KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Whatever happened to Bootstrap?

Whatever happened to Bootstrap?
Started by: cinafran

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cinafran

Whatever happened to Bootstrap?

Does anyone have any idea of what happened to Bootstrap Bill? They say he was dropped into the sea tied to a cannon. If the entire crew of the Black Pearl was cursed, Bill included, then where might he be now? If he couldn't die, they why does everyone act like he's dead? I don't know if I've phrased my question right, but still.... Whatever happened to him?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 11:04 AM
cinafran is currently offline Click here to Send cinafran a Private Message Find more posts by cinafran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choosewisely
wise choosely

there is a tread about bootstrap right?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 12:59 PM
choosewisely is currently offline Click here to Send choosewisely a Private Message Find more posts by choosewisely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cinafran

Is there really? I couldn't find one. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough. erm

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 10:37 PM
cinafran is currently offline Click here to Send cinafran a Private Message Find more posts by cinafran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deadless

oh boot strap was killed because he started the curse but he could stop it

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 05:12 AM
deadless is currently offline Click here to Send deadless a Private Message Find more posts by deadless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cinafran

I don't understand.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 12:59 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

thats a good question!

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 12:38 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choosewisely
wise choosely

i think he lives
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I know

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 09:14 PM
choosewisely is currently offline Click here to Send choosewisely a Private Message Find more posts by choosewisely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jarrodsbaby89
Restricted

Account Restricted

i just know that bootstrap is "orly's" daddy........its kinda cute tho happy Happy Dance

Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 05:39 PM
jarrodsbaby89 is currently offline Click here to Send jarrodsbaby89 a Private Message Find more posts by jarrodsbaby89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
POTC ship rat
Gunner's Mate

Think about this, if Bootstrap Bill was dumped overboard with a cannon strapped to his bootstraps, and he too was cursed, then at that time he wasn't really dead.

He probably hit bottom, untied his bootstraps from the cannon, and set out on a walk across the ocean floor to the nearest island. Hopefully, in tens years time, (based on how many years Capt. Barbosa said they were cursed) he was able to get to dry land somewhere. Look for him to appear in POTC 3. (OOPS! Did I let that slip out?)

Can't you see it? Here he is, walking along the ocean floor, gradually making his way around deep sea rifts and shelves, making his way uphill. Finally, after ten years of walking, he is within an arms reach of the surface, when the curse is lifted. So close, only to drown ten years AFTER being dumped overboard.

Thats what you call ironic, or, a good side story book.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 08:18 PM
POTC ship rat is currently offline Click here to Send POTC ship rat a Private Message Find more posts by POTC ship rat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapscallion

On the DVD, if you watch the movie with commentary by the writers, they say that he is not alive , or if he is, he is a "thin puddle" ath the bottom of the ocean due to the water pressure. Also, in the movie, Pintel says he went in the "crushing depths of Davey Jones's locker". He was crushed...by the depths. So no, he is not alive.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 09:08 PM
Rapscallion is currently offline Click here to Send Rapscallion a Private Message Find more posts by Rapscallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsychoFreeak

quote: (post)
Originally posted by POTC ship rat
Think about this, if Bootstrap Bill was dumped overboard with a cannon strapped to his bootstraps, and he too was cursed, then at that time he wasn't really dead.

He probably hit bottom, untied his bootstraps from the cannon, and set out on a walk across the ocean floor to the nearest island. Hopefully, in tens years time, (based on how many years Capt. Barbosa said they were cursed) he was able to get to dry land somewhere. Look for him to appear in POTC 3. (OOPS! Did I let that slip out?)

Can't you see it? Here he is, walking along the ocean floor, gradually making his way around deep sea rifts and shelves, making his way uphill. Finally, after ten years of walking, he is within an arms reach of the surface, when the curse is lifted. So close, only to drown ten years AFTER being dumped overboard.

Thats what you call ironic, or, a good side story book.

wow, theres going to be a POTC 3??? u reli do ur homework dont u lol... erm as if we didnt kno already stick out tongue
and i got a....i donno...problem with ur "here he is, walking along the ocean floor" bla bla bla thing...If they blew bootstrap up in the daytime, he'd float cos he cant fill with water 2 sink and 'walk along the ocean floor' unless it was night time and the moon was out...so that would make him VERY dead, on top of Rapscallion's post lol... no expression

Attachment: king!.jpg
This has been downloaded 37 time(s).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 07:06 AM
PsychoFreeak is currently offline Click here to Send PsychoFreeak a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoFreeak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
POTC ship rat
Gunner's Mate

Good point, although I don't remember them saying they blew him up. And I typo'd when I said POTC 3. I meant to say POTC 4. By the time I caught it, I couldn't get back in to edit.

I was pretty sure they just dumped Bootstrap into the crushing depths of Davy Jones' locker, like Rapscallion said.

Also, the pirates that walked out to the Dauntless were not in the moonlight the whole walk, only for a portion of it. So, as "full-bodied" pirates, they were still able to walk along the ocean floor.

Anyway, multi-movie stories have never been known for their precise accuracy. If you took everything from the whole Star Wars triple trilogy (456,123,789 plus the side stories) and tried to draw a proper time line, you'd have a bunch of threads that don't match up just right.

Ain't it fun to try an' figure all this stuff out?

Gotta run, tune in next week

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 11:02 PM
POTC ship rat is currently offline Click here to Send POTC ship rat a Private Message Find more posts by POTC ship rat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsychoFreeak

lol, muchly stick out tongue
well im off, not comin bak, this place is too boring lol
LATER'Z! *waves*

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 07:04 AM
PsychoFreeak is currently offline Click here to Send PsychoFreeak a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoFreeak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choosewisely
wise choosely

3th time saying that...
you can come back now

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 03:39 PM
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

well...even if he was all blown apart...that guys hand kept moving once it was away from his body in the first film...the one swan was attacking lol...so then if all the body parts can move on their own while under the moonlight all the parts would eventually be able to coem back together....

am i right or am i wrong?

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 09:08 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote