KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Hellish Quart

Hellish Quart
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Hellish Quart

A fighting game about sword dueling, in which the blades really clash using physics, and the characters use motion captured fencing techniques. Play as one of many 17th century warriors and use sabers, rapiers, broadswords and many other blades in quick fights, survival mode or LOCAL multiplayer with friends (you can play online too with Steam Remote Play Together). You can also casually spar with wooden weapons now!

Hellish Quart uses active ragdolls and all damage your blade can do is calculated with realtime physics. Four gamepad buttons represent 4 attack angles. Different button combinations give special attacks and combos. If you are not attacking, your character will automatically try to hold guard against your opponent's attacks. The blades really block each other and that's what's keeping you alive. To win, you must use proper timing, measure, technique, speed and wits - just like when fencing in the real world.

Hellish Quart has a historical setting. The game takes place in 17th century Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. The character models are made using 3D scanned clothes, based on fashion from the period, and the single player campaign (when done!) will be firmly rooted in realities of life in the region. You will duel Zaporozhian Cossacks, Polish Hussars, Tatars, Turkish Janissaries, Swedish Reiters, French Musketeers and more.

This is an Early Access game - it is in active development. Single Player Story Mode is being created. This game has only local multiplayer.

Full version of the game is planned to include:

12 fighting styles and even more characters (some base anims will be shared)
12 arenas
original soundtrack (5 songs are already in the game!)
6 AI modes
cinematic story mode (full cutscenes)
combat with multiple enemies
different clothes for characters to choose from
Parsec integration for online multiplayer
Sparring mode with training weapons

https://store.steampowered.com/app/.../Hellish_Quart/

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 4th, 2021 10:00 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Apparently it's inspired by Bushido Blade.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2021 10:02 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Apparently, they only put any real work into the sabre so far, but I'm keeping my eye on it, if it gets a longsword update I might have to pick it up.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 02:16 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Apparently, they only put any real work into the sabre so far, but I'm keeping my eye on it, if it gets a longsword update I might have to pick it up.
If this looks interesting to ya, you should also try Exanima. Physics-based Dark Souls, very fun.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 02:29 AM
StyleTime

I saw something about this a few days ago. Definitely interesting.

Bushido Blade was one of the few fighting games to experiment with removing life bars entirely. It's a shame really, as I feel like that wasn't explored enough. We've seen instant kills in stuff like Guilty Gear, but it's not really a viable tactic. In Bushido Blade, you could legit slip up and die in one blow.

There's been a few indie attempts, but I don't know how many ever even get out of the alpha phase. Die By The Blade is supposedly coming along. Maybe that or Hellish Quart can make something happen.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 5th, 2021 at 06:33 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 06:21 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
I saw something about this a few days ago. Definitely interesting.

Bushido Blade was one of the few fighting games to experiment with removing life bars entirely. It's a shame really, as I feel like that wasn't explored enough. We've seen instant kills in stuff like Guilty Gear, but it's not really a viable tactic. In Bushido Blade, you could legit slip up and die in one blow.

There's been a few indie attempts, but I don't know how many ever even get out of the alpha phase. Die By The Blade is supposedly coming along. Maybe that or Hellish Quart can make something happen.

That Deadliest Warriors video game had a one-hit kill system, but not a lot of people liked it. I thought it was fine.

There's also Blade Symphony:

AKA - Do cool shit, the game.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2021 09:26 AM