KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New 3DS and New 3DS XL

New 3DS and New 3DS XL
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

New 3DS and New 3DS XL

Nintendo says "customers are smart, they will never get confused by our console names". Introducing, a new model of their star handheld with more buttons, a second thumbstick and a faster CPU that allows it to play games that the regular 3DS cannot play.

Yep, link here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/29/n...-new-3ds-3ds-xl

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 04:16 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's stupid.

Just rename the ****ing handheld, especially considering the original 3DS can't play some of the games.

I understand some applications in the Apple/Google store cannot be played on certain devices but at least its very easy to tell if you have an iPad 1,2 and etc.

This will be like, "if you have 3DS with the model number 6454646464645" you can play this game.

Overall, its still bullshit.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 04:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

There is still a glimmer of hope that they rebrand it for the exterior markets... They better do that

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 04:37 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I hope they don't do it, and that they suffer a massive loss and get utterly ****ed by the market.

Just like when they thought "customers were smart!" and called their next-gen console the Wii-U.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 05:08 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Couldn't find mention in the articles. Any links on them talking about it having games not on 3ds?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 05:26 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Couldn't find mention in the articles. Any links on them talking about it having games not on 3ds?

It says so at the end of the article:

Update: Nintendo unveiled Wii JRPG Xenoblade Chronicles for the new 3DS. The company says the game will only run on the new 3DS, and that's because of its enhanced CPU. Also, check out some of the covers you'll be able to customize the new handheld with.

A friend told me they were also releasing special N3DS versions of Smash and MH4.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 05:28 PM
ares834

Ugh, god dammit Nintendo.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:03 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

****ing bullshit.

I have never seen this done before in the console/handheld market. Apple and co. do it in the tablet market all the time but in my opinion, it's a different situation.

At least making the effort to create a new brand or at least find out a way to boost the CPU or something for a marginal price.

For example, MS has been upgrading the speed on the Xbox One by software updates.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 11:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ugh. Guess I'll have to wait and see how much original 3DS owners (like myself) were shafted as far as other new games they might have that are only playable on the new handheld.

And I'm guessing the new thumbstick is like a C-stick for games like Smash Bros, not that it's a must have for me but still nice.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2014 03:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote