KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Creepiest moments in gaming.

Creepiest moments in gaming.
Started by: Reflassshh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Creepiest moments in gaming.

Creepy or weird moments you've experienced in any game, remember this isn't limited to horror games smile

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 11:43 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The first 5 minutes of the original Silent Hill will always stand out to me. Something about the noise and getting trapped and murdered by killer toddlers ****ed me uo

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 01:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Everything in this game to be honest.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 01:27 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That time when the president of the United States grabs your crotch in Metal Gear Solid 2.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 01:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Slender Man made me very unnerved and on edge the first time I played through it.

Also, I agree with Zack about Silent Hill's first infamous scene. It creeped me out a lot.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 01:36 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

@Zack, same here. SH and RE3 screwed my childhood laughing out loud

@Wei, people either hate or love that game,would you recommend it to a lover of survival horrors?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 01:46 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Reflassshh
@Zack, same here. SH and RE3 screwed my childhood laughing out loud

@Wei, people either hate or love that game,would you recommend it to a lover of survival horrors?

Only if you're a fan of playing shitty games with shitty controls. It's a bad game, but it's so bad that it's good and hilarious. It being bad is why it's so popular. If you are looking for a serious survival horror feel and scare then this isn't for you. It's filled with tons of awkward and hilarious moments though.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 02:43 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably the first time I played FEAR, especially the first when you first get into the main building.

Or Condemned. Game ****ing scared the shit out of me, especially the school and dept store level.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 04:15 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm going to go unconventional and chose a 16 bit era game in which you might not see the creepiness coming.

Super Mario World, after beating the Special World. You've faced some challenging stages and now the palette of the overworld has swapped, weird of course, but not unsettling... Until you run into a turtle wearing a Mario mask. That's just. Eh.

no expression

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 02:21 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Zack Fair
The first 5 minutes of the original Silent Hill will always stand out to me. Something about the noise and getting trapped and murdered by killer toddlers ****ed me uo
This. Every Silent Hill game had its moments, and 1-4 were perfect.

Seeing Pyramid head for the first time in Silent Hill 2 on the other side of the iron bars just staring at you was pretty unnerving.

The reflection room in Silent Hill 3 were Heather sees her self getting all bloody along with the room was pretty ****ed.

The random room in SH4 that had Eileen with the twitchy eyes that followed you stood out too.

Scarlet in Homecoming stands as one of the scariest bosses in the entire game. The soundtrack that played while you fought her had me shitting bricks.

SH always delivered on the scary/weird. The PT demo was also pretty rough.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 07:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by NemeBro
That time when the president of the United States grabs your crotch in Metal Gear Solid 2.

"You're... a mam??"

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 07:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Only if you're a fan of playing shitty games with shitty controls. It's a bad game, but it's so bad that it's good and hilarious. It being bad is why it's so popular. If you are looking for a serious survival horror feel and scare then this isn't for you. It's filled with tons of awkward and hilarious moments though.
Then it's worth a try.

Now to people mentioning Metal Gear, wasn't it a little weird when you revisited shadow moses in MGS4? You know, "ghost" and shit, it felt a little creepy.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 08:06 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I never played any Metal Gears but I thought that was a really cool idea for a level. It really worked.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 08:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This. Every Silent Hill game had its moments, and 1-4 were perfect.

Seeing Pyramid head for the first time in Silent Hill 2 on the other side of the iron bars just staring at you was pretty unnerving.

The reflection room in Silent Hill 3 were Heather sees her self getting all bloody along with the room was pretty ****ed.

The random room in SH4 that had Eileen with the twitchy eyes that followed you stood out too.

Scarlet in Homecoming stands as one of the scariest bosses in the entire game. The soundtrack that played while you fought her had me shitting bricks.

SH always delivered on the scary/weird. The PT demo was also pretty rough.
Agreed.

Exploring the blue creek apartaments was very unnerving to me, the cries, voices and whatnot would creep the shit out of me.

In SH3 those cocodrile-like monster were scary too, with that weird sound the make while crawling at you.
In fact Silent hill 3 stands to me as the weirdest of the entire series, with only Downpour coming close to it mainly due to it's story being weird in itself.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 08:14 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Romancing Jacob.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 08:38 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Reflassshh
Then it's worth a try.

Now to people mentioning Metal Gear, wasn't it a little weird when you revisited shadow moses in MGS4? You know, "ghost" and shit, it felt a little creepy.
Still not nearly as creepy as a middle-aged man (who happens to be commander in chief over the United States) nonchalantly grabbing your crotch and then seeming disappointed that you turned out to be a man.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 08:42 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Neverending Nightmares had some pretty creepy as shit moments.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2015 09:29 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by NemeBro
Still not nearly as creepy as a middle-aged man (who happens to be commander in chief over the United States) nonchalantly grabbing your crotch and then seeming disappointed that you turned out to be a man.
Agreed.

@Impediment I've seen some videos about that game but that's it, seems to be very disturbing, did you finish it?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 01:58 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Fallout 3 - The Dunwich Building.

Spec Ops the Line - The Mannequin hallucination and a ton of other shit.

Bioshock - Sander Cohen.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Ocean House.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 08:54 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The sewer level in Shadows of the Empire.

The haunted orphanage in Dragon Age Origins.

The school bus you come across in Prey.

The Rachel boss fight in Resident Evil Revelations.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2015 10:11 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote