KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What would you like to see in the next Elder Scrolls game?

What would you like to see in the next Elder Scrolls game?
Started by: Darkstorm Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

What would you like to see in the next Elder Scrolls game?

I am doing a collation of ideas, listing them all and doing a little work to pull together some ideas from the various communities I am a part of to see what everyone wants to experience in the next Elder Scrolls game, and hopefully wash away the bad taste of ESO.

So, without further ado, please, explain what you guys think would make the next Elder Scrolls bigger and better than ever. Ideas from mods? ideas from previous Elder Scrolls games? Just something you think would be cool or fun? Let me know.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 03:24 AM
Darkstorm Zero is online now! Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

An engine that doesn't suck donkey dick

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 04:00 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

modern warfare

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 04:30 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Killable children.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 04:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I want to have combat pets baked into one of the classes. Or maybe make it a talent tree. I've done mods for it, but it would be cool if it was its own talent tree with perks and such.

I know TES is open-ended and you can do ALL the quests, but I like to feel like the world is actually evolving around my choices. Being the head of, say, five guilds is ridiculous. There should be some story-based cap on such stuff, so that you're actually roleplaying a character, not just doing and becoming everything. That's not roleplaying, it's refusing to make meaningful choices so that some 15-year-old can gleefully wander around with a fully maxed character that's in charge of everything. What if your decision to lead the Warrior's Guild put you at odds with the Mage's Guild? Or, perhaps, a rival kingdom or a town that dislike the Guild? And, if not handled properly via political quests and such, those could escalate into full-on conflict? There are opportunities for development and nuance there. And also opportunities for feeling like you're shaping the world in much larger ways.

The same could be said of skills. Decide to train yourself in Destruction magic? Maybe it makes it harder to learn Restoration. There are dozens of potential examples like that.

They can continue to tweak the magic system. Melee is still a better option to cover everything, and while older TES games had magic that was too weak, Skyrim was a mix. Some combos/trees were too weak, others a bit haxx. I also ended up using mods to boost Archery in Skyrim, so there's an area they could look at too.

My favorite TES game (for its time) was Daggerfall, but I'm struggling to think of how they could incorporate that into a new game. It really doesn't translate well anymore...it was just an epic game for its time. The sense of world scale was awe-inspiring.

Last edited by Digi on Sep 7th, 2014 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 05:08 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Why would training in Destruction make it harder to train in Restoration? That's dumb.

I hate you.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 05:27 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

You must destroy in order to create!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 05:48 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

More dialogue options/roleplaying choices. More like how New Vegas handled factions and stuff. And just more options for people approaching you with quests beyond "accept or not now but I can come back and say yes later"

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 05:49 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I want the game to feature Pokemon thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 10:35 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Things that might enable me to enjoy it:

1. Give the game some Bioware-esque storytelling.
2. Make mounted travel more enjoyable and fast paced (something like Red Dead Redemption or Twilight Princess).

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:59 AM
appletonia is currently offline Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
If they ever make another single player Elder Scrolls game, they should ditch their combat engine, and go with either Dark Souls, Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, or Dragon's Dogma, or a little bit of all of the above and add grappling in which Dragon's Dogma has but expand on it. They should also ditch the way your character looks, and go with a more rugged look like Fable, as well as increase their bestiary. There are thousands of insects that have lived on this planet, and I think that they could use them as templates to design creatures that people would love to do battle with. The landscapes are great, the only thing that they should do is work on all of the other things.

Originally posted by Fallschirmjäger
That's a good one! Do the game in Skyrim-type graphics, and create monster designs based on many different cross conceptions. The bestiary in the Elder Scrolls series always was a bit limited.

There also should be dragons that spew lightning as well as fire and snow, and maybe poison, forcing the player to come up with other protection enchantments other that the 3 elemental ones currently in the game.

I also thought that there should me more than just Slaughterfish
in the waterways of Skyrim. Perhaps a few giant snapping turtles, a shark here and there, and sea serpents that attack you when you're near the shore or in the water. As well, dress up the skeletons a bit and put them in rusted chainmail or worn-out plate or something.

Originally posted by Stoic
I agree. They should certainly have more than Slaughterfish, but the problem with Skyrim was that you could not fight underwater. This is something that they could certainly expand in. The water is so vast, and there really isn't any reason why they could not create a new type of humanoid character that can only be interacted with beneath the water. Giant Kraken like creatures come to mind as they attack under water villages much like the dragons do in Skyrim. Good idea BTW.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 05:23 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

unarmed combat perk tree... some sorta training or guild that teaches you kung fu.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 02:58 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Nude mods need to be in vanilla.

Kidding! Kind of.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 08:09 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Digi
I want to have combat pets baked into one of the classes. Or maybe make it a talent tree. I've done mods for it, but it would be cool if it was its own talent tree with perks and such.

I know TES is open-ended and you can do ALL the quests, but I like to feel like the world is actually evolving around my choices. Being the head of, say, five guilds is ridiculous. There should be some story-based cap on such stuff, so that you're actually roleplaying a character, not just doing and becoming everything. That's not roleplaying, it's refusing to make meaningful choices so that some 15-year-old can gleefully wander around with a fully maxed character that's in charge of everything. What if your decision to lead the Warrior's Guild put you at odds with the Mage's Guild? Or, perhaps, a rival kingdom or a town that dislike the Guild? And, if not handled properly via political quests and such, those could escalate into full-on conflict? There are opportunities for development and nuance there. And also opportunities for feeling like you're shaping the world in much larger ways.

The same could be said of skills. Decide to train yourself in Destruction magic? Maybe it makes it harder to learn Restoration. There are dozens of potential examples like that.

They can continue to tweak the magic system. Melee is still a better option to cover everything, and while older TES games had magic that was too weak, Skyrim was a mix. Some combos/trees were too weak, others a bit haxx. I also ended up using mods to boost Archery in Skyrim, so there's an area they could look at too.

My favorite TES game (for its time) was Daggerfall, but I'm struggling to think of how they could incorporate that into a new game. It really doesn't translate well anymore...it was just an epic game for its time. The sense of world scale was awe-inspiring.
Pretty much this without the healing/destruction penalties.

I'd like more animations for melee and magic.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 08:16 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by NemeBro
Why would training in Destruction make it harder to train in Restoration? That's dumb.

I hate you.

You've never read a book, seen a movie, or played a game in a fictional universe where the various magical forces are opposed to one another, and mastery of one precludes others?

The point is meaningful choice and roleplaying. I'm not married to that particular example so much as the overarching principle. And wandering the wilderness with a character who has straight 100's in stats isn't choice, it's avoiding choice.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 08:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Digi
You've never read a book, seen a movie, or played a game in a fictional universe where the various magical forces are opposed to one another, and mastery of one precludes others?

The point is meaningful choice and roleplaying. I'm not married to that particular example so much as the overarching principle. And wandering the wilderness with a character who has straight 100's in stats isn't choice, it's avoiding choice.
I've never read a piece of TES lore where that is the case. I don't give a **** about other works of fiction or their settings. This is about The Elder Scrolls.

You're just upset that you can't be a renaissance man IRL. Make it more difficult? Sure. Impossible? Nah.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 09:55 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Leveling does become more difficult as you continue on, but not to the point that Digi is talking about. I kind of agree with him. You shouldn't be the best at everything, because that makes the game too easy. They should allow ways to glitch the game for those that want to run around in Godmode until they get bored of not having any challenges to oppose them though.

AI is really stupid as well. I married Aela, and kept imagining how horrible it would actually be to be trapped in Skyrim in real life. your spouse should do more than say hi love, I bet you were off on some adventure while standing beside them for the past 9 hours. The children should actually begin to grow up as well, and get the hell out of your house. Instead every time you go out for a few days and come back, they're asking you for an allowance, or a present. How about actually bringing them on adventures with you, and leveling them up, which would be a great way for them to begin growing in stature or into adulthood.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
unarmed combat perk tree... some sorta training or guild that teaches you kung fu.

That right there is an awesome idea.

Last edited by Stoic on Sep 10th, 2014 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 04:24 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

You're just upset that you can't be a renaissance man IRL. Make it more difficult? Sure. Impossible? Nah.

Or just give it a good reason for it being impossible like in IRL. You grow old and die!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 04:30 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Bentley
Or just give it a good reason for it being impossible like in IRL. You grow old and die!
That didn't stop Imhotep.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:12 AM
Bentley
Seitei

That didn't stop Imhotep.

Good point

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:14 AM