KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Hardest games you finished!

Hardest games you finished!
Started by: Reflassshh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Hardest games you finished!

For me was one of those Dead Space 2 on hardcore, I had to memorize every respawn area before completing it sick

RE series (upper difficulties), DMC3 and well, various trophies and unlockables drove me crazy too.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 03:00 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shinobi (2002) the final boss, On normal he was ***** to finish off

Uncharted 1 on Crushing difficulty.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 03:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

None. I'm a little ***** and play games on normal and even easy if the character is supposed to be a ****ing badass.

Probably the hardest game is Super Meat Boy but I threw my controller on the last ****ing level. Never got around in completing it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 03:47 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Not sure.

Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero!? maybe.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 03:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Modern Warfare on veteran difficulty. I start off every game's SP on the hardest difficulty it'll allow, as I rarely ever feel compelled to play story mode again once I've finished the story. MW was so confounding on veteran that I took a good six month or so break from playing it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 04:41 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Gears of War on insane solo, Gears 3 on insane solo, and Gears Judgement on insane while doing the declassified missions solo. I also beat DMC 4 on the one hit die mode and Arkham Origins on the difficulty where if you died it reset your game.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 04:54 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Out of this World/Another World by Interplay:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_World_(video_game)

It was the hardest video game I ever completed but it was amazing. Keep in mind I came from the old-school days of video-gaming where ALL the games are stupid difficult.

Another World was so difficult because, many times, there was no initial clue to figure out how to proceed. For example, you get into a tank and, without knowing the native language, have to figure out how to fire the main cannon to proceed by pressing a series of buttons...in a language you don't know. As a kid, this was stupid. As an adult, this would be easy on PC: just take a screen shot, die, and figure out what the symbols mean with process of elimination. In the game, you just have to suck it up and die 20-40 times until you figure out what those f*cking symbols and lights mean. That's just one sequence out of dozens in the game, by the way: the whole game was like that.

Battletoads? Easy...we (my brothers and uncles) beat that shit no problem: we didn't even consider it a tough game, compared to others we played, back in the day. I still don't understand why everyone thinks this game is so hard. Memorizing timing on button presses is not very difficult, imo. Most kids can do that if they have patience.

A good mention is Super Ghouls and Ghosts. I never really beat this game. I thought I did but I found out, recently, that I needed to play through a second time in order to have "truly" beaten this game.

Here's another game that was stupid difficult to beat: F-Zero GX for the Gamecube. Did anyone here actually beat the "story" and the highest difficulty? If so, there is a sequence where you have to fly though a tunnel against an enemy and you get only 3 boosts. I probably did that single missions/race 100 times before I finally beat it. Does anyone remember that part? I forget what that was but, for me, that was probably the hardest single "level" I've ever played on any video game, ever.

Edit - This is the level I'm talking about in F-Zero GX:

Don't be fooled: that guy makes it look easy.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 05:38 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 05:33 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Gears of War on insane solo, Gears 3 on insane solo, and Gears Judgement on insane while doing the declassified missions solo. I also beat DMC 4 on the one hit die mode and Arkham Origins on the difficulty where if you died it reset your game.

I hated the first Gears on Insane when you go up against Raam, Until i found out a trick to beat him.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 07:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I also almost beat Batman AO in I Am The Night mode but I kept dying just before facing joker, due to some stupid error I made because of confidence, I will try again later on though.

Mass Effect series on insane was quite a challenge too, but it wasn't that hard imo.

I'm currently trying to beat Alien Isolation on the new difficulty added via update. The motion sensor is broken and shit is scarce, just like a survival horror should be.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 03:47 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 2 challenge mode highest difficulty.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 03:49 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

100% completion of Crash Bandicoot.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 06:14 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Kazenji
I hated the first Gears on Insane when you go up against Raam, Until i found out a trick to beat him.
It took me the entire day of straight play on that boss fight to win lol. I would throw a grenade to disperse the kryl then unload on his head. Then I tossed a grenade but right before it exploded he sent them after me and that was it. I remember getting so mad at myself because I thought "man I wasted my nade" then the cut scene and I was like Ooh yeah grenades do damage also haha.

Originally posted by Reflassshh
I also almost beat Batman AO in I Am The Night mode but I kept dying just before facing joker, due to some stupid error I made because of confidence, I will try again later on though.
I died in the fun house while saving the hostages because I walked into the electrified water. I was so super pi$$ed.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 08:32 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's another game that was stupid difficult to beat: F-Zero GX for the Gamecube. Did anyone here actually beat the "story" and the highest difficulty? If so, there is a sequence where you have to fly though a tunnel against an enemy and you get only 3 boosts. I probably did that single missions/race 100 times before I finally beat it. Does anyone remember that part? I forget what that was but, for me, that was probably the hardest single "level" I've ever played on any video game, ever.

Edit - This is the level I'm talking about in F-Zero GX:

Don't be fooled: that guy makes it look easy.

F**king shitting! I'm with you here, man. I forgot how demonically difficult this game was.

I'll be honest, I never even passed the first part on highest, which blew ass because you had to clear all of it to earn everything.

Damn, I wish they had a fresh idea for a new F-Zero entry... and followed through with it.

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 08:50 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Ninja Gaiden II on Master Ninja. Absolutely f*cked. I have yet to play Dark Souls, and it's only my list, but I have a hard time believing it comes close to this sh*t. This was just too much.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2015 08:59 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It took me the entire day of straight play on that boss fight to win lol. I would throw a grenade to disperse the kryl then unload on his head. Then I tossed a grenade but right before it exploded he sent them after me and that was it. I remember getting so mad at myself because I thought "man I wasted my nade" then the cut scene and I was like Ooh yeah grenades do damage also haha.

All i did was hide behind one of those blocks and Raam just stood there on the other side, I threw a grenade and once the Kryll dispersed switched to my lancer which i set up with one bullet and active reload, Rinse & repeat.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 01:25 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Reflassshh

Mass Effect series on insane was quite a challenge too, but it wasn't that hard imo.

I'm currently trying to beat Alien Isolation on the new difficulty added via update. The motion sensor is broken and shit is scarce, just like a survival horror should be.

Always have an extra save file handy (on cloud or something) when it comes to I Am the Night...

I'm sure Isolation's hardest difficulty doesn't mess around.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 01:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Kazenji
All i did was hide behind one of those blocks and Raam just stood there on the other side, I threw a grenade and once the Kryll dispersed switched to my lancer which i set up with one bullet and active reload, Rinse & repeat.

I think my friend said something like that but I couldn't get that to happen for me lol. Wish I could have because it was nuts.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 01:53 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Sacred 117
F**king shitting! I'm with you here, man. I forgot how demonically difficult this game was.

I'll be honest, I never even passed the first part on highest, which blew ass because you had to clear all of it to earn everything.

Damn, I wish they had a fresh idea for a new F-Zero entry... and followed through with it.

Dis nigga here know my tribulations. sad

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 06:05 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Sacred 117

I'm not plus atm so that's not an option for me. It sucks.

The game itself is a little unfair to begin with, this difficulty just make it frustrating tbh.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 01:52 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Splosion man on hard
first time playing through the original Left 4 dead on expert
Trials Xbox arcade
Devil may cry 2
Modern Warfare (veteran)
tempest
space invaders extreme
alien hominid

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 03:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote