KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Transformers Devastation

Transformers Devastation
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Transformers Devastation

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...tation#/slide/1

quote:
a cell-shaded action game that brings players back to the original animated series. Developed by Platinum Games, the title is officially described as follows:

Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devastation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.

• Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth

• Platinum Games signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system

• Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock

• A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay

• Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

Set to debut on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 6

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 06:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

>cell-shaded

Was Platinum the dev-team that made war/fall of Cybertron?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 06:53 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Nope, That was High Moon Studios.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 06:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

dang

Edit- lol, apparently HMS was bought by activision after they made Fall of Cybertron and then was neutered into impotency immediately after finishing Deadpool. God I hate the video game industry.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jun 15th, 2015 at 07:37 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 07:33 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
>cell-shaded

Was Platinum the dev-team that made war/fall of Cybertron?

Platinum made bayonetta and wonderful 101

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 04:15 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I quite like Cel-Shaded when its done right.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 06:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx

I think Cell shading will take away some of the edge that WFC and FOC established.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 04:43 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 10:13 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 07:33 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 1st, 2015 02:44 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Platinum made bayonetta and wonderful 101

Also Metal Gear Rising and Vanquish, and has ties to Okami and God Hand...

I believe they also did Legend of Korra, which I've never played but heard had things about.

But I like Platinum's style, and love G1, so TFbig grin is a must buy for me.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 18th, 2015 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 08:04 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

This looks sexay!
Too bad we have no playable Decepticons....sad

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 09:11 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Estacado
This looks sexay!
Too bad we have no playable Decepticons....sad

Unless you count the Nemesis Prime skin for Optimus. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2015 02:48 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From what i've seen its awesome with what Platnium games has done with the G1 stuff.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2015 05:27 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
From what i've seen its awesome with what Platnium games has done with the G1 stuff.

After playing through chapter 1, it is!

I thought the visuals were a little funky, at first. Almost has an "uncanny valley" vibe the way it tries to mimmick the 'toon, but ends up looking like cgi pretending.

But you get used to it. And the story is definately something out of the 1980's cheese, in a good way.

Gameplay itself is, as expected, brutal. I played enough Platinum games where I acclimated fairly quickly, and can clear encounters without much trouble (Scoring a C on average, sometimes a B, and once or twice an A..) But I can only imagine how much trouble a Transformers fan that's never played a Platinum game will have.. The learning curve isn't exactly a gentle slope for newcomers.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2015 06:30 AM
cdtm

I can't find much hype about this game outside of the ps4 section at gamefaqs. And there is NO talk from last gen owners, which I assume many still are.

Most of the Transformers fans I know who couldn't stop talking about War for Cybertron or Fall of Cybertron don't seem to have much interest in getting this..

Add this one into the pile of criminally underrated games that include God Hand, I guess..

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 21st, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 10:21 PM
Estacado
Legendary

It's a really sweet hack n slash game!
The costumization is nice!
Boss battles are cool!

Level design is pretty meh though....

Currently at chapter 5.

Grimlock is my fave character so far.

I dig that you get the main weapon of each boss after defeating them.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 11:22 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Estacado
I

Level design is pretty meh though....

Well they attempted to go for the G1 style like the old cartoon, Personally i think they nailed it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 11:30 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Not the visuals more.like the structure.

Anyways game is awesome.

Just got Shockwave's gun.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 08:27 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Game is roughly 6 hours long with 50 challenges.

Just got star sabre and fusion cannon for.finishing it

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 11:31 AM