KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best From Software Game

Favourite from software game
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dark souls 1 20.00%
Dark souls 2 0 0%
Dark souls 3 0 0%
Demons Souls 0 0%
Bloodborne 3 60.00%
Sekiro 1 20.00%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best From Software Game
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

Best From Software Game

Very difficult to choose! And difficult to rate in order as i don't find any of them a bad game

Even dark souls 2 which i hated at first is now one of my all time favorites

Also tell me your toughest and favorite boss

My order:

Dark souls A little bit flawed in parts and some parts of the game seemed unfinished but this was my first ever From software game. If i hadn't of played this first it may of been down the list slightly. But the magic of this game will never leave me

Favorite boss: Black Dragon Kalameet
Toughest boss: Ornstein and smough

Bloodborne Awesome game. Oozes atmosphere and very Lovecraftian in its lore. Fantastic boss fights and some of the toughest in the series

Favorite boss: Ludwig
Toughest bossbig grinefiled amygdala/ Orphan of kos

Dark Souls 3 They perfected the game here. Very polished with great bossfights.

Favorite boss:Nameless king
Toughest boss messedister Friede & Father Ariandel

Dark souls 2 Hated it at first but then after playing 'Scholar of the first sin' i really started enjoying it. Great replay-ability, loved the adaptability stat. Arguably the best PVP in the souls games. And loved the DLC bosses.

Favourite boss: Fume Knight
Hardest Boss: Lud and zallen

Demons souls Where it all began. So atmospheric .

Favourite boss: Flamelurker
Hardest boss: Flamelurker!

Sekiro Doesn't deserve to be last. I love this game.

Very difficult to rank the bosses because they was all challenging and amazing

Favorite boss: Genichiro Ashina ( This boss was the one that makes or breaks you
Hardest boss: Isshin ashina

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 10:30 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Dark Souls is the only one I've beaten... so that, lol. I'm just not a huge fan of ultra-hard games. Or "you will die over and over again"-type games.

I enjoyed my time with Dark Souls thoroughly and played the fi-nuck out of it during my playthrough, discovered a lot of the secrets, beat every single boss (optional or otherwise), got a bunch of gear, including some rare stuff like the mimic head (forget it's name.)

The euphoria when you beat a boss is great, but before that it's just slog after slog IMO. It's not like that for a lot of the time, but when you get through a slog just to get to another bullshit boss, it takes it's toll on you.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 10:41 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

I have never found these games that hard if you are cautious and take your time they are pretty straightforward. It's rushing and impatience that gets you killed on this game. Bosses are amazing though and I agree the sense of euphoria after beating them feels fantastic.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 11:06 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Armored Core.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 11:15 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Never played that one

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 11:45 PM
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
Never played that one

Best mech combat series ever made. Tinkerers can play for hours simply swapping out all the parts, like two legged, four legged, reverse joint, and treaded legs, automatic gun arms, swords, heat sinks, targeting systems, you name it.

Then you can take the mech into arenas full of rogue mechs, turrets, flying machines...

Later games added a 1vs1 arena mode, which can get insanely difficult. And the competitive scene considers even the hardest AI child's play, they can be as bad as the fighting game community with their tactics and skill ceiling.

One of two of the games even had a neat thing with learning AI, where you teach them how to play by recording your style. Was pretty innovative for PS1/PS2 era stuff.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 01:06 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Bloodborne. Hands down.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 05:34 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems like we're only sticking with their Souls games.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 06:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

You can name others feel free

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 08:34 AM
Jmanghan

Deano, if you like Dark Souls I'd recommend checking out Dragon's Dogma, it's like Dark Souls, except the combat is way faster:

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 10:23 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The first half of Dark Souls was downright magical, but with how it falters towards the end, I find it hard to justify ranking it above Bloodborne overall.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Deano, if you like Dark Souls I'd recommend checking out Dragon's Dogma, it's like Dark Souls, except the combat is way faster:

Who needs DD when Elden Ring is right around the corner? eek!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 11:13 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Played that before its a good game

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The first half of Dark Souls was downright magical, but with how it falters towards the end, I find it hard to justify ranking it above Bloodborne overall.

I agree. It just has a special place in my heart because it was the first from game i had played

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 11:38 AM
cdtm

Looks like more Souls or even Nioh with monsters.

I want to run around like an anime character while pawns randomly nuke the arena to kill a single goblin.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 02:05 PM
Jmanghan

Elden Ring hardly has the speed of DD :/, I mean we dunno yet but based on the gameplay we've seen it's nowhere near as over-the-top.

DD has more in common with Sekiro than Elden Ring, imo.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2021 03:18 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm not sure how you can look at Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma and conclude that "speed" is the main difference between the two...

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 12:49 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'm not sure how you can look at Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma and conclude that "speed" is the main difference between the two...
No I'm not saying that, I am saying that I personally prefer the combat style that comes with DD over Souls.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 01:11 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

No I'm not saying that, I am saying that I personally prefer the combat style that comes with DD over Souls.

Uh... well, no...? confused

Yeah, no. erm

I mean, I don't doubt that that's true, but it's just not what you were saying.

Dragon's Dogma, it's like Dark Souls, except the combat is way faster

Elden Ring hardly has the speed of DD (...) DD has more in common with Sekiro than Elden Ring, imo.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 04:51 AM
Jmanghan

Uh... well, no...? confused

Yeah, no. erm

I mean, I don't doubt that that's true, but it's just not what you were saying.
Fair enough, I'm simply saying DD is a bit "faster", especially if playing Ranger.

I never said it was their main difference.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 02:21 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I really enjoyed Bloodbourne and was having fun with the demon's souls remake earlier this year. Never really have been able to get into any of the other games.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2021 11:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

You should enjoy Dark Souls 3

Old Post Nov 24th, 2021 10:24 PM