KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Rate these Fighting Games from least to best!

Rate these Fighting Games from least to best!
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Rate these Fighting Games from least to best!

Street Fighter X Tekken, Dissidia Duodecim 012: Final Fantasy, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mortal Kombat X, PowerStone, PS All-Stars: Battle Royale, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith versus Mode, Soul Calibur V, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Killer Instinct, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.

GO!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 10:52 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Far as the current gen systems, it feels like MK's one of the only current relevant fighting series, as it still innovates a good deal unlike most of the others that just rehash in comparison, and KI3 is pretty great on the scene too, but other than that...

I wish the other fighting series well in the future though (that Street Fighter 5 does good on the PS4, etc), but Soul Calibur 5 basically killed the SC series (ask pretty much any longtime fans of it) and hard to see it coming back after that, etc.

Is difficult to really compare all those listed individual games with how different they are. In terms of balancing and stuff though Injustice is one of the worst, even though I liked it. Melee is timeless because it's Melee, though I would've listed the current Smash too.

Why is the Star Wars episode III versus mode on there? I could hardly count that as a fighter, if at all, and I thought you would've listed Dragon Ball Xenoverse over Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which likely hasn't aged that well... lol

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 12:21 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Far as the current gen systems, it feels like MK's one of the only current relevant fighting series, as it still innovates a good deal unlike most of the others that just rehash in comparison, and KI3 is pretty great on the scene too, but other than that...

I wish the other fighting series well in the future though (that Street Fighter 5 does good on the PS4, etc), but Soul Calibur 5 basically killed the SC series (ask pretty much any longtime fans of it) and hard to see it coming back after that, etc.

Is difficult to really compare all those listed individual games with how different they are. In terms of balancing and stuff though Injustice is one of the worst, even though I liked it. Melee is timeless because it's Melee, though I would've listed the current Smash too.

Why is the Star Wars episode III versus mode on there? I could hardly count that as a fighter, if at all, and I thought you would've listed Dragon Ball Xenoverse over Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which likely hasn't aged that well... lol
Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is widely considered to be the best DBZ game of all time. Better then Burst Limit, better then Xenoverse, better then... just about every DBZ game you can think of. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Also, YES, Revenge of the Sith versus mode is most certainly is a fighter, it has the mechanics of a fighter, it looks like a fighter, you pick specific arena's to fight in, you pick the character you want to fight with.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 08:09 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Street Fighter X Tekken, Dissidia Duodecim 012: Final Fantasy, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mortal Kombat X, PowerStone, PS All-Stars: Battle Royale, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith versus Mode, Soul Calibur V, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Killer Instinct, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.

GO!

There are five games in there I've never played but I can tell you the least good one is definitely PlayStation All-Stars IMO. At least Soul Calibur V, despite it's crap story, was playable and didn't have absurd mechanics that make you want to pull your hair out which is why I rate Smash Bros. the highest for its simplicity and overall fun. Mortal Kombat, MvC, Street Fighter, Killer Instinct and Soul Calibur can be fun too but when you just want to relax and play something that isn't too complex, Mario delivers.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 5th, 2015 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 09:25 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is widely considered to be the best DBZ game of all time. Better then Burst Limit, better then Xenoverse, better then... just about every DBZ game you can think of. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Also, YES, Revenge of the Sith versus mode is most certainly is a fighter, it has the mechanics of a fighter, it looks like a fighter, you pick specific arena's to fight in, you pick the character you want to fight with.

I see. I got BT3 and liked it as much as the next person, but didn't think it was all that. Main thing that made it a sell for me was the new playable characters at the time and I guess the roster size (which mind you was pretty big compared to your usual DBZ game of today), but looking back, it was more quantity over quality in that sense, like Mortal Kombat Armageddon or something. "Buy this for how big the roster is!"

I know it's a tossup for most fans between Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3 as to which to them is the best DBZ of all time or whatever, but I find both kinda overrated now.

I had gotten that Star Wars game and it felt like pretty much everyone played the same in versus, barring an exception or two like Grievous. Was okay for a movie licensed game, but if that's the best example there is for a Star Wars lightsaber fighter, then we have yet to ever see a real solid one.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 11:56 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I see. I got BT3 and liked it as much as the next person, but didn't think it was all that. Main thing that made it a sell for me was the new playable characters at the time and I guess the roster size (which mind you was pretty big compared to your usual DBZ game of today), but looking back, it was more quantity over quality in that sense, like Mortal Kombat Armageddon or something. "Buy this for how big the roster is!"

I know it's a tossup for most fans between Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3 as to which to them is the best DBZ of all time or whatever, but I find both kinda overrated now.

I had gotten that Star Wars game and it felt like pretty much everyone played the same in versus, barring an exception or two like Grievous. Was okay for a movie licensed game, but if that's the best example there is for a Star Wars lightsaber fighter, then we have yet to ever see a real solid one.
...It takes a lot to satisfy you as a gamer, huh?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 12:44 AM
Jmanghan

Bump

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 02:22 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Mortal Kombat X
Injustice

Dunt care...

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 05:07 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote