KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » What was wrong with Jack the monkey?

What was wrong with Jack the monkey?
Started by: sccch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nanami_XIV

Question What was wrong with Jack the monkey?

Why do you think he was takeing things of Jack's like his hat,then tossed it in the ocean?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 02:03 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackyhehe
Tooth Fairy

Maybe out of habit or something. Or maybe because Jack 'killed' his master, Barbossa. Haha!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 01:40 PM
Jackyhehe is currently offline Click here to Send Jackyhehe a Private Message Find more posts by Jackyhehe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

was a symbol showing that Jack the monkey doesn't think Jack the man deserves to be captain..he thinks the rightful captain of the Pearl is Barbossa.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 25th, 2006 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 01:43 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bio213
I'm alone in the dark.

Or the monkey know about the Kraken. That was coming for Jack.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 02:05 PM
bio213 is currently offline Click here to Send bio213 a Private Message Find more posts by bio213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Or Jack just doesn't like Jack; after all Jack does shoot Jack a lot.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 02:12 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

haha true

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 02:13 PM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 02:45 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

lol its lliek BAH take that haha!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 02:47 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

because he's a mischievous little monkey. big grin

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 05:28 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I think it's more likely that the monkey thinks Barbossa is the true captain; notice how well-behaved he is when Tia releases him in her hut? He knows Barbossa is there.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:06 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Guys come on your coming up with all these great answeres but you have to ask yourself, what would you do if you were a monkey hanging around w/ Jack Sparrow.

Throw his most beloved items into the sea and do whatever you can to tick him off because hey what the hell, you cant die

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 04:27 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

laughing out loud Good point... but I do seem to recall that the 'cursed undead' may not have been able to die, but they could certainly feel pain. Why would the monkey cause himself undue pain just to annoy Jack? Something doesn't correlate here... the monkey gets blown to pieces by Jack on multiple occasions, couldn't he feel that?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 04:31 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

I dont remember evr reading anything about the undead feeling pain. Barbosa didnt even flinch when Jack Shot Him and all the undead did incredible stuff which would be painful if anybody else did it, are you keeping up with this? lol

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 04:40 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I read it on Wikipedia today, actually. That's where I got my info from. I don't make things up and yes, I'm keeping up with things fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Pearl

After this, the crew made their way to Isla de Muerta where they found a chest of Aztec gold coins, which the crew quickly frittered away on food, drinks and prostitutes. What they did not realize at the time was the coins were cursed which affected anyone who took a coin from the chest. Those who did became undead, unable to die or feel anything pleasurable, although they could still feel pain. Moonlight revealed the true form of the pirates: hideous walking skeletons with traces of flesh still on their body. They only way possible for they crew to die is if their entire bodies were completly disconnected (mainly the head). Even the Pearl herself appeared to be affected by the curse: her sails became black and tattered yet still seemed to function, and she was constantly surrounded by fog.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 04:47 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

that sucks that they could feel pain but they couldn't feel anything pleasurable.

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:18 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

Well, he might have been feeling pleasure taking Jack's things.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:21 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

i don't think that's the kind of pleasure they're talking about in the article. and that's like evil pleasure(more like satisfaction)

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:25 PM
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kal875
I dont remember evr reading anything about the undead feeling pain. Barbosa didnt even flinch when Jack Shot Him and all the undead did incredible stuff which would be painful if anybody else did it, are you keeping up with this? lol

This is true - remember Barboosa tells her he hasn't been able to fill up, or fill a woman's touch, "I feel nothing" he tells her - and remember he doesn't taste the green apple...But ironically, when the 2 crazy pirates were chasing Elizabeth in the Governor's house - she drops the hot coals from the bed warmer onto Wooden Eyes head and he screams that it burns....so I think Disney contradicted itself on that. Maybe it was just Barboosa couldn't feel the pain since he was the one that instigated the mutiny of the Black Pearl.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:32 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by Syren
I read it on Wikipedia today, actually. That's where I got my info from. I don't make things up and yes, I'm keeping up with things fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Pearl

After this, the crew made their way to Isla de Muerta where they found a chest of Aztec gold coins, which the crew quickly frittered away on food, drinks and prostitutes. What they did not realize at the time was the coins were cursed which affected anyone who took a coin from the chest. Those who did became undead, unable to die or feel anything pleasurable, although they could still feel pain. Moonlight revealed the true form of the pirates: hideous walking skeletons with traces of flesh still on their body. They only way possible for they crew to die is if their entire bodies were completly disconnected (mainly the head). Even the Pearl herself appeared to be affected by the curse: her sails became black and tattered yet still seemed to function, and she was constantly surrounded by fog.

Gottcha - that explains why if they were hit or shot or had hot coals dropped on them they could feel it - they just couldn't enjoy life's pleasures - like food, drink, women....

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:34 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
This is true - remember Barboosa tells her he hasn't been able to fill up, or fill a woman's touch, "I feel nothing" he tells her - and remember he doesn't taste the green apple...But ironically, when the 2 crazy pirates were chasing Elizabeth in the Governor's house - she drops the hot coals from the bed warmer onto Wooden Eyes head and he screams that it burns....so I think Disney contradicted itself on that. Maybe it was just Barboosa couldn't feel the pain since he was the one that instigated the mutiny of the Black Pearl.

Or Barbossa was use to being stabbed or something. Remember he was captain and cursed for about a decade or so.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:59 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote