KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Their Eyes Were Watching God

Their Eyes Were Watching God
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Their Eyes Were Watching God

I had to read this lame book for school and I was wondering if anyone else had done the same.

I realize there is a book discussion forum, but I really wanted to post it here.

Anyway, does anyone have any views on the book? wink

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:02 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Just because you want to post something here, doesn't mean its right to do it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:04 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I know, but basically, I have an assignment to do and the teacher said that if you can come up with something completely unique as PART of your project, then you will get awarded extra points...

So... basically I just wanted some quick takes on the book so I may show my teacher the unique idea of getting forum members to discuss the book.

I don't expect many people to take this seriously, but if they do, it would be much appreciated. If not, it will still be funny to show my teacher.

So just, cut me some slack and ease up.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:07 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Could someone at least pretend they read the book and give some sort of commentary?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:47 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Could someone at least pretend they read the book and give some sort of commentary?

That book sucked horribly, the characters had no emotion in them and the storyline was filled with plot holes that just dragged the whole book down. I mean come on, that whole chapter where the birds flew into the wall for no reason...wtf was that? This book should be burned, then pissed on, then lit on fire again just to make sure no one can ever read it. Ever.

Disclaimer: Röland has never read the book and his views do not have to make sense of what was actually in the book.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:50 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mywi
healed ninja.

your sig is too big and that´s not fair

You've got so many machines, Richard. Go on, give us a snare rush!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:54 AM
Mywi is currently offline Click here to Send Mywi a Private Message Find more posts by Mywi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Röland
That book sucked horribly, the characters had no emotion in them and the storyline was filled with plot holes that just dragged the whole book down. I mean come on, that whole chapter where the birds flew into the wall for no reason...wtf was that? This book should be burned, then pissed on, then lit on fire again just to make sure no one can ever read it. Ever.

Disclaimer: Röland has never read the book and his views do not have to make sense of what was actually in the book.

laughing out loud

Good stuff.

Any more opinions?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 05:01 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

laughing out loud

Good stuff.

Any more opinions?
I firmly believe that the characters, the plot, and the book itself belong in the Book Discussion Forum. And I'll stand by that

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 08:18 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hax42
Restricted

Account Restricted

never heard of it beforeconfused

~dur[~ ~durfist~ ~herbjam~

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 08:24 AM
Hax42 is currently offline Click here to Send Hax42 a Private Message Find more posts by Hax42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I know, but basically, I have an assignment to do and the teacher said that if you can come up with something completely unique as PART of your project, then you will get awarded extra points...

So... basically I just wanted some quick takes on the book so I may show my teacher the unique idea of getting forum members to discuss the book.

I don't expect many people to take this seriously, but if they do, it would be much appreciated. If not, it will still be funny to show my teacher.

So just, cut me some slack and ease up.

Why? Because it's Black History Month?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 10:44 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

For the record, this book was shit.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 12:45 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote