KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Book recommendations

Book recommendations
Started by: thanos-prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
thanos-prime

Book recommendations

I'm looking for Fantasy books about characters learning magic. A small cast preferably i.e. not a giant school like harry potter.

Signature by Willrules

Old Post Dec 21st, 2013 08:50 AM
thanos-prime is currently offline Click here to Send thanos-prime a Private Message Find more posts by thanos-prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkestSonata
Baby Punter

The cast may be a little large for what your looking for, but The Kingkiller Chronicles(book one is the name of the wind) by Patrick Rothfuss are outstanding.

If your looking for lighter reading, both the heir chronicles and the seven realms series by Cinda Williams Chima are good. Both of them get into the study of magic in the second books.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 08:07 AM
DarkestSonata is currently offline Click here to Send DarkestSonata a Private Message Find more posts by DarkestSonata Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdamHynes

Hello, during a pandemic, it is better to stay at home if possible, work online, study, read books. I recommend to you a resource that I have tried and tested by my own experience, which I often use studydriver.com/the-secret-life-of-bees-essay/ with a review of a very interesting book The Secret Life of Bees in essays, go over and study the materials offered to your attention, there are many comparisons, revealing the essence of individual moments, you should like it.

Last edited by AdamHynes on Nov 6th, 2020 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 04:04 PM
AdamHynes is currently offline Click here to Send AdamHynes a Private Message Find more posts by AdamHynes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werces
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read several books, but The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck and The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien I read these books recently and I can recommend them, they are very good books. The books broaden my knowledge, I discover more from each book I read. I have already made a list of books to be read, of course, I take into account your recommendations.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 11:02 PM
Werces is currently offline Click here to Send Werces a Private Message Find more posts by Werces Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I haven't read them but have a friend who has recommended a couple of series' that seem to be close to what you want.

The Night Angel trilogy, which is about an assassin that can use magic.

The Old Kingdom series, which stars a few different characters across the books, all young and can use magic, fighting against Necromancy and stuff. It's also by Garth Nix, a pretty famous author.

EDIT - Thought this thread was made this December, just realized it's from 2013 lol....

Hope you found a series you liked, bro. laughing out loud

Last edited by Trocity on Dec 27th, 2020 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 12:29 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
adamgreen
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks for the information! thanks for the information! I can advise you to check out https://www.essaywritinglab.co.uk/assignment/ , an online service for buying essays and any other written work. I completely trust them to write all the written works that are asked by the teachers from the college and have never regretted - everything on time without plagiarism and using real sources

Last edited by adamgreen on Nov 11th, 2021 at 12:36 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2021 12:31 PM
adamgreen is currently offline Click here to Send adamgreen a Private Message Find more posts by adamgreen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sueambrose121

Pet cemetery

Old Post Dec 1st, 2021 04:46 PM
sueambrose121 is currently offline Click here to Send sueambrose121 a Private Message Find more posts by sueambrose121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote