KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Who is the worst Traitor?

Who is the worst Traitor?
Started by: katelovespirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

Who is the worst Traitor?

So, a huge theme in these films is betrayal--- obviously. confused Who betrays who for what reason, etc. My question is, when you take out the obvious "well he's the villian so he's the worst" who actually commits the most (or worst) betrayals? When you take into account that everyone has different complicated motives and excuses, Who is the worst traitor?

I figured we could look at this analytically, on a standardized point system.

1: minor betrayal (telling a small lie, etc) embarrasment
2: regular betrayal (telling a bigger lie, using someone)
3: materialistic betrayal (stealing a large amount of property, ship, etc)
4: substantial betrayal (leaving or cheating on a lover, etc) mad
5: major betrayal (selling someone else's soul, etc)
redemption:
-2: reversing the effects of a betrayal big grin

I'll start with the character of Will: he basically does nothing wrong, except for in the first movie when he whacks Jack with the oar, and then tells Gibbs "he fell behind". so we'll give him a 2 and say, he's obviously not the worst traitor!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 01:35 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

I don't think Will is really a traitor..confused I get what you're saying, but to me he just seems misinformed of the bigger picture most of the time. Like when he wants to get Davey Jones' heart and fights the other two, by rights Jack has the best motive, because from my pov, he can free everyone and everything, whereas Will didn't see that and only saw it as a selfish gain, so he 'betrayed' Jack by fighting him, and Norrington only wants it for personal gain.

Again with the first movie, from the looks of it Jack had some sort of plan worked out, it didnt look like he actually wanted to sell Will out and let him die, but Will couldn't see the bigger picture...once Barbossa is mortal, Jack could kill him.

I can see him doing something stupid in the next one over Elizabeth's kiss with Jack, in the bigger picture she was using it as a diversion to lock Jack up and save everyone else, whereas all Will saw it as was a cheating thing. You can see it when he looks at her later in Tia Dalma's house.

I'd rate him as a misinformed, 'accidental' betrayer.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:10 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

Jack kinda betrays people. Barbossa really lied to Jack and betrayed him so maybe him..

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:44 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

how bout we give jack a 3/4 for the 1st movie and definite 5 for the 2nd.
and i think barbossa deserves a 3, for the mutiny of the cap'n

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 03:13 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i give liz a 2 in the first, for using norrington to save will. she def. gets a 5 for the next, even though the kiss was hott.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:38 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danny_v
georgio armani

I agree with liz having a 5 betrayal in the second movie, because that must have torn will apart.

FORZA ITALIA!!! WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:46 PM
danny_v is currently offline Click here to Send danny_v a Private Message Find more posts by danny_v Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

if it tore will apart then she only gets a 4. she didn't sell jack's soul, she just used it to save everyone else's lives. which also gives her a -2 which means she only has a 2. put together with the first movie: 2+2=4. so i guess she gets a 4...erm

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:52 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danny_v
georgio armani

i guess your right if u put it like that.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:57 PM
danny_v is currently offline Click here to Send danny_v a Private Message Find more posts by danny_v Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

laughing out loud

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:58 PM
pinkfloydkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jessigem
if it tore will apart then she only gets a 4. she didn't sell jack's soul, she just used it to save everyone else's lives. which also gives her a -2 which means she only has a 2. put together with the first movie: 2+2=4. so i guess she gets a 4...erm

no expression

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 06:00 PM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

norrington gets off scot free in the first one, no betrayals there. second movie, i'm giving him a 3 for stealing the heart, plus another 3 for stealing the letters of marque, plus another 2 for lying about his herioc action to take the chest and let them get away. that's an 8. no redemption yet for him. we'll see about no. 3...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 07:06 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

i think he'll get a 5 in no.3 stick out tongue

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 08:03 PM
danny_v
georgio armani

i really dont like norrington all that much. hes really evil! devil

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 09:18 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

i hate norrington. the only thing i like about him is...... huh
umm.................the fact that he took off his wig!!! i remember.
eek! powdery wigs are weird wacko

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 09:39 PM
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

i despise norrington

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 10:22 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkfloydkor

yea, hes annoying

thanks LifeInSepia, sig is AWESOME

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 10:33 PM
pinkfloydkor is currently offline Click here to Send pinkfloydkor a Private Message Find more posts by pinkfloydkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

and stupid... he better get eaten by kraken or shot through the heart

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 10:36 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

he'll probably get shot through the heart by the cutler/lord when he gives him the heart(like the evil ppl always shoot the snitch in movies)

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 11:50 PM
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

lol yea i think norrington will turn good, or be killed by another bad guy

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:25 AM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

ditto happy

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:29 AM