KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon's Dogma 2

Dragon's Dogma 2
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Dragon's Dogma 2

WE. FINALLY. HAVE. CON-FIR-MA-TIONNNNNN~~!!!!!

https://www.ign.com/articles/capcom...treet-fighter-6

https://gamerant.com/dragons-dogma-...-november-2020/

https://wccftech.com/dragons-dogma-...lease-schedule/

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...sha_more

No trailer or official announcement yet, but this is it, it's been leaked, that counts for me.

Idc about the ****in rules, **** it, DD2, BAYBEE!!!!!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 03:01 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Q2 2022? FML.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 05:11 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Q2 2022? FML.
Yeah, 10 years later.

Then another 10 years till DD3.

That said, at least they have time to take in all the fan complaints.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 08:33 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I can't wait for this title to come out. Well I hope it comes out.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2021 04:36 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Great, more shovelware.

Bet this will be a bare minimum effort, little more then a glorified expansion pack.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2021 06:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by cdtm
Great, more shovelware.

Bet this will be a bare minimum effort, little more then a glorified expansion pack.

What makes you say that? The first game was really good.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 12:36 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
What makes you say that? The first game was really good.

Because it's Capcom. They catch lightning in a bottle, then smash the bottle.

Look at Marvel vs Capcom Infinite or Street Fighter V.

Odds are the team that made Dragons Dogma isn't even there anymore, and whoever they throw on it won't have a clue what made it special, and just copy paste. And that's the best case, worst is they try and reinvent the wheel and we end up with a tetrahedron.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 12:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The first game was the most overhyped shit ever. It was fine, but with the sheer amount of people raving about it I expected a masterpiece.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 12:42 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by ares834
The first game was the most overhyped shit ever. It was fine, but with the sheer amount of people raving about it I expected a masterpiece.

You've got to look at it in relative terms. When it came out, the only competition was Skyrim, Witcher 2, Dark Souls, games like that. Good games, but none of them combined the arcady gameplay with a D&D type environment.

For the 360 era, it was spectacular. In the modern era, maybe it pales a bit compared to your Monster Hunter, Witcher 3, or new fangled Assassins Creeds.

But even then, the gameplay mechanics are one of a kind.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 01:13 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Because it's Capcom. They catch lightning in a bottle, then smash the bottle.

Look at Marvel vs Capcom Infinite or Street Fighter V.

Odds are the team that made Dragons Dogma isn't even there anymore, and whoever they throw on it won't have a clue what made it special, and just copy paste. And that's the best case, worst is they try and reinvent the wheel and we end up with a tetrahedron.

I guess that’s possible, but the series lead is the Devil May Cry dude, I doubt he’d let them kill the series too badly.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 02:59 AM
ares834

You've got to look at it in relative terms. When it came out, the only competition was Skyrim, Witcher 2, Dark Souls, games like that. Good games, but none of them combined the arcady gameplay with a D&D type environment.

And I'd argue that every one of those games is quite a bit better than DD.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 03:43 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Not as overhyped as Skyrim or Witcher.

DD has some of the best combat offered in an action-rpg.

If you need story in a game then DD isn't for you, if you wanna experience one of the finest dungeon-crawling experiences, DD is definitely for you.

The dungeon designs are phenomenal, the lore is pretty deep, the gameplay is top-notch regardless of what class you pick. Best magic system in gaming. Revolutionary follower system where the AI is entirely based on who you play and what choices you make in and out of combat.

To top it all off it has some pretty awesome music and a great main villain with a great boss fight. More games need climbing mechanics. I'm so goddamn sick and tired of hacking away at the ankles of giant monsters, and if you do hit them in the face, is there any feedback? Nope. There is in DD.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Apr 9th, 2021 at 04:34 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 04:28 AM
cdtm

And I'd argue that every one of those games is quite a bit better than DD.

Depends on what you're looking for in a game.

Essentially, it's as Vanquish is to Third Person Shooters.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 07:48 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Not as overhyped as Skyrim or Witcher.

DD has some of the best combat offered in an action-rpg.

If you need story in a game then DD isn't for you, if you wanna experience one of the finest dungeon-crawling experiences, DD is definitely for you.

The dungeon designs are phenomenal, the lore is pretty deep, the gameplay is top-notch regardless of what class you pick. Best magic system in gaming. Revolutionary follower system where the AI is entirely based on who you play and what choices you make in and out of combat.

To top it all off it has some pretty awesome music and a great main villain with a great boss fight. More games need climbing mechanics. I'm so goddamn sick and tired of hacking away at the ankles of giant monsters, and if you do hit them in the face, is there any feedback? Nope. There is in DD.

Combine Shadow of the Colossus with Devil May Cry or something, and you're on the right track.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 07:49 PM
ares834

Best magic system in gaming.

erm

Nah. It's better than most but I've seen better.

Revolutionary follower system where the AI is entirely based on who you play and what choices you make in and out of combat.

I'll give you this.

The problem is the climbing mechanic is a complete hassle. Between the camera and poor controls it just ends up a total chore. It's a cool idea but poorly implemented. And plenty of games have feedback when you hit big enemies.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 08:05 PM
cdtm

erm

I'll give you this.

The problem is the climbing mechanic is a complete hassle. Between the camera and poor controls it just ends up a total chore. It's a cool idea but poorly implemented. And plenty of games have feedback when you hit big enemies.

You need to level to get to the good stuff.

And classes give different stats. Run an Assassin foe 10-15 levels, and the strength boosts will have you leaping up a giant like King Kong climbing the Empire State Building.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 08:26 PM
Jmanghan

erm

I'll give you this.

Yeah in gaming is a stretch, but off the top of my head I can't think of a single other game that has magic that's more powerful then DD. Some of the spells take long, but when they hit, godDAMN it's so satisfying.

Yeah the climbing control and camera weren't the best, but when you finally got on a monster and stabbed it in the wing or the eye or the heart it was such a blood-rushing feeling. Especially when you do it for the first time, then you send the flying monsters careening into the ground, so good. Also I'm not trying to tell you about your own experience but in my 2000+ hours in DD I've never had THAT much trouble trying to climb anything that wasn't a dragon.

I'll give you that, the dragonkin suck balls to try and climb, but cyclopses, golems, giant saurians, Daimon, etc, were all easy to climb.

I was mainly talking about Skyrim, stupid blood splash is all you get 90% of the time. Not much feedback. I know Witcher 3 gives feedback fighting bigger monsters, dunno about Witcher 2.

The character creation, character customization are great.

Also, I mean, even if you remove the climbing combat you're still left with an incredible combat system that can rival the best of the best regardless of what class you're playing. There are tons of status effects that you wouldn't see in a lot of other games and make sense. Some of the status effects here aren't even seen in TURN-BASED RPG's, where they're all about status effects.

Here's another cool aspect I really enjoyed, the unique day/night cycle. During the day you don't need a lantern and there aren't as many dangerous enemies out. During the night you need a lantern to see stuff, more difficult monsters show up like ogre's, undead, ghosts, and liches. (Liches in particular, if they land a tornado attack on you, you're pretty ****ed if you don't have a wakestone.)

It's a rather unique experience that you can't really find in any other game, not to mention Bitterblack Isle has some of the best level design in gaming. In terms of games like these, Dark Souls is at the top, but Bitterblack Isle is wayyyy up there.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 08:30 PM
cdtm

Dragons are fun, they look awesome and are actual threats, as dragons should be.

Its ghosts that suck the fun out. **** ghosts.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 08:34 PM
Arachnid1

YES

YES

YES

I'll wait as long as i have to HOLY FUK

edit: Leaks? This isn't a confirmation thread you dick

PWNT

Old Post Apr 10th, 2021 03:48 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Arachnid1
YES

YES

YES

I'll wait as long as i have to HOLY FUK

edit: Leaks? This isn't a confirmation thread you dick
Dude it's a confirmation thread, these are leaks that were confirmed by capcom.

They had massive data leaks last year:
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-first-thought/

Old Post Apr 10th, 2021 05:31 PM