KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Sony has removed PS3, PSP, and PS Vita Titles from the browser-based PS Store

Sony has removed PS3, PSP, and PS Vita Titles from the browser-based PS Store
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Sony has removed PS3, PSP, and PS Vita Titles from the browser-based PS Store

https://www.neowin.net/news/sony-is...eb-storefronts/

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/must...3-psvita-games/

https://www.gamesradar.com/playstat...web-and-mobile/

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/8/...gn-october-2020

Went to buy "Breath of Fire IV" on the online store since my PS Vita's battery seems ****ed and my PSP can't currently connect to online due to my internet's security being too "new", was met with this BS.

Thoughts?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 1st, 2020 09:39 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It blows....

Even when finding PS1 games through the PS3's PSN Store, Those had a section for themselves and Sony seem to bury them

gotta use the search function just to find them now.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2020 10:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

This is why I play retro games on retro hardware.

Or emulation, though not really anymore except for my Atgames arcade box and legal Steam Genesis games, and older retro titles on newer retro hardware.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2020 07:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

Or emulation, though not really anymore except for my Atgames arcade box and legal Steam Genesis games, and older retro titles on newer retro hardware.

That's good and all if you actually own said games.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 12:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
That's good and all if you actually own said games.

Most of them. thumb up

20 bucks Atgames Legends 2018 on clearance, a cheap SD card, and a 10 dollar Sega Genesis and Megadrive Collection on Steam makes for a really good Sega Genesis clone.

Even has rewinding.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 01:40 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: Sony has removed PS3, PSP, and PS Vita Titles from the browser-based PS Store

Originally posted by Jmanghan
https://www.neowin.net/news/sony-is...eb-storefronts/

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/must...3-psvita-games/

https://www.gamesradar.com/playstat...web-and-mobile/

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/8/...gn-october-2020

Went to buy "Breath of Fire IV" on the online store since my PS Vita's battery seems ****ed and my PSP can't currently connect to online due to my internet's security being too "new", was met with this BS.

Thoughts?

What were you going to play it on?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 02:30 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

10 dollar Sega Genesis and Megadrive Collection on Steam makes for a really good Sega Genesis clone.

I like how people are uploading roms through the steam workshop for it

if Sega were smart they would add more games to buy rather then keep letting people add games illegally.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2020 04:18 AM
StyleTime

I'd rather just download it to my PS4, even if just to have them all in one place. It's only the web and mobile storefronts affected by it.

Of course, I must emulate when I need to. I'm still waiting for them to release Einhander on the PSN Store. It was a big slap in the face when these assholes released it on the Japanese store but not ours.

They added all kinds of shmups to the store, dating back to even Gradius, yet they continue to withhold Einhander from the West for no discernable reason. I know there's ways to make a japanese account, but you shouldn't have to.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 3rd, 2020 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 06:00 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
I like how people are uploading roms through the steam workshop for it

if Sega were smart they would add more games to buy rather then keep letting people add games illegally.

I guess there's a novelty in playing ill gotten goods in Steams walled garden

I'm just glad I backed up Revenge of Shinbi, lawsuit edition. That's the kind of thing Steamworkshop was meant for, alternate roms of the game you paid for (Which were ironically all likely downloaded from illegal piracy sites and reuploaded to Steam)

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 02:56 PM
Jmanghan

Re: Re: Sony has removed PS3, PSP, and PS Vita Titles from the browser-based PS Store

Originally posted by BackFire
What were you going to play it on?

I have discovered I ****ing H A T E gaming on a TV and are only KIND OF into gaming on a PC.

Therefore, my interests lie with portable gaming and it's legitimately the only kind of gaming I've done in years.

The only games I've played on the TV in the past year are Kingdom Hearts 3 (which I still haven't finished), and Monster Hunter World (which I literally started and never came back to).

I mean, as far as serious gaming. I've played some indie titles but that's about it.

It's just so hard to motivate myself to sit up and move closer to a TV and have to sit in a chair for hours and hours. Then I get up and have back pain from sitting in said chair, the TV is in a bad position as it is, gotta keep moving out of the way so people can get by at any given time.

Meanwhile my 3DS, PSP, PS Vita, Switch, etc, are all right there. There's only one game I even get on PC to play these days, and that's Jedi Academy due to it allowing me to live out battles between fictional swordsmen (it has some pretty dope swordplay mechanics and changing from a lightsaber to a sword is as simple as dropping something into a folder), I don't even really play it that much anymore.

Every single other game I really REALLY wanna play are on Switch, PSP, 3DS, etc.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2020 07:13 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

And now the Vita store is acting up, enough that Kotaku and Push Square are reporting on it:

https://kotaku.com/playstation-vita...ason-1845796422

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...r_over_24_hours

Lmao if I lose access to all my digital Vita content I'm gonna be extremely pissed, this, right here people, is why I buy physical.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 04:59 PM
StyleTime

The Vita storefront glitch has been fixed. Everything should be intact.

Although, I don't particularly consider this a huge knock on digital. Even if Vita support totally disappeared, you could always emulate on your phone if you really want portability. Smartphones really were the silver bullet against handheld consoles.

Last edited by StyleTime on Dec 3rd, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 10:08 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by StyleTime
The Vita storefront glitch has been fixed. Everything should be intact.

Although, I don't particularly consider this a huge knock on digital. Even if Vita support totally disappeared, you could always emulate on your phone if you really want portability. Smartphones really were the silver bullet against handheld consoles.
I don't even own a phone, and buttons >>>>>>>> touch-screen BS.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2021 10:10 PM
StyleTime

Do you really not own a phone? I totally understand phones are a privilege for much of the world, but I just find it hard to believe that applies to you considering you spend money on modern gaming consoles and software. Or is it just a personal decision not to carry a phone?

As for the controller vs touch screen, they make controllers for your phone. You can also use your Playstation(PS4 or PS5) or Xbone controllers with your phone. PS3 and 360 controllers work too, but require more setup or have a limited functionality in some areas.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 8th, 2021 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2021 10:44 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by StyleTime
Do you really not own a phone? I totally understand phones are a privilege for much of the world, but I just find it hard to believe that applies to you considering you spend money on modern gaming consoles and software. Or is it just a personal decision not to carry a phone?

As for the controller vs touch screen, they make controllers for your phone. You can also use your Playstation(PS4 or PS5) or Xbone controllers with your phone. PS3 and 360 controllers work too, but require more setup or have a limited functionality in some areas.
I haven't owned a phone since high school.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2021 11:17 PM
ares834

WTF how can you function?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2021 11:57 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
WTF how can you function?
There are people on KMC older then smartphones.

I am older then smartphones.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 01:01 AM
ares834

But, nowadays, the modern world assumes everyone has one. Getting by without a cell phone was far easier 20 years ago then it is today.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 02:21 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
There are people on KMC older then smartphones.

I am older then smartphones.

I'd reckon most KMC'ers are older than smartphones tbh.

But you said you didn't have a cellphone at all. I know people who don't use smartphones for personal reasons, but they still have a basic cell phone like the flip ones.

You really have no mobile phone at all?

Just seems like the benefits are too immense if you can get one.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 9th, 2021 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 07:54 PM
Jmanghan

Uh... Idk how no one picked up on this but they quietly and sneakily brought them back...

https://store.playstation.com/en-us...%20menu%3Astore

Just bought Ys: Oath in Felghana off the store, how did no one cover this?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2021 06:49 PM