KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legend of Zelda Wii U

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 05:33 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 02:01 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Found myself going "Hot damn" at about the level I'd expected from that gameplay reveal. Someone also noted that the first scene they were at looked strikingly similar to this piece of artwork

The way they described the horseback riding sounds similar to how Shadow of the Colossus handled it. Hell, it looked like it too. Also, I'm glad the whole "Bullet time horse vaulting" thing from the E3 reveal is a gameplay element.

As for the narrative, clearly we still have nothing, but the sailcloth and the fact that Link seems to be right-handed makes me wonder if there are SS connections.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 04:19 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The Viking shield is all that I care about.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 04:44 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

It's so beautiful. If only Link were a lefty. /Traditionalist.

I'm stoked.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 09:50 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Trivial but I love that the map is on the Wii U's gamepad. It always annoyed me a slight bit how sometimes I would have to pause a game just to know where a destination is and how much closer I am to it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 10:24 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

That settles it. Next year, I'm buying a Wii U.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 06:00 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hopefully we can aim only using the control stick and not have to rely on motion controls... I doubt it though.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 06:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Looking at this game reminds me I'd rather play Pikmin 4.

Happy Dance

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 09:21 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Meh. I would comment if I could actually see the damn thing. Why the **** do they want us to look at them while they comment on shit?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 7th, 2014 09:28 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

IGN has a zoomed-in version. The quality is still off-screen though

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 05:21 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I hope the rumors of this version of Link being female are true

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 06:18 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

They aren't, and go away.

Man, this game looks huge, it's rumoured they've been working on it since before Skyward Sword since the horse AI is something they apparently started work in in 2008.

It's so pretty.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 07:47 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Why not bro?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 08:32 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Hell, if you listen closely during the parts where Link is vaulting off the horse, he sounds almost exactly like he does in SS or TP.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 11:44 PM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Its beautiful/ :')

(also... I thought I made a thread for this....)

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2014 12:28 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
Why not bro?

Because the last thing we need is quality games making needless concessions to destructive SJW's.

Link's gender has never been important to the plot in any game, if they make him a woman after thirty years, it will probably be played as significant to the detriment of the plot, and thus the game as a whole. I was okay with the idea of female Link so long as it was never addressed as significant until what happened to Thor.

I love Nintendo but I'm not sure even they could cater to the SJWs in a way that wouldn't leave a foul taste in my mouth.

In short, **** people who think Link's gender matters at all. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ironically, including myself, as a result of seeing what this sort of transformation can do to a franchise!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 01:29 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

How'd that negatively impact Thor (assuming that's what you meant)? I never read that.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 01:35 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Its beautiful/ :')

(also... I thought I made a thread for this....)

You might have.....but we better not get someone's jimmies rustled.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 02:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Sacred 117
How'd that negatively impact Thor (assuming that's what you meant)? I never read that.
Thor 1 is... A mess. It was physically painful to read, anvilicious, redundant, and it shat all over Thor himself, as well as Odin, to make Girl!Thor's picking up the hammer more significant. Because girls can be heroes too. Did you know that? Because apparently all of the female super heroes that already exist don't count, it only matters when they dethrone an existing male superhero. If you want Female Link, play Metroid.

I could rant for literal days about how much I hate what needless changes like that do to quality franchises, but I won't. This thread is for Zelda. Yay Zelda.

I'm excited, the game looks gorgeous, and the wild animals and shit like horses make me think it'll feel really alive, something most open world games fail at.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Dec 11th, 2014 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 02:49 AM