KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil Village

Resident Evil Village
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Resident Evil 8

https://twistedvoxel.com/rumor-resi...in-development/

A twitter account with a history of leaking RE info just leaked that RE8 is in development. They also corroborated Dusk Golems RE3 leak (Dusk Golem is a leaker I'm more familiar with and actually trust since he hasn't been wrong on any of the games he's leaked; RE2, Re7, Evil Within 2, and Sekiro off the top of my head). Take this leak with a grain of salt unless you're familiar with the account and put more stock in the RE3 leak IMO

quote:
-Resident Evil 8 “will take place on a recently-abandoned island where the secret laboratory is located.”
-The story so far is to “uncover the truth behind the creation of Eveline and more of similar bio-weapons.”
-“Some concepts from 3.5 (hook-man) will be borrowed for 8.”
-“Hallucinations will play a big part, getting players confused on what’s real or not.”
-Capcom is debating on whether they want to make this a mainline game or spin-off.
-After the praise received by Resident Evil 2, they will go with a third-person camera view.
-Development on Resident Evil 8 started last year by a small team.
-Capcom is also discussing Resident Evil 3 Remake internally.
-Resident Evil 8 will be released only after Resident Evil 3 Remake is out.
-Capcom has no interest in remaking Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6.

For those of you not familiar with RE3.5, it was one of the scrapped versions of RE4 (there were 3 scrapped versions before the masterpiece we got, and one of the others ended up as Devil May Cry). The trailer (below) introduced an invincible stalker enemy called Hookman that took the series into a seemingly supernatural direction. It looks they're trying to bring his concept back in 8 through hallucinations, which has me split. One one hand, this could give RE the chance to really explore one of it's protagonists since hallucinations could add more psychological elements to RE if handled well. On the other, hallucinations are IMO a lazy storytelling device and the game would lose its novelty when you know whats real or not (RE is about BOWs so there is no way to convince the player the Hookman is real unless they really do decide to bring in supernatural elements).

Still, IMO RE3.5 is one of the cooler video game concepts I've seen. I wouldn't mind pieces of it returning. Since this title follows someone investigating the creation of Eveline and other BOWs to the source, I'm assuming it has to be the BSAA right? So probably Chris, Barry, Rebecca, or Jill as returning protagonists? Leon and Claire are out since their jobs have nothing to do with BOWs (they're usually just in the wrong place and wrong time). I suppose it could be Ethan (I wouldn't be surprised if he joined after the events of 7)

PWNT

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 08:01 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

https://www.ign.com/articles/report...be-first-person

F*ck. That was the one thing I didn't want. I loved RE7 and it's IMO one of the best in the series up there with REmake, RE2 (both versions), and RE4, but god damn I hate first person.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 04:09 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

RE2 was the last good one. 4 is overrated, everything after 5 is complete shit.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 04:15 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
RE2 was the last good one.
lol

quote:
4 is overrated,
No. It's rated exactly where it should be. One of the best games of all time.

quote:
everything after 5 is complete shit.
No. The Revelations games were solid and both 7 and RE2make are some of the best in the series.

How the hell did you manage to make a post that had almost every sentence be straight up wrong?

PWNT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 04:21 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Arachnid1
https://www.ign.com/articles/report...be-first-person

F*ck. That was the one thing I didn't want. I loved RE7 and it's IMO one of the best in the series up there with REmake, RE2 (both versions), and RE4, but god damn I hate first person.

I loved the first person viewpoint. Personally I'm happy they're bringing it back but I know a lot of people didn't care for it. Ideally, they would make it so you could choose first person or third person over the shoulder.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 05:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

1st person again? Sigh, okay then.

And werewolves? Da fuq?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 05:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds to me that they're going back to the plans that they had for the 4th game.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 05:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I also loved the first person view in RE7. It made the game feel new and it allowed them to do some awesome moments. And they nailed it as well.

I'm happy they are doing it again. I assume the idea is to remake most old RE games in 3rd person and then new games be in 1st person.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 01:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Sounds to me that they're going back to the plans that they had for the 4th game.

I know, disgusting.

It's not survival horror anymore, it's goddamned call of duty.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 02:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I really dislike RE4 with a passion.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:01 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I really have terrible taste.
thumb up

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:08 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Shut up, homo.

It was a great game back then and I played the **** out of it when I was 9 but with time it became apparent to me that it wasn't as good as I previously thought. The story isn't interesting, generic protagonist, boring enemy design, boring level desing after you reach the castle, so-so gameplay, shit soundtrack etc.

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Jan 29th, 2020 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 08:58 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Smasandian
I also loved the first person view in RE7. It made the game feel new and it allowed them to do some awesome moments. And they nailed it as well.

I'm happy they are doing it again. I assume the idea is to remake most old RE games in 3rd person and then new games be in 1st person.

But after the RE3make, will that be it for 3rd person as far as the mainline games? Therein lies my concern.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:04 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I would like they commit to the First Person for the new trilogy and leave the 3rd person for the inevitable Code Veronica Remake.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:09 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Shut up, homo.

It was a great game back then and I played the **** out of it when I was 9 but with time it became apparent to me that it wasn't as good as I previously thought. The story isn't interesting, generic protagonist, boring enemy design, boring level desing after you reach the castle, so-so gameplay, shit soundtrack etc.

I'll say early game was spectacular. That village was simply amazing.

And then it turns into a gothic B movie with samey environments. Basically, it felt like they got lazy, or rushed most of the mid/late game, with all the polish focused on those first few hours, where most bad reviewers pack it in and give their verdicts.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:49 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Honestly, I admire 4 as a technical achievement. Mechanically. it's a fantastic game.

Story wise, though? It's not that great. And upping the action from 3 and CV (which were already pretty actiony) is the reason we ended up getting the abominations that were 5 and 6.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not sure I see Code Veronica getting prioritized for a remake like 2 and 3, but if it happens, I wont complain.

Eh, I still thank 5 for all the people and fellow fans I met through it. While not technically good RE games, the co-op of 5 and 6 was still a good experience, and the more co-op/actiony stuff seems to be saved for spinoffs nowadays, so the 4-6 trilogy feels kinda harmless retroactively, now that the main series is past the hollywood action phase.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 11:41 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know, disgusting.

It's not survival horror anymore, it's goddamned call of duty.

Nice try, Troll

but it wasn't that, That game originally was gonna have ghosts in that one.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 12:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Nice try, Troll

but it wasn't that, That game originally was gonna have ghosts in that one.

My mistake.

I confused you as a person of good taste.

Werewolves and first person view have as much business in an RE game as a machine gun has in Legend of Zelda.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 12:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I confused you as a person of good taste.

Which i do have good taste, But that's all subjective.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2020 12:41 AM