KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC sequel news--Richards Coming To Pirates

POTC sequel news--Richards Coming To Pirates
Started by: JohnnyDeppLuva

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JohnnyDeppLuva
Mrs. Depp

POTC sequel news--Richards Coming To Pirates

source: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/...=0&id=31374

Richards Coming To Pirates
12:00 AM, 27-JUNE-05

Johnny Depp, who reprises the character of Captain Jack Sparrow in the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, told SCI FI Wire that he and director Gore Verbinski are still trying to schedule scenes with Rolling Stones rock star Keith Richards, who will play Sparrow's father, but that it looks promising. "It looks like it's going to happen," Depp told reporters at a news conference in Nassau, Bahamas, where the films are shooting. "But I don't know when. It's all going to depend on where we are and where he is, because he's got a little thing called the Rolling Stones tour to do."

Depp also confirmed that the first sequel, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, took an early hiatus because a key cast member fell ill. "We've been shooting Pirates 2 for, well, it's been a few months ... now," Depp said on June 26. "And we had a hiatus that was planned; actually, probably it was supposed to start ... tomorrow or the next day. And we went into the hiatus a bit early, because there were bits that we were going to shoot up in Grand Bahama [for which] sets and stuff weren't ready. But more than that, one of ... our actors, one of our main guys, Kevin McNally, who plays Gibbs, ended up with a really nasty ear infection in both ears, and he was in England and ... was unable to get on a plane. So they just weighed out all the options and said, 'We'll just break now. Go on hiatus. And when we start up again, we'll finish up the bit from 2.'"

Verbinski will shoot the first and second sequels back-to-back. Dead Man's Chest reunites the cast from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, including Depp, Orlando Bloom (Will Turner) and Keira Knightley (Elizabeth Swann), and adds Bill Nighy as the ghostly Davey Jones.

Depp met with reporters to promote his upcoming Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but it was clear he had transitioned into full pirate mode: He sported a scraggly beard, gold-capped teeth and a tattoo with the name "Jack" and the image of a sparrow against a sunrise on his right forearm. But Depp said it was a pleasure returning to the franchise. "It's weird," he said. "We didn't quite know what to expect before we went back into ... Pirates 2. A lot of things happened. ... Orlando's, you know, [in] these big movies. And Keira, you know, all this stuff. And everybody's all over the map. And so we didn't quite know what to expect. And Gore, obviously, Gore's been working like a demon. But honestly, we stepped on the set the first day, and it was like, for me, jumping back into the skin of Captain Jack, ... it felt like we'd had a week off, you know, from the first one. And it's been a really great time, you know? Everybody's been super good and fun, and I think it's going to be good. I hope. I'll knock wood again."

"The only gossip I'm interested in is in The Weekly World News--'Woman's bra burst, 11 injured.' That kind of thing." ~~Johnny Depp

Last edited by JohnnyDeppLuva on Jun 27th, 2005 at 07:33 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:30 AM
JohnnyDeppLuva is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyDeppLuva a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyDeppLuva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

i think it's really cool that he's "back in the skin of jack" ... although wasn't the deal with richards cancelled out for deff a few months back??? messed
but you never can tell with internet rumours - maybe there's been a change of situation.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:22 PM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyDeppLuva
Mrs. Depp

I guess there has been a change. I saw Johnny himself say in an interview (from the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory press junket last weekend) that it's looking good for Keith to be in the film.

"The only gossip I'm interested in is in The Weekly World News--'Woman's bra burst, 11 injured.' That kind of thing." ~~Johnny Depp

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:28 AM
JohnnyDeppLuva is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyDeppLuva a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyDeppLuva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

yeah i know - i keep reading reports and one says he is in it, the next says he's not, the next says he is .... and they ALL claim they're official

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 09:17 AM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote