KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC PREQUEL: Why make a Sequal when you can make a Prequel

POTC PREQUEL: Why make a Sequal when you can make a Prequel
Started by: «§hõnknêss»

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
«§hõnknêss»

POTC PREQUEL: Why make a Sequal when you can make a Prequel

^ Wat heading said!

Imagine it....Baby Pirates laughing Baby Sparrow, Baby Barbossa, Baby Jack da Munki eek!

Well I aint starting!!!! stick out tongue

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 08:49 AM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mådness
Teenage Ninja Pirate

...do you mean chibi, or just kids?

Insanity triumps over sanity...Mådness over reality...

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 11:59 AM
Mådness is currently offline Click here to Send Mådness a Private Message Find more posts by Mådness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

yeah but the thing is, as babies half of them wouldn't know each other ....

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 08:17 AM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PeAcHeSdApIrAtE
[({:.:*StAr2B*:.:})]

Yeah that would be cool...you know to tell about Elizabeth and Wills pastexperiences together...to tell about Jacks and Barbossas experiences, it would be too great!!!!THey should do it liek what they did with starwars, theyd make millions!

0oOo0:.:*A pIrAtEs LiFe 4 Me*:.:0oOo0

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 11:29 PM
PeAcHeSdApIrAtE is currently offline Click here to Send PeAcHeSdApIrAtE a Private Message Find more posts by PeAcHeSdApIrAtE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

i don't think they're gonna do it like wot they did with star wars i'm afraid
big grin ... besides then they'd have to find a young actor for Jack, and I think there would be MANY johnny fans who don't like that idea!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 09:39 AM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gauze

****ing stupid idea. Sorry, but it's true. GTFO.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 11:57 AM
Gauze is currently offline Click here to Send Gauze a Private Message Find more posts by Gauze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

hmm...why make a prequel when you can make a sequel?! fa dur dur
besides, the first 3 episodes of star wars were already written
and as far as i know, they havnt written a past for POTC confused

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Last edited by jessigem on May 20th, 2006 at 04:22 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2006 04:20 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gauze

George Lucas wrote Star Wars 1 - 3 before he made the movies, so they weren't planned out in the 70's or 80's, if you were thinking that. There were just basic facts that were known.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 04:24 PM
Gauze is currently offline Click here to Send Gauze a Private Message Find more posts by Gauze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
07'Pirate

Re: POTC PREQUEL: Why make a Sequal when you can make a Prequel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by «§hõnknêss»
^ Wat heading said!

Imagine it....Baby Pirates laughing Baby Sparrow, Baby Barbossa, Baby Jack da Munki eek!

Well I aint starting!!!! stick out tongue

They should do a prequel trilogy when this one is done...or do a new trilogy w/ new characters...but in the same POTC world..

"You like pain?...Try wearing a corset!"

-Elizabeth Swann

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 06:13 PM
07'Pirate is currently offline Click here to Send 07'Pirate a Private Message Find more posts by 07'Pirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

that would be stretching it too far and ppl would start to hate POTC because it will be yesterday's news.you have to draw a line somewhere.
they can't just drag this on forever.
even though us fans will always be there.

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 07:53 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
She's a pirate
Yarr....

I would love a prequel! But only about Jack's life. How he came to be and what he delt with life before Barbossa and stuff. I'm not really intrested in anyone else.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 08:04 PM
She's a pirate is currently offline Click here to Send She's a pirate a Private Message Find more posts by She's a pirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by JohnnyBloom
half of them wouldn't know each other ....

yes

Though, it'd be interesting to see Sparrow's Story. Will's would be dumb. Blacksmithing 101! roll eyes (sarcastic)

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 10:02 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain's Wench
Queen of da swashbucklers

awwww....I think it would be SO awesome to see them all in their teenage years or at least Jack in his tenage years!!

See how he became a pirate....kinda like the darth vader thing!! AWW how sexy!

www.myspace.com/ilovechristofer

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 02:44 AM
Captain's Wench is currently offline Click here to Send Captain's Wench a Private Message Find more posts by Captain's Wench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TXPyroTechie

Originally posted by She's a pirate
I would love a prequel! But only about Jack's life. How he came to be and what he delt with life before Barbossa and stuff. I'm not really intrested in anyone else.

Originally posted by jessigem
and as far as i know, they havnt written a past for POTC

I just finished reading the $3.95 book from Wal-Mart of POTC DMC.

After the last chapter of the story, where a certain Captain goes head-to-head with the beastie, there is a preview of a new book series coming out in May (yep, I know. Done past) about Jack Sparrow's life as a young boy growing up. Next time I can sit down long enough, I will log in the whole first chapter of "The Adventures of Young Jack Sparrow" for all to read for free!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 10:40 PM
TXPyroTechie is currently offline Click here to Send TXPyroTechie a Private Message Find more posts by TXPyroTechie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain's Wench
Queen of da swashbucklers

heyyy I saw that too!!! it looked like he was like 12 or 13 in the book

www.myspace.com/ilovechristofer

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 01:31 AM
Captain's Wench is currently offline Click here to Send Captain's Wench a Private Message Find more posts by Captain's Wench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mådness
Teenage Ninja Pirate

Hmm...my Role Playing Senses are a tingling... shifty

Insanity triumps over sanity...Mådness over reality...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 12:07 PM
Mådness is currently offline Click here to Send Mådness a Private Message Find more posts by Mådness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

yeah, if we did rp on his past, we could make it as funny and stupid and ridiculous as we wanted it to be. Or we could start out with the first chapter and go on from there. In the end, we'll probably have nothing right, but it'll be interesting. happy

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 05:23 PM