KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...-preview-reveal

I've heard good things about the first and it's been in my backlog for some while. I'm interested.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 08:30 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 08:22 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Same. I really enjoyed the first, but I doubt they can reproduce the feeling but I truly hope so big grin

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 05:25 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I've never played the first either. But it is regularly touted as one of the best in the RPG genre. So I’m looking forward to this.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 06:16 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

*orgasms*

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 10:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The first was utterly fantastic. If it was just a bit less of an unpolished clunky piece of shit and if the final stages of the game were a bit better it would be perfect.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 12:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sad thing is, if this game is even half as good as the first game it will still be superior to most modern games.

Also, they better f*cking have Smiling Jack.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 12:11 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It was better than most games out when it came out too.

Gaming was not any better back then, and in a lot of ways it was worse. Don't believe the meme.

And I'm personally holding out hope that we can play as Sabbat clans as well as Camarilla. Being a Tziscime or however you spell it would be dope.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 01:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
It was better than most games out when it came out too.

Gaming was not any better back then, and in a lot of ways it was worse. Don't believe the meme.

And I'm personally holding out hope that we can play as Sabbat clans as well as Camarilla. Being a Tziscime or however you spell it would be dope.

Oh I know gaming was not better. The things people can do with games these days are amazing. However, this is more about how a game *feels*. The atmosphere of the first game was part of what made it good. I was hoping an Antediluvian should show up though. In the source material they had to use magical nukes and then amplified sunlight to kill one that was weakened. I'm also aware of the rumors the cab driver was Caine or a Malkavian.

Speaking of Malkavians, a friend of mine told me he read that you won't be able to play as them, but he can't remember where he read it. Though personally I will of course be playing as Tremere(if it's included).

Reading more about it, you play as a thin blood that is a result of a mass turning that was done in public. Interesting, they were quite weak in the first game. Pretty sure I convinced one to kill themselves.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 02:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Brujah:

Tremere:

Toreador:

Old Post May 15th, 2019 11:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thin Bloods:

Ventrue:

Old Post May 24th, 2019 12:20 AM
Arachnid1

That looks fkn dope

Hopefully the first one goes on sale soon so I can pick it up. Not playing the second before I do.

PWNT

Old Post May 24th, 2019 07:47 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

You start Thin Blooded and are brought into a clan later, giving you TB powers as well as whatever clan you join up with.

Old Post May 28th, 2019 12:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
You start Thin Blooded and are brought into a clan later, giving you TB powers as well as whatever clan you join up with.

Are you sure? Because they are treating it like a separate clan when they discuss it.

Old Post May 29th, 2019 05:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was a rumor at one point they wouldn't be in the game, but they are here:

Malkavian- Never ending, never silent, never alone

So this is the final clan for the game, I guess a lot of people thought it would be Nosferatu or Gangrel. I gotta admit Gangrel were really fun to play as in the first game. Of course it is still possible that DLC for the game will add more clans.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 4th, 2019 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 09:59 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Big fan of The World of Darkness. Played the tabletop and played it on MiRC back in the day (was actually a mod although we’re called guides/storytellers). Also played the CCG (just VTES not Rage).

Really looking forward to this game. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 11:25 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 05:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Damn I havent played the first but I have been waiting for a vampire RPG for god knows how long....

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 07:19 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Surtur
There was a rumor at one point they wouldn't be in the game, but they are here:

Malkavian- Never ending, never silent, never alone

So this is the final clan for the game, I guess a lot of people thought it would be Nosferatu or Gangrel. I gotta admit Gangrel were really fun to play as in the first game. Of course it is still possible that DLC for the game will add more clans.
No nosferatu? Dropped.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 08:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
No nosferatu? Dropped.

Could added in DLC. Or with mods.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 03:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Estacado
Damn I havent played the first but I have been waiting for a vampire RPG for god knows how long....

You should definitely give the first a try. It's on steam.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 03:24 PM