KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nintendo expanding.

Nintendo expanding.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

Nintendo expanding.

Nintendo has expanded to new businesses in the past couple of years. They're working on a QoL platform, Pikmin shorts were made, and now Netflix is making a Zelda series.

What are your thoughts on Nintendo expanding their IPs to other forms of media?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:35 AM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Good.

Nintendo needs to expand a shit-ton and become a corporate beast on par with Microsoft and Apple, imo. They are more responsible with their funds than any major company I can think of (I do not know all the fortune 500 companies, however).

Someone argue against my position because I feel I may be too biased.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 03:24 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Good.

Nintendo needs to expand a shit-ton and become a corporate beast on par with Microsoft and Apple, imo. They are more responsible with their funds than any major company I can think of (I do not know all the fortune 500 companies, however).

Someone argue against my position because I feel I may be too biased.

No! Nintendo is the only one who value their exclusives and therefore get all the respect.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 04:48 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I can't disagree with anything that's been said thus far, so thumb up all around. thumb up

While we're talking about Nintendo media expansion, I'd say this calls for an anime adaptation/entry for Fire Emblem (or Xenoblade Chronicles... or anything else of comparable narrative caliber). big grin

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 04:59 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I just really hope Link isn't in the Zelda tv show on Netflix.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 05:08 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

What else would they do?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 05:24 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think they are decent moves overall, so far nothing points out towards them overspreading their reach.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 05:45 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Sacred 117
What else would they do?
Set the show in Hyrule, but while keeping the main cast off screen while the epic battle for the world unfolds around them. How do the normal people deal with horrible monsters? What's life like in Kakariko? Do the Sheikah deal with the population at large frequently or keep themselves secreted away in the shadow temple? etc.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 06:31 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Set the show in Hyrule, but while keeping the main cast off screen while the epic battle for the world unfolds around them. How do the normal people deal with horrible monsters? What's life like in Kakariko? Do the Sheikah deal with the population at large frequently or keep themselves secreted away in the shadow temple? etc.

So nothing like the games?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 06:45 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

thumb up

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 06:51 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sounds like shit.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 06:51 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I just really hope Link isn't in the Zelda tv show on Netflix.
lol

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 07:23 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I hope Link's in it and is a girl.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 07:30 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Tzeentch

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 07:46 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by ares834
Sounds like shit.
I take your objection as proof I'm in the right.
Originally posted by Bentley
So nothing like the games?
Exactly. They wouldn't translate well to television.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 07:47 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Just look at the cartoon.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 07:50 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Why not have twins. One becomes the hero of legend while the other burns with jealousy and become dark link and main antagonist for season2?

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 09:04 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Exactly. They wouldn't translate well to television.

I disagree, it's pretty doable as the Zelda games have an actual narrative even when it comes to game mechanics. As far as games go, Zelda games would be a great fit for TV.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 10:28 AM
dadudemon

I hope is has Link and Zelda.

Just because Link is mute in games does not mean he'd be Mute in real life. You have dialogue options in the Legend of Zelda games and you are clearly talking to people as they respond. It's just a trope of the games to not have Link talk. Not necessarily a gimmick...more like a branding thing. That's just "Link." However, a very quiet and stoic Link that only talks when absolutely necessary can still give us the "feel" of Link from the games.

But I do hope we do not get the "excUUUuuuse me, princess" Link. That would be terrible...it would make me lol but it would be "es terrible."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:27 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Tzeentch

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:51 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote