KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Need some comic book ideas!

Need some comic book ideas!
Started by: MartialArtKick!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MartialArtKick!
I AM THE MASTER!!!

Need some comic book ideas!

I need help with my new comic book. I desperately need some cool character ideas...great backgrounds...some cool cloths and hair styles...a PLOT...

OK, I LIED!!!! if anyone thinks of ANYTHING, please respond and give me some ideas. and i promise, when i become extremely famous and rich, i will make sure to say that i owe a little portion of my sucess to you.

i really want to do something comical, and with lots and lots of martial arts fighting...and some kind of curse or spell or something. thats cool. also, id like it to be in modern day times. send me your ideas...PLEASE!
im desperate!!!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:22 PM
MartialArtKick! is currently offline Click here to Send MartialArtKick! a Private Message Find more posts by MartialArtKick! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freddy Lover
Speachless

Don't feel bad. . .you should do it on your own, i've asked people here to help me out and they gave me lousy advice. So far, I'm doing good with my comic book! At least that's what my teachers and friends say, I don't know what the people on this site would say.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:30 PM
Freddy Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Freddy Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Freddy Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MartialArtKick!
I AM THE MASTER!!!

you don't know...i am the worlds suckyest writer EVER. plus, all of my friends are morons and my teachers are insane and senile. the way i see it, im totally screwed on this one here.

one of my teachers, whom i have only had her class for this semester, thought my name was josh for 8 weeks, even when i told her it wasnt. my name is jordan, by the way. soon after my dad and i went to tell her strait, my name quickly changed to greg! i still don't know how 'greg' sounds remotely similiar to 'jordan', but this is one of the many things that prove that my school is actually a nut-house desquised as a high school. What the f**k?

thanks for your advice though.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 07:25 PM
MartialArtKick! is currently offline Click here to Send MartialArtKick! a Private Message Find more posts by MartialArtKick! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grade 3 ol
Bordom Blabberer

ooo... a nut house school! coool!

n.n.way! I also think you should come up with your own ideas. look at the world around you. anywhere could be inspirational! all ya gotta do is think outside of the box... i like aliens personally

and what that has to do with anything... well... nothing! but you get my point dont ya?

Old Post May 9th, 2005 10:50 PM
grade 3 ol is currently offline Click here to Send grade 3 ol a Private Message Find more posts by grade 3 ol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
burdinew

comic book ideas

hey i was just passing along and found that you need ideas for comics and it so happens that i have plenty,a book full actually. At the moment i don't have an idea that is to your previous subject but i do have a old idea of mine that i don't have use for and it involves possessed pistols and a devil hunter. one good one evil,you can have a lot of fun with this one.the character could be male or female and also you could give the character off the wall gun tricks and lastly think of magical pistols and scary transformations.

-Burdinew-

Old Post May 30th, 2005 01:47 AM
burdinew is currently offline Click here to Send burdinew a Private Message Find more posts by burdinew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beastnpyro

this is cool... i havent been in kmc for ages.... anyway... i was just browsin around and saw this... i can help show u a few of my characters. i draw them so that i could make a comic book my self but i kinda got lazy and got busy with other things. theyre meant to be assassins

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:53 AM
beastnpyro is currently offline Click here to Send beastnpyro a Private Message Find more posts by beastnpyro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beastnpyro

its 6 months old

name:desdemona (spanishembarrasmentf the devil)

name:nickolaus ("nick" in the dictionary is sumfin evil..blah blah)

theyre not that good... i know

these characters are pretty old... and i kinda dont want them anymore so yeah.. you can have them both... i have other ones (the other members of the team) if u want them just email me. big grin
[email protected]

Attachment: assassins2.jpg
This has been downloaded 400 time(s).

Last edited by beastnpyro on Jun 4th, 2005 at 12:04 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 12:02 PM
beastnpyro is currently offline Click here to Send beastnpyro a Private Message Find more posts by beastnpyro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Ive got some Ideas but want to use em myself when I ever get time.

Sorry

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:07 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

I'm thinking about a comic book idea myself for ages aswell. Originality is quite the challenge with so many good comics around...
My thought concerning characters is that they first of all need personality and appeal to the readers as intended. Looks and abilities follow after that.
You need a well thought off character in a situation that makes readers very curious about what the hell is gonna happen next.
Think about just why your characters are as they are, make a background story on them to give yourself clues how to let them develop.
And very important on the personality issue, strengths are important, but weaknesses can provide even more good material for a story. Cause where is the fun in a comic about a almighty whatever since he will be still standing at the end of each book? Give them challenges, make em cry and put them in situations people can relate to.
For design, it depends on the style and sort of world you are using, like sort of realistic to big time fantasy. Again, don't focus on your inspirations, just adapt them. We've seen the huge trashing hulks, sexy armored manga-chicks, try something a little different. Mix up stuff from different ages, and give thought to why a character looks like he does, has clothing/armor/ weapons like he does and consult your background story on them for how they got all that. It will most likely make you come up with lost of new scenarios, links and plots.
Just my thoughts

Last edited by Pandemoniac on Jun 22nd, 2005 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 03:22 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: Need some comic book ideas!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MartialArtKick!
I need help with my new comic book. I desperately need some cool character ideas...great backgrounds...some cool cloths and hair styles...a PLOT...

OK, I LIED!!!! if anyone thinks of ANYTHING, please respond and give me some ideas. and i promise, when i become extremely famous and rich, i will make sure to say that i owe a little portion of my sucess to you.

i really want to do something comical, and with lots and lots of martial arts fighting...and some kind of curse or spell or something. thats cool. also, id like it to be in modern day times. send me your ideas...PLEASE!
im desperate!!!
lol.. you'll owe a "Little" portion of your success for using someone elses ideas? sounds like bullshit to me... sorry for being realistic

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 01:29 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Meh, I write stories, not create comics, so I can't really help you out. However, I am interested in your... well... interest in comic books. I might be able to come up with something you might like as a plot. Anything other than martial arts? What genre? Sci-Fi? Fantasy? Realistic fiction?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 01:24 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rockafromhell

what i usually do when makin a comic like you can make it with your own kinda idea but usually i make like sya theres halo2 make a comic bookof halo 3 or like mortal combat prison of hell make sumpin up but its good for like if your first doin one then after do a couple of those u will start thinkin of characters like cuz when copyin off sumpin u already hav chars juss need story so hlps u learn the story then build up ur own characters on wut the story is like

Attachment: bw9131.jpg
This has been downloaded 303 time(s).

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 05:53 PM
rockafromhell is currently offline Click here to Send rockafromhell a Private Message Find more posts by rockafromhell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
99%

This site has a weird way of showing comic strips
e-merl.com/ex/index.htm
its called hypercomics
maybe you get some original ideas from there

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 06:48 PM
99% is currently offline Click here to Send 99% a Private Message Find more posts by 99% Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Never posted here before, but I was looking through PR's sig gallery, and thought, hey, I'll look at the rest of the forums, and there was this I need soem comic book ideas, and I love comics, so I thought I'd stop by. So I did.

Anyways, the best thing you can do is quit reading comics. Read other literature and stories, and don't try to forge some immense epic story, just think of a few cool scenes--a car chase, or a fight with a little added flavor and fervor. Then think about the characters involved, think about how they got to that point, and what their motivation should be after that scene is completed, and slowly let it form into a story. That's how I do it, I don't web or outline or draft, whatever I write, I want it to be as much fun, and as much of a thrill ride for myself as for those whom I would have read it. I am not the artist, or the craftsman, I am the instrument through which this story is told, I am no more important than the pen, or the dictionary, or the thesaurus.

As for character designs--don't worry about it, just think of what's cool, or what's abstract. If it's modern day, and there's a curse and mystical stuff--some guy in a 1920's pinstripe gangster suit, with a sweet hat and a Thompson gun should fit perfectly! And you know why? Because he's not supposed to fit, because that look is so outdated it's almost become new and different and expressive.

If you try too hard to create, all your creations will suck, just chill out, and let it flow.

That's what I do anyways.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 04:31 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

What always works for me is to carry a small notepad around with me. When I get an idea, even if it sucks, I write it down. At the end of the day, I look at all of them and decide on ways that they could be improved. If I can't think of a way to improve them, I keep them in there and look at them the next day along with any new ones. Eventually, I stumble onto a great idea.
My story, "The Evangelist," started that way; as an idea I couldn't improve. It was actually going to be a lot different than it turned out to be.
That's just a suggestion, though. I can't really help you with characters or plot since I'm not good at plots myself, and I can only come up with characters if I have a plot. Anyways, good luck with yor comic.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 08:45 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LunaticHigh

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingDubya
What always works for me is to carry a small notepad around with me. When I get an idea, even if it sucks, I write it down. At the end of the day, I look at all of them and decide on ways that they could be improved. If I can't think of a way to improve them, I keep them in there and look at them the next day along with any new ones. Eventually, I stumble onto a great idea.

works for me, and i write films

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 12:38 PM
LunaticHigh is currently offline Click here to Send LunaticHigh a Private Message Find more posts by LunaticHigh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol but thats the thing.. the original poster wants 'you' to do it 'for him'.. meaning even though you're giving nice ideas on how to get a creative flow going.. this is still an advertisement to ask someone to 'give' him these things, without him having any part but getting finances out of it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Sep 19th, 2005 04:10 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LunaticHigh

good point.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2005 12:06 PM
LunaticHigh is currently offline Click here to Send LunaticHigh a Private Message Find more posts by LunaticHigh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RomeoTheKnight

Hey I got an idea since 1983

Not only it is a good idea but it is actually an epic type stroy.
Loads of possibiliteis adn ORIGINAL!
I thoguht of the characters (over 200 of them) when I was as yuoung as 12 years of age.
I am 37 now and see a NEED for the world i had created.
My characters have not changed much from their original concept and this is why I have thought recently to bring up my old sketches.

I personally do soem writing and illustrations but work mainly as a comp tech now.

I am looking for someone of pretty good penciling and a writer to talk over this idea with.
PLEASE be of a real mindsest as this is some thing we can really turn out.
I am a dedicated type person who works to complete projects.
I am planning to do atleast 2 issues as an intro for the purpose of selling.

Once you talk to me you will see (discloser form of course will have to be signed) this idea and these characters Ihave are totally marketable in every way. right down to Ceral and Pajamma bottems lol.

well I can not go into detail of course here so I await some call backs or email.
I am in Toronto Canada so it would be AWSOME to meet a fellow canadian comic person.

Of course in todays world it doesnt matter where you live as we have the net to utilize smile

Take care comic lovers!! and take note.. the only movies to come out worth seeing.. were COMIC movies !! WOOOT!

[email protected][/email]
[email][email protected] is MSN

thnks all!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 04:39 PM
RomeoTheKnight is currently offline Click here to Send RomeoTheKnight a Private Message Find more posts by RomeoTheKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lechuck99

uhh, martial arts and stuff? how about a ninja with two swords, and you can call him the praying mantis or something...i dunno...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2007 02:54 PM
lechuck99 is currently offline Click here to Send lechuck99 a Private Message Find more posts by lechuck99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote