KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » filming postponed

filming postponed
Started by: JohnnyBloom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

filming postponed

hey,
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this page has said that the filming for the Bahamas is going to post-poned.
you can believe it as just rumours if you want, but sites everywhere are saying it, and the official potc phone in hotline has issued a message saying that it's been confirmed. the hurricane season has kicked in, and apparently they've had to postpone for safety reasons. from what i've heard, they won't start filming again until september at the earliest.
they're considering giong to film some studio work in LA for a few months, but that part's just rumours and i don't know how true it is. hopefully they canuse this spare time wisely and sort out some other things to be doing.

here's a bit of a post i got of the JDZ,

quote:
But hopefully, since they have so much still to shoot, they will be able to "run between the raindrops" in the best Captain Jack fashion, and mix up the order of production to be able to use the time productively. If the problem in the Bahamas is that "the world's largest water tank" isn't done, or that the rest of the studio isn't ready, they may be able to shift some of that back to LA. The Pirates of San Pedro return. I bet there are plenty of people on Bruckheimer's staff sitting up all night working the phones and squinting at schedules and long-range weather forecasts. We will hope all works out for the best.

I know many Zoners would be ready to welcome Johnny & the POTC crew back to LA with open arms, if they have to spend a bit of the summer in our neck of the woods.

I hope we hear something definite soon. This will be a big story in the trades, since the POTC sequels were the biggest-budget movies this year. And Disney will probably have to release a statement to the press if they are shifting filming away from the Bahamas, just as rumor control.

it's a bummer and it means that the release date will be later, but safety first eh??

keep a good thought for our pirate crews guys!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:12 AM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXLauriëXx
Angel

*sigh*

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:13 AM
xXLauriëXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXLauriëXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXLauriëXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

chin up, it's only weather - at least they havn't cancelled filming entirely for ever!!!

*cringes at the thought*

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 11:15 AM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXLauriëXx
Angel

don't ... even.... say such things
stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 08:13 PM
xXLauriëXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXLauriëXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXLauriëXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyDeppLuva
Mrs. Depp

I think the release date will be the same. I mean if they reserved that date years in advance, they must be determined to have that date. In a way, this is good news, 'cause this means that there's more of a chance that Johnny'll go to the L.A. premiere of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!!!! Anyway, I'm being optimistic about things. Every movie is bound to run into some problems along the way...

"The only gossip I'm interested in is in The Weekly World News--'Woman's bra burst, 11 injured.' That kind of thing." ~~Johnny Depp

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 10:50 PM
JohnnyDeppLuva is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyDeppLuva a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyDeppLuva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

yeah, i mean before this was even announced, we knew that they'd be postponing filming over august just to give the actors a break. now i know it's still quite a bit before august, but i reckon that they will have allowed some time for things to go wrong - i mean all film companies do, so with this in mind, and the possibility thatthey're gonna be filming stuff elsewhere for now, hopefully they won't have to change the date.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 07:49 AM
Short'n'Sweet
Sitting in bordom

I think that postponing filming is a good thing for me.But that is only because i don't want to exept that fact that they are really making it, with out me.

KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 09:11 PM
Short'n'Sweet is currently offline Click here to Send Short'n'Sweet a Private Message Find more posts by Short'n'Sweet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

yeah, but even if they're filming it without you - if they've stopped filming for now you'll never see the parts that they have managed to film ...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 09:24 PM
Short'n'Sweet
Sitting in bordom

not yet that is

KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 10:55 PM
Short'n'Sweet is currently offline Click here to Send Short'n'Sweet a Private Message Find more posts by Short'n'Sweet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

this movie is cursed..it had better be the most amazing movie ever ..cause they sure have took their time

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:24 AM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

Hell yeah roll eyes (sarcastic)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:09 AM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

quit rolling your eyes at me

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:13 AM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:08 AM
xXLauriëXx
Angel

yes! that's my face, it is! mine!
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:00 PM
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

what??? now we're arguing about faces??
oh the fun!! :P

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:31 PM