KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy 16

Final Fantasy 16
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Final Fantasy 16

Looks like more hack and slash type bs, which killed 15 for me. I never even tried the 7 remake because of that. This may be a pass unless I see something more tactical built into the combat.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 11:28 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It’s being made by the team that made FF14 which has some of the best FF storytelling in decades. The producer is the guy who turned FF14 around. I’m very excited for this game just because of that fact. It can be argued that as a whole FF14 is one of the best FF games in the entire series.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 02:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, it being made by the team behind 14 and having combat like that makes me very interested.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Looks like more hack and slash type bs, which killed 15 for me. I never even tried the 7 remake because of that. This may be a pass unless I see something more tactical built into the combat.

You're missing out on FF7R.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 05:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The graphics look surprisingly poor for a next gen FF game.

Still, looks pretty interesting.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 07:49 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BackFire
It’s being made by the team that made FF14 which has some of the best FF storytelling in decades. The producer is the guy who turned FF14 around. I’m very excited for this game just because of that fact. It can be argued that as a whole FF14 is one of the best FF games in the entire series.
The setting looks fantastic in the trailer at least. I'm sure the story will be great too. These games just live and die by the combat for me.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, it being made by the team behind 14 and having combat like that makes me very interested.

You're missing out on FF7R.
I'll consider giving it a go then, though at a sale to be safe. I wasn't too into the combat in the demo, though I do hear it opens up a ton from that. IDK I'm just super hesitant because of the past few main entries (15 especially).

PWNT

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 03:05 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The official website is up and it has some new information on the characters and world.

https://na.finalfantasyxvi.com/

quote:
The Eikons are the most powerful and deadly creatures in Valisthea. Each resides within a Dominant—a single man or woman who is blessed with the ability to call upon their dread power. In some nations these Dominants are treated as royalty in admiration of this strength—in others they are bound in fear of it, and forced to serve as weapons of war. Those who are born as Dominants cannot escape their fate, however cruel it may be.

That sounds pretty awesome.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2020 01:58 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sounds very cool. Can’t wait.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2020 03:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Sounds kind of like Jinchuriki.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2020 08:18 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Excellent trailer. This looks incredible.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 02:37 AM