been almost exactly a year since anyone commented in this thread lol

PWNT

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 05:14 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I actually didn't know anything about it until a few weeks ago. I watched that demo though and would definitely buy it when/if I get a PS4. My goal would be the complete survival of all my people(even that b*tchy slot) and them killing the shit out of the serial killer. There also seems to be a supernatural element beyond the killer. Some things in the demo seemed far more than the guy they showed would be able to accomplish.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 05:39 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm in Wyoming right now, and I won't be able to buy this on launch date.

I think this game will be very good.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 11:41 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I also like these but I never get the idea of paying $79 for a one time experience through my head.

So I'm happy that there is place to rent games!

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 07:10 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

With 8 playable characters and vastly different happenings depending on your decisions with all of them as well as several endings I'd say it's more than a one time experience.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 07:34 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

One thing I realize about games that say there is different ending is that it rarely ever happens.

Maybe this is the case but I will believe when I see it.

I guess we will see with reviews but I doubt if the developers will be able to create completely new experience that warrant another playthrough for myself. I remember seeing things regarding the Walking Dead series on how your decisions change the way the story is. It doesn't really, it just changes the characters in future situations.

But maybe it will be different.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 11:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
One thing I realize about games that say there is different ending is that it rarely ever happens.

Maybe this is the case but I will believe when I see it.

I guess we will see with reviews but I doubt if the developers will be able to create completely new experience that warrant another playthrough for myself. I remember seeing things regarding the Walking Dead series on how your decisions change the way the story is. It doesn't really, it just changes the characters in future situations.

But maybe it will be different.
Yeah I can agree with this. Heavy rain is the only game I've ever played to successfully pull this off. While this is a similar game, this isn't the same developer, so I can understand a bit of apprehension. I've got it preordered, but I'm going to be keeping a close eye on it reviews the day prior to see if I should cancel or not.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 12:38 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I rented Heavy Rain and really enjoyed it. Even with different endings, I don't think I can personally play it again. It's the combination of not seeing things for the time, already knowing the characters and etc....that different endings won't radically change my experience.

In the end, it's a completely new experience but just changed one. Still looking forward to seeing if the game is great or not and hopefully playing it once all the crazy good games coming out this year are done. (that's when the rental store changes the game from 3 day to 7 day rental)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2015 01:59 PM
Impediment
Endless

This game is receiving very positive reviews.

Does anyone have any input?

I'll be buying this weekend!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 09:31 PM
KingD19

Since I won't be getting a PS4 for quite some time, I watched a playthrough of it. It's not a particularly long game, but it's a d*mn good one.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 10:06 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was going to rent it this week but stuff came up. Considering MGS5 is out next weekend, it will probably be Dec by the time I get to this.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 10:58 PM
Arachnid1

I bought it and will be playing these next couple of days

I'll let you know what I think

PWNT

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 12:43 AM
Impediment
Endless

I'm about to play this now. I'll post some input later today.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 09:15 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
"The game follows a group of 8 teenagers as they spend the night in a log cabin on the anniversary of the death of one of their friends, unaware that they are being hunted by a crazed serial killer."

Seems cliche, but the trailer looks boss. I'll keep an eye out for future articles and videos.

so.. jason voorhees is the killer??? stick out tongue

i won;t buy this at launch but will wait and see what others think

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 06:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Until Dawn

This came out in like August, but I just got it for Christmas and thought it was pretty fun. Any of you play it? What did you think about it?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 05:53 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote