KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Elizabeth: Who will she choose? (*Spoilers)

Elizabeth: Who will she choose? (*Spoilers)
Started by: Shadow0fabandit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadow0fabandit

Elizabeth: Who will she choose? (*Spoilers)

I advise you all to not read this until you have seen the movie. We don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Now as you all know, there is the beginning of a love conflict going on in Dead Mans Chest. This thread here is to discuss your thoughts and opinions about this conflict furthering on to the next Pirates movie.

I'll start off...

The whole Elizabeth kissing Jack Sparrow, in my own opinion had no essential love value at all, I believe that she only did what she had to do to save the lives of the rest of the crew. Yes, I believe that she cares about him and loves having him around but I do not believe that she is in love with him. I believe that is why she was so heart broken after she chained him to his own ship for dead. She did what she had to do to save everyone, even if she didn't want to do it.

The compass pointing towards jack at all times, I believe was showing Elizabeth that yes she wanted something of Jack, not him. She wanted him to be a good man at heart and she was doing everything possible to make him that way. Like I said, she probably loves having him around.

My reasoning as to why she didn't rejoice as to having Will back is because she was mourning what was to be the future death of Jack Sparrow. As you remember in the First Movie she was against the hanging of Jack Sparrow because it wasn't right. This in mind, the reason she was so heart broken was because what she was making Jack do, which was give up his life, was not right and she knew it.

As you can remember towards the end how heart broken she was, was because of what she had done and what had to be done to save everyone. Everyone of the crew loved Jack Sparrow and did not want him to die, but it tore her up more because she was the cause of his death and she knew it.

With every love story there is always a catch. This is it. Now I think Elizabeth is truely in love with Will Turner because of the pure fact of how much she was worried about him and how much she cared about him within the first and second movie. I do believe however that she may have an desire for Jack because she was able to know him more and she was around him more in Dead Man Chest and Will was not there to give her the attention and love she was longing so greatly for. Like she said "I'm so ready to be married". She was longing for love and she turned to Jack why Will was gone. But I still do believe that her true feelings are for Will. She is just a bit confused due to the whole seperation from Will for so long and the temptation.

Any thoughts?

Matt

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 05:19 AM
Shadow0fabandit is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow0fabandit a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow0fabandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

Um, she will choose Will..

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 06:26 AM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow0fabandit

Meh. This gives me something to talk about. I love to talk about love stories ^.^

Matt

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 06:34 AM
Shadow0fabandit is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow0fabandit a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow0fabandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*-=Fat sacK=-*
S.S.S Shagadelic

I reckon she will chose jack i don't know why but i reckon she will

Aurum potestas esthappyGold is power

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 08:59 AM
*-=Fat sacK=-* is currently offline Click here to Send *-=Fat sacK=-* a Private Message Find more posts by *-=Fat sacK=-* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Its going to be Jack (This is my guess based on years of learning film studies)..there are more than enough hints in the film to suggest she wants jack over will..the very fact she is changing into a pirate suggests that she is becoming more suitable for Jack over Will. She is obssesed with that lifestyle and thus she obssesed with Jack. Will did not fall in love with Pirate Liz. He fell in love with rich, lady-like liz..and she is NOT going to change back for wil..and Will isnt going to like it.

Also Disney have added a new "project" for Will to find more important than Liz and that is the introduction of his father. Will is going to be mainly saving his father instead of worrying about Liz. Liz dosnt even need him to worry for her now..She is becoming free.

Jack doesn't have a new person to be distracted with. Notice the lack of a different love interest for him appart from Liz.

Also the main..MAIN moment that suggests that she actually wants him is the part where after she kisses him and chains him to the deck, she GOES IN FOR ANOTHER KISS then pulls away and lies through her teeth "I'm not sorry" its BS...she wanted another taste..she obviously couldnt get enough.

There was an obvious lack of development in Will/ Liz's relationship. It didnt develop at all. What DID develop was a possible relationship between Jack and Liz. Their relationship on screen was the most prominent..Will and Liz's hit a dead end at the end of the last movie... Disney probably know that its going to bore peple a tad. If they really wanted the Will/Liz thing to continue they wouldnt have made Liz's character change so drastically and they wouldnt have introduced Will's father to be Will's distraction...they also wouldnt have interrupted the wedding IMO.

Just my opinion though.. I accept that i may be completley wrong.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 16th, 2006 at 12:24 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 12:12 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates= Love
"But why's the rum gone?"

Sure they gave Will another "project" with his dad...but there also putting Jacks dad in the next movie...so maybe that says something too

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 12:21 PM
Pirates= Love is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates= Love a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates= Love Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I have to continue here because I cant edit my last post anymore lol.

You may be right about the compass thing but IMO I think she actually already believed that he was a good man. She said she trusted him and I think she genuinely did. So her heart already knew this. The compass only points to what one "wants" and she didnt want him to be a good man at that point, deep down she knew he already was. So I believe the compass was pointing to him for another reason.

They are probably adding Jacks dad in for comedy purposes. Disney wont use two similar story lines where each has to save his father..whats the point in that? (or i may be wrong and they will) But if they both have a distraction away from Liz then who is going to get her? Neither..so I dont think Jack's dad is going to be a big distraction for Jack.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 16th, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 12:33 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweet_kat22

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Its going to be Jack (This is my guess based on years of learning film studies)..there are more than enough hints in the film to suggest she wants jack over will..the very fact she is changing into a pirate suggests that she is becoming more suitable for Jack over Will. She is obssesed with that lifestyle and thus she obssesed with Jack. Will did not fall in love with Pirate Liz. He fell in love with rich, lady-like liz..and she is NOT going to change back for wil..and Will isnt going to like it.

Totally agree with you there mate, couldnt have said it better myself stick out tongue

Although if they DO put them together in the end, they will HAVE to find another purpose for Will which could be anything at this point. Because whether us Jack fans want to admit it or not TONES of Will fans will be disapointed and not want to watch it without a Liz/will relationship so they will just have to find some other good reason for Will to be there.

Ultimatly I think Disney doesnt want Liz to change because either way they know that they will loose a chunk of an audience when they just like "Bye will thanks for everything but we dont need you anymore"

Like do we really need 2 jack and liz threads, we are going to come up with millions of possibilities before the movie comes out and we will all be disapointed if it doesnt turn out how we wanted it lol.

Last edited by sweet_kat22 on Jul 16th, 2006 at 02:06 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:03 PM
sweet_kat22 is currently offline Click here to Send sweet_kat22 a Private Message Find more posts by sweet_kat22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

^^ Yes, I totally agree with you, I don't think Jacks dad will be a big deal on Jacks part at all. and I don't think Jacks dad will get himself into a lifetime service on davy jones' ship like will's dad.....so I don't think Jack will have to worry about saving his dad like will has to. Therefor, spending more time than will with liz.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:04 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i support jack. if the character of liz keeps developing like it has been, i think she will end up with jack. however, she might go back the other way. who knows.
we are in for a major emotional rollarcoaster. if she chooses jack, we will have to get some liz/will closure. if she chooses will, gosh, we will all feel let-down i think, cause where will that leave jack?
i do think will's dad is going to have a lot of influence over him in the next film. i can imagine some sort of conflict of having to choose who to follow/save, his dad or liz, and he already made that oath to his dad. however, disney isnt flippant about the will/liz relationship. both movies so far have been about will doing something to rescue her, and the whole first film ended with a culminating kiss/engagement. they cant just pretend that didnt happen. no matter where the series goes, that movie is finished, they cant go back and be like, well elizabeth wasnt really sure she loved will, cause she seems sure in the 1st one.
personally, i think jack and her just have more chemsitry, more things in common- it makes more sense for them to be together. all the hints in the 2nd one totally point to that. but it is still disney, ya know? i just cant fathom them actually doing that. sometimes i get the feeling that they werent trying to make the love-triangle so obvious and central to the movie.
i just dont know how many more lines disney will cross...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:09 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

This is why it is so hard to figure out what will happen between those three in the third movie......they can't really introduce a new love interest for any of the characters, because it wouldn't have enough time to develope in one film, (unless they do a 4th pirates movie, but were not sure about that yet) so assuming that there will be 3 pirates movies, a new interest for any of the characters would be uncalled for, and would be so random, because you wouldn't get any time to really get to know the character. We know Jack inside and out, but that's because he's been in the two pirates movies so far, so we can expect the kinds of actions from him in the 3rd, same with will and liz.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:16 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Thanks for agreeing with me peeps.

The fact that this whole Liz/Jack thing has generated so much discussion and is probably THE biggest moment of the film, Is now a big bonus for Disney. It completely opened up a new door for them and the majority of people actually like it. They would be silly to drop it in the 3rd movie.

I agree Will is most likely going to be the one who lets Elizabeth go and not the other way round. If its Will's decision to leave her then the fans probably wont be as pissed lol. And the fact his father is here is sort of pushing the possibility that he can let her go. Its going to be Will who decides what he wants I think. I personally think that Liz has already said goodbye to Will because she has changed.

If you think about it Wills' main purpose in the first film was so he could be with Elizabeth who needed protecting but now she doesn't.. Where as Liz's purpose was to be with Will but for her to also start breaking free. Now that she has Will pretty much has no purpose, that’s why Disney added his father back into it to give him further purpose. I cant really see Will/Liz's relationship progressing. Its kind of run its course IMO

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 16th, 2006 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:20 PM
blackpearl44

^^ I also agree with that. I think they may be wanting o throw you off with the whole Jacks dad in the third one. But I don't think his dad will need saving or anything like that like will's dad. I think Jack's dad's only purpose will be to give Jack some sort of advice for something. It may be linked to that issue, or it might not be. Tough to say until we know more about the next film.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:27 PM
katelovespirate

yeah i agree there.
considering the rest of the "pirates" landscape is really changing, i think it would be fair to say their choices are going to reflect new social roles that we havent seen them in. The EITC is definately going to have a huge part to play in the 3rd one, meaning all the pirates banding together. but when its over, they will have to choose what life they will lead. i think liz would choose piracy, except her dad will probably die in this one or something... and that might affect her. will is kinda uptight, but he has already made some piraty changes, and has to save his dad, who will probably try to convince him not to be a pirate. oh gee. im rambling on and on without a point.
i think it was cool of disney to take such a big risk by introducing the jack/liz element. because they know everyone will have a strong opinion about it, and they will have to disappoint a lot of people...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:27 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

Yea, If will cares enogh about his dad to save him, than he cares enough about him to take his advice and not be a pirate, because that's not what will's dad want's for him. And Liz won't want to go back to her old lifestyle, she wants to be a free spirited pirate like Jack.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:31 PM
LovelyOne

Yeah I agree with you both^^ I think you both have very good points.

Like you said, I also have a feeing that Jacks dad will be introduced to either give him advice or to be an intimidation to Jack. Jack probably will feel that he cant live up to his dad or something. Or His dad may be the person who slaps him into his senses about Elizabeth. I personally think that Jack doesn't realize he cares about her yet. Jacks dad may be the one who makes him realize. Its still all guesswork though...lol if Jacks' dad is just like Jack then I can imagine him trying to woo Elizabeth and Jack then feeling a pang of jealousy.

I also agree on the fact that it will disappoint allot of people what ever way it goes. Thing is I think that there are more people who love the character of Jack compared with Will. If there was no Jack Sparrow the film would probably be a flop. So making Liz get with Jack is a sensible move if they want to keep audience entertained IMO

BIG ASS POSSIBLE SPOILER HERE
I heard that apparently Elizabeth’s dad is murdered by Norrington..This could mean that Disney are making it so all the ties to her old life have been cut. So she won’t be going back to it maybe? And that means she won’t be going back to Will unless he changes or something.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:44 PM
blackpearl44

If that is true. than liz won't have any reason to go back to port royal, besides serving the death sentence, and she'll obviously never do that lol. so she would have no reason to go back to the way she was, one, because she don't want to, and two, even if she did want to, she can't anyway because she'll be put to death if she goes back.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 02:50 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by blackpearl44
If that is true. than liz won't have any reason to go back to port royal, besides serving the death sentence, and she'll obviously never do that lol. so she would have no reason to go back to the way she was, one, because she don't want to, and two, even if she did want to, she can't anyway because she'll be put to death if she goes back.

Yeah totally agree with you. She’s going to choose to be a pirate he he eek! If that thing about her dad is true of course.

Now that I think about it the actual opening scene might symbolize that Will and Elizabeth’s wedding is doomed from the start. It was all gloomy and raining and looked more like a funeral than anything else. Does this symbolize a bright future for Will and Liz?. I don’t think so.

Will also saw her before the wedding, in her wedding dress she then says "Its bad luck to see the bride before the wedding" I think this scene actually is a strong hint of what will happen later. Its seems like a very VERY doomed relationship. Then what do we see later? Liz falling for Jack instead wink

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 16th, 2006 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 03:01 PM
blackpearl44

Yes, I agree (I agree alot with you lol) I think she'll choose to be a pirate anyway, the thing about her father being murdured will just give us a better idea about that. If it is true. and I think she has already fallen for Jack, I think she's just in denial, because she dosn't think she's changed, and she's looking at her life when she fell in love with will, and she still thinks she is that person, but she's in denial, she dosn't think she's changed, and she thinks that she could never love a pirate.....but she's realizing that she is not the same person that will fell in love with, and she wants to be a free spirited person like Jack...and not uptight like will. Like she used to be.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 03:09 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by blackpearl44
Yes, I agree (I agree alot with you lol) I think she'll choose to be a pirate anyway, the thing about her father being murdured will just give us a better idea about that. If it is true. and I think she has already fallen for Jack, I think she's just in denial, because she dosn't think she's changed, and she's looking at her life when she fell in love with will, and she still thinks she is that person, but she's in denial, she dosn't think she's changed, and she thinks that she could never love a pirate.....but she's realizing that she is not the same person that will fell in love with, and she wants to be a free spirited person like Jack...and not uptight like will. Like she used to be.

LOl yeh.

She thinks she's all noble still but she chained jack to a ship and left him to be doomed to save her own skin. She acted like a right little pirate there. She also managed to fight and actually dave herself instead of being rescued. By the time Will arrived to her she didn't really need him there. She could have taken care of herself..She did actually. Will was so blind to it..he felt as if he had to fight for her again.

"stay with the chest" "NOOOOOOO!" lol

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 03:22 PM