KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?
Started by: vaya_the_elf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

I was just wondering if you could make any book that you have read into a movie which one would you chose?
Here are mine.. Dragonlance, dark angle, the phatom tollbooth

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 02:06 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

alien Probably the Wheel of time series because it has a great story line great characters that you want to want to love or hate, and if they did make a movie of it then i hope Peter jackson does them because he did the lord of the rings movies pretty well.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 10:40 AM
kanis is currently offline Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Peter Jackson is just great... I would want him to do dragonlance
I just thought of another book that would be cool as a movie... the last hero by Terry Pratchett
I have not read the wheel of time series yet, but I have know some people that did read it.. Have you read all of the wheel of time series?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 04:18 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Weaveworld by Clive Barker

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 05:09 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

Midnight Predaotr

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 05:19 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Hm...ender's game, it's a good one. Also the tomb by f paul wilson, but i just noticed they are already making one, so lol.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 05:42 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

what's The Tomb about?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 06:10 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

Survivor - Chuck Palanhiuk

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 10:58 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Re: If you could Make a book into a movie, which one would it be?

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
the phantom tollbooth

phantom tollbooth movie

And a jolly fine little movie it is. (Great book also.)

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:22 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

Wow! I did not even know that. Guess I will have to see it.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:34 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

it goes from film to animation and back... it's very charming.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:51 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

i would say the Pendragon Series by D.J.MacHale although those books are getting popular so maybe there will be movies in the fiture about them

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 12:24 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

Enders Game smile

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 03:05 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bookworm
Flying Free

Agreed, hotsauce, Pendragon series, but it would PROBABLY take longer to make than the harry potter movies because one, it's long, and 2, the flumes and as in Veelox and book 4, the lifelight. But if they're gonna make the pendragon movies, I want the full thing down to the last comma, not like the hp things where they skip everything.

If you don't like what you see, then I dont think you can handle me!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 01:08 PM
Bookworm is currently offline Click here to Send Bookworm a Private Message Find more posts by Bookworm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mexican soil

By the cohn brothers

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 09:51 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fay Lupin
Daughter of dragons

Either Winter of Fire or Secret Sacrament, both by Sherry Jordan.

DMAG love I love Dom and Billy

My Harry Potter fanfictions Please review if you read them! If you don't, I'll know! And I'll hunt you down and force a review out of you!! big grin

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 05:24 PM
Fay Lupin is currently offline Click here to Send Fay Lupin a Private Message Find more posts by Fay Lupin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chuck Palanhiuk- for the person who mentioned this author, a few of his books are getting made into film, I know Choke is, and I'm pretty sure Lullaby is too.

As for a book, I want to see Bitten by Kelley Armstrong made into a film.

Oh ahh, but it is. smile it was said that Angelina Jolie was going to take the role, but its just disappeared.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 05:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

V for Vendetta, but only if its done properly, not turned into some Hollywood mess... also Watchmen, under the same proviso.... How about the Earthsea books...? Or the three witches books of Terry Pratchett.....

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 11:28 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I love Terry Pratchett, and earthsea I heard was good. Earthsea is on my reading list.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 01:16 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have never read one of Pratchetts books, I keep meaning to but never get around to it.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 03:48 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote