KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Jack and lizzie

Jack and lizzie
Started by: Gold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gold
Worth my weight in!!!

Jack and lizzie

When I saw the first movie I always thought Jack and lizzie had a bit of chemistry. Especially when they were stuck on the iland, but when they didn't get together I was shocked!!!. After seing the second I'm so please they kissed.

Can anyone tell me if they noticed this in no. 1 as well and what scenes made you think that?.

P.S I don't like how sudden her feelings changed though. I always thought it was one sided and she hated him, then all of a sudden in no. 2 she's madly in love with him. confusing to sat the least

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 10:58 AM
Gold is currently offline Click here to Send Gold a Private Message Find more posts by Gold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curtmister

she couldnt have liked him that much because she tighted him to the ship nad left him for the kraken

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 11:23 AM
curtmister is currently offline Click here to Send curtmister a Private Message Find more posts by curtmister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

yea... she did it really to save her ass... and Will's. I think she will end up marrying Will still.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 03:14 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

of course she will. i think she wanted jack because will was gone and she had nobody to protect her(not that she needs protecting, she's great with a sword) and jack was the only one there besides norrington who was being a humongous ass with his stupid remarks about jack and his compass. and she only kissed him because she was using him to save everyone's life. But i think she regretted it because she realized that she was the only one that jack had never done anything wrong to. he sold will's soul, "killed" barbossa, and pretty much stabbed everyone in the back for his own benefit, except he didn't do anything like that to elizabeth.

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 05:28 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jessigem
of course she will. i think she wanted jack because will was gone and she had nobody to protect her(not that she needs protecting, she's great with a sword) and jack was the only one there besides norrington who was being a humongous ass with his stupid remarks about jack and his compass. and she only kissed him because she was using him to save everyone's life. But i think she regretted it because she realized that she was the only one that jack had never done anything wrong to. he sold will's soul, "killed" barbossa, and pretty much stabbed everyone in the back for his own benefit, except he didn't do anything like that to elizabeth.

That's a good point actually.. I never really thought of that before.

Umm in The Curse of the Black Pearl I do kinda know what you mean about the chemistry thing. Haha like when Jack says "Elizabeth.. it would never have worked between us darling." That bit was funny. And yeah on the island I know what you mean aswell, but at the time I just used to think it was just for comedy. Like when he puts his arm around her and stuff and when he curls up his moustache haha that bit is great.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:12 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

the kiss had no romantic value at all. if her and jack actually get together Orlando Bloom has no place in the movie.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:18 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Originally posted by forumcrew
the kiss had no romantic value at all. if her and jack actually get together Orlando Bloom has no place in the movie.

It had sexy value though haha.

And yeah.. clearly they're not going to get together. That's just silly. What would happen to Will?! He would be distraught! And it would be an incredibly stupid ending. The third one should end like the first one yes well.. when Will and Elizabeth kissed at the end of the first one it wasn't right at the end but you know.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 08:33 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

laughing out loud i love that sexy face laughing out loud
it's like when jack pointed out that people are surprised when he tells the truth.....people are surprised when i make a good point, which i do quite often big grin

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 09:18 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gold
Worth my weight in!!!

Originally posted by jessigem

Well I hardly call it a passing fancy. The compass shows whats true in your heart, not what you fancy because the love of your life is missing.

After she handcuffed him and jumped in the boat she looked at Will with no real emotion, maybe remorse. She then looked back at the sinking boat with tears in her eyes. Wouldn't she hug Will immediatly and tell him she loves him?. Being so glad he was back?. NO, She didn't cause she had just betrayed her true love Jack.

What would happen to Will? He would run away and marry barbossa!.

The film doesn't need Will, just a sexy pirate and a beautiful lass to fall in love with him and live happily everafter.

Last edited by Gold on Jul 11th, 2006 at 10:13 AM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 10:06 AM
Gold is currently offline Click here to Send Gold a Private Message Find more posts by Gold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gauze

No, Gold. She is not truly 'in love' with Jack. She realizes, like the rest of them, that despite the bad person he seems to be, life just isn't the same without him. And despite the dishonest nature he has, he is still a friend.

Will Turner's role in the films is actually quite important, incase you failed to realize. Total noob.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 10:50 AM
Gauze is currently offline Click here to Send Gauze a Private Message Find more posts by Gauze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gold
Worth my weight in!!!

Originally posted by Gauze
No, Gold. She is not truly 'in love' with Jack. She realizes, like the rest of them, that despite the bad person he seems to be, life just isn't the same without him. And despite the dishonest nature he has, he is still a friend.

Will Turner's role in the films is actually quite important, incase you failed to realize. Total noob.

Look I don't appreciate being called a total noob as you so put it. This is a discussion, not who's right or wrong. I suggest you try posting somewhere else cause I for one won't listnen to anyone who replies with such dissrespect.

I apologise if my remark affended anyone. I only wanted to see if anyone else saw what I saw. I'm sure Will is a much loved character by some, He just isn't important in the movie for me.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 11:42 AM
«§hõnknêss»

Well without Will then Liz would probably be on Jack like a sack of potatoes . . . she wouldn't be worrying about the consiquences . . . and I can't spell that word but anyway.

I don't think they are in love . . . just infatuated with one another maybe.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 11:47 AM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mådness
Teenage Ninja Pirate

From my point of view, it's just Jack's effect on women, and now Liz has fallen victim as well...I think...

God! When is the next movie coming out! *runs off to check*

Insanity triumps over sanity...Mådness over reality...

Last edited by Mådness on Jul 11th, 2006 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 12:06 PM
Mådness is currently offline Click here to Send Mådness a Private Message Find more posts by Mådness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

quote:
I apologise if my remark affended anyone. I only wanted to see if anyone else saw what I saw. I'm sure Will is a much loved character by some, He just isn't important in the movie for me.

i think i liked my idea better. it gave good points on all the characters, but this one just made me sad...
quote:
Well without Will then Liz would probably be on Jack like a sack of potatoes . . . she wouldn't be worrying about the consiquences . . . and I can't spell that word but anyway.

that's a good point...if she was all over him, there wouldn't be that sense of....uhhh....moral violation(?) in the movie and it wouldn't be as intense cool
quote:
From my point of view, it's just Jack's effect on women, and now Liz has fallen victim as well...I think...

laughing out loud exactly laughing out loud

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 04:30 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I like how Gauze, who's been here two months, calls someone who's been here less than a month, a noob, when they are, according to me, both noobs. stick out tongue No offense, but it's true.

Please be respectful in your discussion, you two...

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 07:22 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

sorry i agree with gold... about liz really having feelings for jack. i think it is very possible to be attracted to two diff people at once- esp. since they are such different characters. its like the "id" and the "ego" vying for control of her. everyone gets confused about what they want sometimes.
jack is hott, will is noble. jack is exciting and mysterious, will is loyal and brave. good qualities all around. whoever she ends up with will be lucky. maybe she'll pull a shocker and pick norrington, haha, just kiddin.

quoted: "It had sexy value though haha."
I totally agree. I totally think that kiss had attraction and romance in it, alongside the other motives. they've been flirting for 2 movies.

whatever happens, jack and liz are hott. hehehe. smile i love how everyone has such different opinions on it though.

its also interesting how the stakes just got upped- i mean, will's character has tons of drama going on for him with or without liz.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 07:35 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

laughing out loud good point and good advice.
to lighten everyone's spirits, go to this link. it contains a HILARIOUS(sorry if it's spelled wrong) DDR song about cap'n jack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAD-...amp;search=potc

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 07:35 PM
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Hilerious* haha! I just had to say!

Haha I liked it when it went "Left right, right left." when their feet like moved to it.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:22 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

there's also another clip on that same sight. i think it's called jack sparrow in the US navy or something like that. it's 8 minutes long. it's about this guy who dressed up as cap'n sparrow and he walks around the navy place talking to people. he walks and acts just like jack....but you can't really hear what he's saying. it's kinda stupid but i got a laugh from it big grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIy...amp;search=potc

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 08:52 PM
CaptainRizzo

Originally posted by Gold
Well I hardly call it a passing fancy. The compass shows whats true in your heart, not what you fancy because the love of your life is missing.

After she handcuffed him and jumped in the boat she looked at Will with no real emotion, maybe remorse. She then looked back at the sinking boat with tears in her eyes. Wouldn't she hug Will immediatly and tell him she loves him?. Being so glad he was back?. NO, She didn't cause she had just betrayed her true love Jack.

What would happen to Will? He would run away and marry barbossa!.

The film doesn't need Will, just a sexy pirate and a beautiful lass to fall in love with him and live happily everafter.

HAHA anyone would know that wasn't a real kiss

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 10:51 PM
CaptainRizzo is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainRizzo a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainRizzo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote