KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls vs Dragon Age vs Elder Scrolls

Dark Souls vs Dragon Age vs Elder Scrolls
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Dark Souls vs Dragon Age vs Elder Scrolls

What is the best franchise of the three, and why? What could each learn from the other to make a much better end product?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 04:53 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Elder Scrolls > Dark Souls > Dragon Age

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 05:22 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 06:00 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Dark souls > elder scrolls > dog shit > maggots eating said dog shit > dragon age.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 09:57 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

thumb up

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 11:09 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You all disgust me. I have not played dark souls but oblivion sucked ass. Elder scrolls is lame as ****. Dragon Age hands down beats that games ass.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 04:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 08:30 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As someone who's only played Skyrim and has only watched Let's Plays of DS, I honestly can't be too thorough about it.

What I will say, is that they could all learn something from each other. They all do something better than the other two.

Best franchise? No idea. I obviously prefer Dragon Age, but that's me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 08:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Shit...this is difficult.

My quality of games i'll go with Elder Scrolls>Dragon Age=Dark Souls or Dark Souls>Dragon Age (I prefer the DA franchise though)

By overall worth or popularity, i'll go with ES>DA>DS.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2015 05:23 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by quanchi112
You all disgust me. I have not played dark souls but oblivion sucked ass. Elder scrolls is lame as ****. Dragon Age hands down beats that games ass.

I strongly disagree. Basing all of the series off of Oblivion isn't fair.

Morrowind was part of TES and is one of the best RPG's I have ever played and is highly regarded.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 10:21 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Mass Effect > All of them. Bring it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 10:29 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd say Dragon Age > Dark Souls > Elder Scrolls. DA is only a bit above DS though. It's mostly because I tend to put story and characters over gameplay. I find a good story arc or piece of character development more emotionally satisfying than beating a hard boss. Souls does have a good story, but it's obfuscated and you kinda need to watch youtube video's to get the most out of it ("ain't even got legs!"). The characters are generally bland as well, at least compared to DA. Solaire being the exception. \[T]/ <3

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 10:41 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Real answer - I've not played any of the DS games so I can't comment on them.

I've played all the Dragon Age games.

I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim when it comes to ES games.

Taking that into account, I think Skyrim is better than any DA games. However, I think all the DA games are better than Oblivion.

So, I dunno.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2015 10:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
Mass Effect > All of them. Bring it.

laughing out loud

Such a controversial opinion...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 12:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I strongly disagree. Basing all of the series off of Oblivion isn't fair.

Morrowind was part of TES and is one of the best RPG's I have ever played and is highly regarded.
I doubt Skyrim is that much better ?

Nothing rpg comes close to the rich history and character concepts to me from Dragon Age.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think Skyrim is much better than Oblivion. Fixed most of the issues I had with that game. Had more populated towns, better dungeons, better story, better leveling, better graphics, a world that felt more alive and real and better combat.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 04:51 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

While that's true, I've personally turned on Skyrim quite a bit. It's better than Oblivion in most aspects, but the story is still pretty weak, the other questlines pretty uninspired as well (the Brotherhood from Oblivion shits on everything tbh), the character's non-existent and the world is still pretty lifeless imo.

And I say this with 150 hours on Skyrim. The only other game I've played near so much is, well, Dragon Age.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 11:31 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by quanchi112
I doubt Skyrim is that much better ?

Nothing rpg comes close to the rich history and character concepts to me from Dragon Age.

I didn't even mention Skyrim. As I don't find it good as an Elder Scrolls game compared to others. It just seems that you haven't tried them all and you're bashing the whole series based off of Oblivion.

There is plenty of RPG's that have a ton of story compared to Dragon Age.

Planetscape Torment is just one I could name among many. It just strikes me as silly how you're stacking all the cards in your favour by picking one game then basing the entirety of it's story on that. When in fact it's the game of that series that isn't as good. So you can set your opinion in the positive before you've even started.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Feb 1st, 2015 at 02:58 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 02:53 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Nephthys
While that's true, I've personally turned on Skyrim quite a bit. It's better than Oblivion in most aspects, but the story is still pretty weak, the other questlines pretty uninspired as well (the Brotherhood from Oblivion shits on everything tbh), the character's non-existent and the world is still pretty lifeless imo.

And I say this with 150 hours on Skyrim. The only other game I've played near so much is, well, Dragon Age.

I agree, I also think that Skyrim had next to no variety (of course it's a Scandinavian esque landscape so it wont be varied.

They needed to have the area when we go back to Solestheim and Raven Rock as defaults. As Miraak seemed important to the story.

Whereas there were many different landscapes in Morrowind, Oblivion, Daggerfall and Arena.

I'd argue the Dungeons were boring. While they were larger. The majority just involved Draugr. While of course again there will be a ton of dead Nordic warriors around it's just Draugr everywhere.

Elven Dungeons I enjoyed in Oblivion.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Feb 1st, 2015 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 02:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I haven't played Oblivion, so I can only comment on Skyrim. Two things I think Skyrim did really well were the living world the game took place in (in size, scope, and how alive it seemed), and the combat (though admittedly, i'm talking about combat after modding the game).

Dragon Age could take some real tips from both Skyrim and DS when it comes to combat (for me, the first DA still has the strongest, deepest combat of the trilogy), and the aforementioned Skyrim world. They tried to do it in Inquisition, and it was a fair attempt, but they have a long way to go imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 08:16 PM