KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls Remastered
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Dark Souls Remastered

If someone made this thread I'm deeply sorry but I couldn't find it.

I've been playing this lately on the Switch, and I've never beaten it before, so I figured why not make a thread for "Remastered" so I and others can gush about it.

Beat Ornstein and Smough by myself yesterday so I'm pretty proud of that.

Anyway, discuss!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Mar 29th, 2020 at 10:58 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 10:51 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Seath's tail is rather annoying to get to, tbh, but I guess that's the whole point.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 06:28 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I got this one a while back, Amazing how much better Blighttown runs in this version.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 06:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I got this one a while back, Amazing how much better Blighttown runs in this version.
Yeah, I mean people complain about how "little" is improved, but the frame-rate is leagues better and the game runs pretty damn well compared to the original.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 07:03 AM
Jmanghan

Kalameet is harder then Manus.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2020 11:10 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Are you okay my man

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 11th, 2020 11:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Kalameet is harder then Manus.
Nah, not really. Manus is the hardest boss in original Dark Souls. Kalameet might not even place second tbh.

Also, this game doesn't do enough to be worth a purchase from someone who already owns the original game, but if you have not played Dark Souls and want to play it on PC get this version. Ultimately it is just a much better optimized version with some quality of life improvements on the game.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 12:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
Nah, not really. Manus is the hardest boss in original Dark Souls. Kalameet might not even place second tbh.

Also, this game doesn't do enough to be worth a purchase from someone who already owns the original game, but if you have not played Dark Souls and want to play it on PC get this version. Ultimately it is just a much better optimized version with some quality of life improvements on the game.
Dude I'm sure in NG+ modes he's harder, but while I did get hit he just doesn't hit hard enough to destroy my HP like Kalameet does. Artorias is a joke if you can stop his enchantment, he gives you way too much time to heal.

Also I just like playing while laying down more, so meh.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 02:17 AM
Jmanghan

Okay so... I take it back, Manus is harder (I beat him today), but the trek back to Kalameet is so ****ing annoying IMO.

You have to deal with the dogs, then go down the long-ass ladder. It isn't that bad on paper but every time I die to Kalameet it makes me rage so much harder then any time with Manus.

I've only died to Kalameet 5+ times and died to Manus like 15-16 times? Nothing compared to O&S though, those guys made me scream.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 02:39 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

All these bosses are a joke to Nightmare King Grimm, plebs.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2020 03:35 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Hollow Knight is next after completing the Skyrim DLC... which will be after I complete DS.

A lot of these gaming "greats" I'm only just now completing.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 10:08 PM
Jmanghan

DS>Hollow Knight.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 05:29 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

DS>Hollow Knight.
Nope. Not even close.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 07:39 AM
Jmanghan

Nope. Not even close.
Salt & Sanctuary was better don't @ me.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 09:28 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I had way more trouble with O&S than I did with Grimm.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 01:15 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I had way more trouble with O&S than I did with Grimm.
I find that really bizarre, coming from someone who's done a soul level 1 playthrough of Dark Souls and spanked O and S's asses.

I wouldn't even say they're the hardest boss in Dark Souls.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 01:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Salt & Sanctuary was better don't @ me.
Ayyy someone else who played Salt and Sanctuary.

It's not as good as Hollow Knight though. thumb down

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 01:17 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
I find that really bizarre, coming from someone who's done a soul level 1 playthrough of Dark Souls and spanked O and S's asses.

I wouldn't even say they're the hardest boss in Dark Souls.
I died way more to O&S then I did to Kalameet, Manus, or Artorias.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 11:00 AM
cdtm

But did they fix the remaster for Switch? Or is it still a visual downgrade?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/5709...22345927615044/

quote:
Graphics downgrade
Was hoping it wouldn't be this way on launch but here we are. I would have paid 20 bucks for the same game but more stable but other than the framerate and some multiplayer features this is a huge step down visually.

Character reflections seem to be gone almost entirely making metals extremely washed out and plastic looking (start as knight and watch the cutscene where the crow picks you up from the asylum and you'll see the character is nearly black where in the original they are super reflective and crisp).
Comparison at firelink: https://i.gyazo.com/c940123f0292646...304d52a610b.png

Depth of field has been lowered but now distant low-poly geometry is more visible so its not really a draw distance improvement (and imo the depth of field didn't need to be "fixed")

Tonemapping/HDR seems to have been axed completely? In firelink looking up at the sky used to make it auto adjust because of how bright the sky was but now everything is just flat.

Bonfire flame turned to generic fire effect.

Blood looks worse.

So far that's all I have noticed as I've only just made it to firelink.
Saying this is just Dark Souls with DSFix is actually giving a tad too much credit imo. Sure its cool that it never drops below 60 for me now but I had kind of gotten used to ~45 fps in blight town

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 02:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

It was never a visual downgrade.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 04:39 PM