KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Friday the 13th

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fr...ails-69377.html

quote:
Friday the 13th is making a return to video games after a 25-year absence. Jason Voorhees' new killing spree will be released on multiple platforms this October.

“With a new television series on the horizon and plans announced for the thirteenth installment of the film franchise, we felt the timing was right to finally explore Jason, Camp Crystal Lake, and the rest of the Friday the 13th story in interactive form,” Friday the 13th creator Sean S. Cunningham told EGM. “We have some exciting new ideas for a game that supplies plenty of replay value, while delivering the kinds of thrills and scares that fans of the franchise have come to expect.”

Like the Friday the 13th movies, the new game has Jason hunting down a group of innocents. One player will be Jason while the others will control his victims. It's like Evolve except with sex-craved teens and a psycho in a hockey mask.

The developer of the game is currently unknown. Normally I'd be worried by that but Sega pulled a similar stunt when they didn't announce Creative Assembly behind Alien Isolation for awhile and they proved themselves.

Come to think of it, there was a project on Kickstarter awhile back with a similar concept as the newly announced Friday game called Last Year being made by a former Ubisoft employee and since it was former employees that made Outlast, this can be very promising should the connection be right and this isn't all just a coincidence. And with Sean Cunningham backing this, such a combination would be awesome.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 10th, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2015 10:24 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 10:10 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Looks interesting.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 10:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldn't mind a game like this but I see that it's MP only for now.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 12:15 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Someone needs to do a new Nightmare on Elm Street game next, Be good to see some weird dream worlds with it.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 11:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wouldn't mind a game like this but I see that it's MP only for now.

thumb up
A Jason and survivor campaign would be nice.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 06:32 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep. Especially considering a SP experience like this hasn't really be done before (or so I know) but a MP version has been. Evolve is one of those games.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 06:59 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yep. Especially considering a SP experience like this hasn't really be done before (or so I know) but a MP version has been. Evolve is one of those games.

Havent played Evolve but didnt it have a campaign for monster and hunters as well?

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 07:24 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, it's not the subject matter that is same but the gameplay. Having one guy act as the hunter (with special abilities I presume) and then the others run for their lives isn't exactly new.

Evolve is a huge monster who gets chased while others try to capture you. I guess it's different because the role reversal but there is games that do that. I remember a Half Life 2 mod called The Hunted (or something like that) which offered the same type of gameplay.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 08:39 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I wonder how playing as the teenagers would work. Are they all the same or do each have a class with a different perk like the jock is the only one who can engage Jason in combat, the geek sets up traps, the cheerleader is the supporter boosting everyone's stats with her sex appeal and the stoner offering herbs that restore health? That kind of crap?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 12:31 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm guessing. I don't know. Doesn't all MP have classes now?

Or it could be like The Ship where you have to fulfill needs like bathroom, food, sex and recreation and Jason has to sneak around and attack when they are doing this.

That might be cool. If it's like classes then I'm much less interested.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 01:02 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm guessing. I don't know. Doesn't all MP have classes now?

Or it could be like The Ship where you have to fulfill needs like bathroom, food, sex and recreation and Jason has to sneak around and attack when they are doing this.

That might be cool. If it's like classes then I'm much less interested.

Pretty much this. Not sure how I would feel if a class system does become a thing and honestly, would've preferred a single player mode that played out similarly to Alien Isolation. That would've been intense.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 01:15 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I'm playin the original Friday the 13th how the **** do I you kill Jason?

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 01:34 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Pretty much this. Not sure how I would feel if a class system does become a thing and honestly, would've preferred a single player mode that played out similarly to Alien Isolation. That would've been intense.

Yeah, games that copy Alien Isolation is always a good thing. That game was fantastic. It would totally worked.

Also, The Ship MP mode would work as well for the MP side of the game.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 01:43 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Foreal every time I come close to killing him he runs away like a *****.

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 01:58 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ok. You probably going to get better information about 20 year old game somewhere on the Internet than this forum.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 02:17 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I don't get my tips from YouTube anymore

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 02:19 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 02:23 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Thanks

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 02:31 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

That was hilarious

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 02:35 PM