KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Question About the Music (Both Films)

Question About the Music (Both Films)
Started by: Ley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ley
Forum Monkey

Question About the Music (Both Films)

I have question regarding the music of both Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

I have bought the soundtracks for both movies (And love them both!). When I upload them to iTunes, it shows Hans Zimmer as the composer for Dead Man's Chest, while Klaus Badelt is the composer for Curse of the Black Pearl.

My question is this; on Curse of the Black Pearl's soundtrack, on the track titled "The Black Pearl," about a minute into it, the score sounds very familiar. It's in the movie, I believe during the part where Jack and Will steal the ship. It sounds very much like the music from the first battle in the movie Gladiator, which Hans Zimmer did the music for.

Given that he worked on the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and he did Gladiator, which sounds so similar to music in the first, did he work on the first movie at all?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 06:25 PM
Ley is currently offline Click here to Send Ley a Private Message Find more posts by Ley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mådness
Teenage Ninja Pirate

According to my knowledge, yes. Both Zimmer and Badelt worked on the score...I think... *runs off to check on her CD*

Insanity triumps over sanity...Mådness over reality...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 07:30 AM
Mådness is currently offline Click here to Send Mådness a Private Message Find more posts by Mådness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

They normally write their scores together, if you look on the imdb, then most of the works that one has done, the other has done as well - even if they're not credited for it ...

but you're right, on the case zimmer did DMC and Badelt did CotBP.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 03:56 PM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote