KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Final Fantasy VII REMADE

Not an expanded story, not a stupid movie. An honest to God remake of one of the best games of the PS1 era and arguably the best Final Fantasy game(of the main series).

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:20 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yeah about time they stopped being stuck up bitches.

Will probbably come out sometime in 2050

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:39 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I got chills during this announcement. This is so amazing.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:44 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Probably wont be out until 2019, though.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:50 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:50 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So easy to **** up... Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I actually liked the combat system from FFXIII. The paradigm shift made for easy free flow combat.

Maybe this remake will have a similar system.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Shemue actually has me more hyped than this, but I hope this is a Square Enix's way of caring for their franchises. They better translate Dragon Quest VII and VIII while they are at it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:19 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Shemue actually has me more hyped than this, but I hope this is a Square Enix's way of caring for their franchises. They better translate Dragon Quest VII and VIII while they are at it.

What they did translate Dragon Quest VIII to French?....that sucks.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Bentley

thumb up

Shemue was important not only for appealing towards a game that many have wanted(longer than a remake for VII actually) but because Sony is associating with Kickstarter, which has become a nice positive force in gaming.

And yeah Square cares.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:29 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Impediment
I actually liked the combat system from FFXIII. The paradigm shift made for easy free flow combat.

Maybe this remake will have a similar system.
that will only bring a shitstorm

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:42 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

They should just straight up go Kingdom Hearts gameplay. I gotta big sword! I wanna press a button and quickly kill dudes with it!

The Paradigm system also doesn't worth with VII thematically.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:45 AM
Impediment
Endless

This.

Attachment: shutup.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:49 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

they should leave the combat the same. even if its dated. FF7 fanboys are rabid losers. The whine would never end

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:49 AM
Impediment
Endless

Kingdom Hearts combat seems viable.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 08:50 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I seriously doubt they'll change the combat too much. Can't see the turning it into Kingdom Hearts. Might speed it up a bit but I'd be surprised if they did a wholesale rebuild of the combat.

Really for me the combat doesn't matter very much. I'm more interested in other aspects, like if they'll continue to have an overworld portion of the game like in older FF games, or if they'll modernize that and make it more linear like FFXIII, or something more akin to FFXII/FFXV, with more open spaces.

Also hope the voice acting isn't terrible.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 09:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I can only imagine what the Gold Saucer will be like.

Last edited by Impediment on Jun 17th, 2015 at 02:09 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 09:07 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I hope the mechanics aren't changed too much... It's a remake, not a reboot, so even putting aside the story, I hope that the combat system for example is at least somewhat familiar.

I wouldn't be a fan of using, say, the FFXIII kind etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 09:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

When they showed Barrett's gun arm I literally yelled out loud "**** YOU....DONT EVEN...**** YOU"

And then Cloud and I was like "ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING!?"

It was glorious

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:45 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I was crying tears of blood at around 1:23 mark when the tune started playing.
So many memories, flashing through my mind like a deck of cards tossed on top of a table.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be using the tried-and-tested turn-based system.
Times are a-changing, it will most probably be hack-and-slash style ala Demon's Souls.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 06:55 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote