KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown

rumors it could be part of the PS Plus games for next month

Old Post May 26th, 2021 04:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

No longer a rumor, It's been confirmed to be part of next month's PS Plus gams line up.

Old Post May 27th, 2021 02:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Good to see the series come back in some way.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 04:52 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Tekken director Harada has challenged them to make a 6th game

https://kotaku.com/tekken-director-...make-1847021128

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 06:13 AM
StyleTime

Harada is awesome, and I love his outlook here and friendly challenge. You can tell it's because he respects Virtua Fighter a lot, and it's a series that inspired many fighting game developers. So far, Virtua Fighter has only really been kept alive by Dead or Alive, in the form of guest characters.

The 3D fighting genre owes an awful lot to Virtua Fighter, and even 2D fighters have borrowed from it. It's hard to understate how influential the series was.

Even Street Fighter's(formerly) Yoshinori Ono said "It's no exaggeration to say that VF is the game by which all fighting games are measured."

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 7th, 2021 at 07:21 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 07:10 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Always preferred VF over Tekken, never understood why it wasn't more popular. VF4 Evo's virtual arcade tour was such a good single player experience.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 05:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

VF was the first fighting game I owned. I have become more into Tekken, Soul Calibur, and DOA over the years, but I do wish VF was more popular.

I think it's decline had multiple factors affecting it, so I can't really say why it isn't.

Ono did hightlight something else from that interview about tho--"Sometimes in Capcom games you can get away with button mashing, but in VF that will get you absolutely nowhere."

I do wonder if the perception of VF being "too" complex hurt it, at least competitively? Or maybe the gaps between releases meant the fans moved on to other titles.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 8th, 2021 at 04:02 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 03:53 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been trying out the various character's, Starting to like Lau Chan & Sarah.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 05:09 AM
StyleTime

I got some ranked matches in with Brad and Eileen. Screwed around a bit with some other characters in training mode.

Lots of newer folks have started playing, so it's easy to find matches around your skill level currently. That's a plus.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 11:55 AM
cdtm

NO QUEST MODE!

Screw that noise. Guess I'm gonna have to scratch that noatalgic itch by booting up arcade quest mode with the game I got.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 12:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Even worse, no special sparring mode.

VF4 Evo's quest mode was better then 5, but the SS mode made up for it.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 09:24 PM
StyleTime

ThatBlastedSalami, a big Tekken streamer gives his thoughts on VF5 Ultimate.

https://youtu.be/gKHhJj4KEHM

And another where he just trolls with Jacky lol

https://youtu.be/CeKXDYObGTY

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 9th, 2021 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 08:06 PM
StyleTime

MainManSWE also trolling lol

https://youtu.be/aqIfx46Dz-A

Old Post Jun 9th, 2021 08:22 PM