KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metroid Dread

Metroid Dread
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Metroid Dread

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 12:42 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I was thinking about posting this.

Glad we finally get to continue the story after Fusion. We've gotten the remakes out of the way, and they were great, along with the Prime sub-series and Other M, but now it's time to see what Samus is up to currently. thumb up

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 16th, 2021 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 12:55 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Probably gonna get it. Samus Returns was very fun but a bit repetitive IMO, hoping this game has a lot of unique and diverse bosses.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 04:52 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I mean as a remake, Samus Returns was all about enemy familiarity but with new spins; the original game it was based on was also repetitive, so some redundancy couldnt be helped.

This game however doesnt seem to have any recognizable enemies from previous games whatsoever. Am liking all the new enemy designs which is a nice change of pace after the game prior, Ridley or no Ridley.

Glad that Metroid Prime 4 is still coming too which they reassured, but have been over it since have been getting nothing from it after a few years. What a mess, a mistimed reveal. It makes Dread that much more appreciated.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 06:29 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I mean as a remake, Samus Returns was all about enemy familiarity but with new spins; the original game it was based on was also repetitive, so some redundancy couldnt be helped.

This game however doesnt seem to have any recognizable enemies from previous games whatsoever. Am liking all the new enemy designs which is a nice change of pace after the game prior, Ridley or no Ridley.

Glad that Metroid Prime 4 is still coming too which they reassured, but have been over it since have been getting nothing from it after a few years. What a mess, a mistimed reveal. It makes Dread that much more appreciated.
I mean Metroid Prime 4 also scrapped a complete year of development time and gave it back to Retro Studios, but still even then it's been awhile since we've seen shit for that, and also Bayonetta 3.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 06:48 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

True. The pandemic no doubt slowed down the development of all things being worked on too, but doesn't help that Nintendo forces Retro to be radio silent with MP4 or anything they work on, even though they're letting MercurySteam be open about Dread's history here... Hopefully we should similarly get some transparency for Prime 4 by 11th hour, but all the quietness can get annoying with how long it's been. Same with Bayonetta 3.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 07:02 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The robot at the start that chases Samus from the trailer, Reminded me of Dog from Half-Life 2.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 07:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Dude, I can't wait for this. Love Metroid, and it's been so long

PWNT

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 04:02 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

This was the obvious highlight of E3. There were rumors for Dread like 15 years ago. Amazing that it is actually coming out.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2021 05:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

I'm watching the Treehouse, and it looks good.

Can't wait to get it.

Still want Prime 4 as well.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2021 02:16 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X

Looks like a cheap indie game wtf laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2021 04:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

cdtm is just a Nintendo hater.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2021 04:57 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s making me want to get a switch just so I can play this game. I ****ing love Metroid!

My idea is she turns into a Metroid putting an amazing twist on the saga.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2021 02:32 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That would be funny. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2021 02:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another theory I have is a spaceship battle, but that would make more sense with Prime 4

Old Post Jun 27th, 2021 05:31 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Glad to see you love Metroid too Blake.

I loved Fusion on the GBA.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2021 06:36 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Blakemore
It’s making me want to get a switch just so I can play this game. I ****ing love Metroid!

My idea is she turns into a Metroid putting an amazing twist on the saga.

Dude lmfao! Samus was just a Metroid all along. thumb up

Originally posted by Klaw

Fusion was great, and I think it was a great decision to pick up after the events of that game.

Even though it's older than the last several Metroid or Prime titles, it's chronologically the most recent game on the in-universe timeline. It's allowing them to explore some new ideas, since they aren't bound to older stuff quite as much. I like this new Robot enemy. It seems like an evolution of the SA-X.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2021 08:39 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Klaw

I started with the prime series. 1 seemed like an epic adventure, 2 was a quest and at times, hard as **** and 3 felt like an epic intergalactic mission. I remember replaying it at university with the wii-mote and nunchuck ripping off shield with the lasso, zip lining in sky town whilst shooting things. I felt like a ****ing badass!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2021 06:56 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

There’s so much more I could say but I remember my friends walking in whilst I was playing it and thought it looked awesome. They were more into fifa and doa. Dumb shits wouldn’t know a good game if they saw one.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2021 07:02 AM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Metroid games are just great overall.

I prefer them to Zelda games.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 12:30 PM