KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon's Dogma 2

Dragon's Dogma 2
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Dragon's Dogma 2

IT'S COMING, WAS ANNOUNCED IN THE STREAM!!!

YESSSSS!!!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jun 16th, 2022 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 10:15 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The wind is pushing me!

Well that's a bit of a shock. All the DD fans were getting hyped for this stream, but I figured it was just yet another disappointment. Looking forward to this.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 10:22 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Jesus, FINALLY!

PWNT

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 10:41 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
The wind is pushing me!

Well that's a bit of a shock. All the DD fans were getting hyped for this stream, but I figured it was just yet another disappointment. Looking forward to this.
What changes do you want in the sequel? For me just a few things: Bigger, more varied open-world, if they're gonna have one it should be a worthwhile one, and in the current one you mostly just... fight shit.

Fix the stamina system, give us a true fast-travel system.

Random, dynamic encounters in said open-world. A dialogue system?

Fixing the pawns so that they don't "migrate" to new inclinations.

Finally, gives us more classes, more skills, make the story a lot better but keep the same lore. Give us more role-playing options like instead of some crappy fishing village house we get buyable houses, etc.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2022 07:37 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Itsuno has been working on it since 2019 apparently, if not longer, and we only have a logo. You may think that's a bad thing, but I find it to be a VERY good thing. This game needs a LOT of time in the oven.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2022 08:50 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Jmanghan
What changes do you want in the sequel? For me just a few things: Bigger, more varied open-world, if they're gonna have one it should be a worthwhile one, and in the current one you mostly just... fight shit.

Fix the stamina system, give us a true fast-travel system.

Random, dynamic encounters in said open-world. A dialogue system?

Fixing the pawns so that they don't "migrate" to new inclinations.

Finally, gives us more classes, more skills, make the story a lot better but keep the same lore. Give us more role-playing options like instead of some crappy fishing village house we get buyable houses, etc.

I agree with pretty much all you've listed.

I'd also like a better inventory system, as the one in game is just tedious. Also reduce the amount of trash material.
I found the climbing mechanics to often be rather finicky and I'd like that to be improved as it was one of my favorite aspects of the game but could work so much better.
Allow for multiple saves and have more frequent checkpoints.
A more interesting world. It's looks and feels very drab. I'd like more richness, depth and personality for the various locations, towns, and NPCs.
And finally fix the damage calculation system, skill should be able to overcome stat disparity.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2022 03:34 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
I agree with pretty much all you've listed.

I'd also like a better inventory system, as the one in game is just tedious. Also reduce the amount of trash material.
I found the climbing mechanics to often be rather finicky and I'd like that to be improved as it was one of my favorite aspects of the game but could work so much better.
Allow for multiple saves and have more frequent checkpoints.
A more interesting world. It's looks and feels very drab. I'd like more richness, depth and personality for the various locations, towns, and NPCs.
And finally fix the damage calculation system, skill should be able to overcome stat disparity.
I agree that it's objectively unfair that if you're outskilling a monster and been fighting it for 2 hours that you should have the right to kill it, so the damage calculation is bad.

However I do think it's pretty damn immersive that the game is like "nah man, learn the weaknesses AND the weakpoints, then maybe just maybe you'll be able to kill this big-ass creature."

I'm not saying it's a good thing that the game decided to go this approach, I just think it's kind of bad-ass when you finally killed it and gives you a "Monster Hunter" feeling, you killed it because you learned it's weaknesses. You hired a pawn that gave you an ice enchantment, or fire, or you climbed to it's eyes or wings and slashed away at it for higher damage.

Also I remember you saying you thought other games did magic a lot better then this one, if you don't mind could you name a few? I am curious because up till now I genuinely believed this game had one of the best magic systems... ever, and it's because of the power you wield with spells though I know quite a massive amount of people got turned off to magic because of the sheer time it took to cast them, no matter how powerful.

Also I enjoyed the upgrade system, and most of the materials have some use in the game. When you're drenched, use a clean cloth to wipe yourself down and get dry, if you have a skull, throw it to curse an enemy.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jun 18th, 2022 at 11:35 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2022 11:33 AM
NemeBro

I want to be able to rape my pawn

Old Post Jun 18th, 2022 06:37 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I wouldn't mind some form of PVP, but DD was never a game that looked like it lended itself well to PVP so meh.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2022 03:26 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
I want to be able to rape my pawn
Finally, a good fkn feature request. People ITT talking about trash like fast travel and saves smh

I want tiddy sliders for with pawn creation in addition to this

PWNT

Old Post Jul 31st, 2022 09:19 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I think they should change the healing system, the way Dogma's worked is fine, and it doesn't have to be like Souls, where you pop a flask and then get interrupted by an attack...

But at the very least it could be like Skyrim's, where health returns gradually iirc, it's not instantaneous, and you can still die from a dragon's breath quickly if you're not careful or didn't heal enough.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2022 04:07 AM
Jmanghan

Trailer is here!!!!!

Old Post May 25th, 2023 02:43 AM
Jmanghan

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2023 04:04 PM
cdtm

It is kind of funny how there is a buff for going pawnless; yet no mechanic for dismissing pawns aside from throwing them in the water.

They should add something more intuitive, not everyone would even think of getting rid of them that way.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2023 05:52 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
It is kind of funny how there is a buff for going pawnless; yet no mechanic for dismissing pawns aside from throwing them in the water.

They should add something more intuitive, not everyone would even think of getting rid of them that way.
Agreed.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2023 09:51 PM
Jmanghan

New gameplay trailer.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2023 09:20 AM
Jmanghan

Coming March 22nd, 2024.

There's a way longer showcase going on but basically there's also elves in the game? Hoping to actually have them as a class, but seeing as there aren't many elves in the game period it's unlikely. The elf language is kinda weird though.

Warrior looks awesome, no longer can you just climb, there's now fully functional mechanics for walking on monsters similar to Shadow of the Colossus and a big Shadow of the Colossus-type boss fight where you fight a MASSIVE monster and have to attack the monster's weak points (hoping there's more of them in the game.)

Mystic Knight is gone, Assassin is gone. No half-bow half-dagger class like in the first game at all. This sucks but they'll likely add them back in some "legacy class" DLC pack or something. People keep complaining about how little classes were shown but I have a feeling there's long-term DLC planned that will drip-feed us classes over time.

There's speculation that layered armor is now gone, so no more clothing then armor on top of it.

There's a support class called "Trickster" for buffing pawns and conjuring illusions.

If they get this right and smooth out the damage calculation, fast-travel and etc this could be one of the best RPG's of all time.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2023 03:42 AM