KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Things you did not like about DMC

Things you did not like about DMC
Started by: choosewisely

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
choosewisely
wise choosely

Things you did not like about DMC

i don't think there are any moments i didn't like. and same for the storyline. but offcourse it's posssible there are things you don't like.
or is it perfect no expression

post your criticism about story, acting and the rest here

savvy?

and no crazy i want more johnny stuff stick out tongue
then i wont say it needs more keira roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 01:07 PM
choosewisely is currently offline Click here to Send choosewisely a Private Message Find more posts by choosewisely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

DMC?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 01:47 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady_Depp
Johnny's Girl

dead mans chest (DMC)

erm wel i did like the whole film, but it jus dun liek the whole squiddy thing.. but thts jus me.. the story n everything was kewlies and ofcourse JOHNNY LUKD SEXAYYYYYY

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 02:18 PM
Lady_Depp is currently offline Click here to Send Lady_Depp a Private Message Find more posts by Lady_Depp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I did like the film but I don't think that the enemies were as...dark as they were in the other one..They were kinda easy to laugh at because they looked so weird and they didn't seem very threatening.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 02:51 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

i loved the whole thing! but what made it perfect was the fact the jack and liz kissed and johnny depp looks insanely hott!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 03:06 PM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I just didn't like what they did to Jack because now I hate Elizabeth but I was happy with most of the things and glad it gave a feel for the next film I didn't really like Davy Jones accent I thought he'd have an deep accent like Barbossa or Quint from Jaws not his Irish accent he had going on. I thought the Kraken would look like a giant squid or octopus but they still made it cool looking. The only other thing I didn't like was they left the dog.....

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:20 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

I didn't like Will being wipped.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:22 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I liked that scene it kind of showed how cruel Davy Jones could be

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:24 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah plus orlando's back is hott. plus i think that scene does some serius foreshadowing with his dad and him...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:30 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I liked how Jack looked at the Kraken and smiled and said "ello; beastie" and jumped into its mouth while it pulled the Pearl under. That showed that Captain Jack Sparrow was braver then anyone gave him credit for. Plus I like the entire story with Davy Jones. At first he appears to be a terrible monster but then you realize that he has a terrible past.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:30 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah funny how we all have to turn this thread into stuff we DID like about the film, HAHAHAHA. there was nothing that stood out as super annoying to me. except beckett, but he is supposed to be annoying.
okay i take it back. beckett's assistant/hit man with the scarry face, he was totally irritating.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:32 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FG725
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I just didn't like what they did to Jack because now I hate Elizabeth but I was happy with most of the things and glad it gave a feel for the next film I didn't really like Davy Jones accent I thought he'd have an deep accent like Barbossa or Quint from Jaws not his Irish accent he had going on. I thought the Kraken would look like a giant squid or octopus but they still made it cool looking. The only other thing I didn't like was they left the dog.....

Jack wanted her to do it. He won her over..he was smiling about it. She was finally on his level and even death was worth keeping her there. He knew that he could have easily got away because he sailed off whilst the Kraken was attacking the ship. So he knew the kraken couldn't sense where he was....Liz also saw him get away. Jack knew that SHE knew they could have all escaped because she said "thanks for coming back" But he let her lie to him. She didnt do it for the others because she knew they could all get away with Jack on the boat., She did it for the thrill of being bad with Jack like a pirate. By the time the chance came up it was really overdue and that caused her to take it one step too far.

..It was like he would rather die than lose Elizabeth's new pirate nature .. If he talked her into unchaining him based on what they both knew, then that would mean she did a good deed..which makes her less of a pirate...which makes Jack's chances with her dissapear. So he said nothing and lapped up what she was doing to him. You could see the satisfaction on his face..he was loving it and so was she.

She must mean something more to him than just the average woman if he would rather die instead of saving his own skin like usual. That whole scene was very uncharacteristic of Jack..She's getting to him just as much as He's getting to her.

Also the dog will be back for sure. I think that he was ment to symbolize Jack in the movie. You dont know what becomes of him but you know you are going to see him again.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 24th, 2006 at 04:40 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:33 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

When I think of it..that whole whipping scene didn't have to be in the movie unless it's symbolising something thats going to happen to will in the next movie...perhaps at the hands of his father?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 04:51 PM
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

i think it was just showing how mean davey jones is.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 05:44 PM
brokenxxheart14 is currently offline Click here to Send brokenxxheart14 a Private Message Find more posts by brokenxxheart14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

thats true^^

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 05:52 PM
lady_captinjack
johnny's lil pirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
When I think of it..that whole whipping scene didn't have to be in the movie unless it's symbolising something thats going to happen to will in the next movie...perhaps at the hands of his father?
maybe it was showing what kind of relationship will and bootstrap are going to have. showing how much bootstrap care for will....idk

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 06:01 PM
lady_captinjack is currently offline Click here to Send lady_captinjack a Private Message Find more posts by lady_captinjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Or maybe that he will do something worse to him as an act of compassion later on?

EEEKK

doubt it though.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 06:02 PM
WickedWench

NOTHING! Seriously, the film was everything I wanted it to be and then some!! At first I was gutted that we didn`t see much of Tia Dalma. I thought she was an amazing new character and worthy of much more screen time than she got. But now I`ve realised that POTC2 was just an intro for her, and that she`s a major character in 3 - I`m a happy bunny! I love, love, love DMC!!!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:09 PM
WickedWench is currently offline Click here to Send WickedWench a Private Message Find more posts by WickedWench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote