KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The sea Goddess Calypso? (spoiler warning)

The sea Goddess Calypso? (spoiler warning)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

The sea Goddess Calypso? (spoiler warning)

just read this on wikipedia

quote:
It is said this film will show Will and Elizabeth teaming up with Barbossa to find and save Jack Sparrow. The love triangle is also to be resolved. Possible plot ideas have surfaced and say that Elizabeth is kidnapped by oriental pirate Sao Feng. Other people say Elizabeth may be the human version of the sea goddess Calypso-the former lover of Davy Jones. In fact Elizabeth is the second most likely person to be Calypso after Tia Dalma.

This is an interesting concept..LIz being the human form of Calypso, Davy's wife will Davy try to get her back? Or is it Tia? hmmmm

Also that must mean Davy has always looked like squid face...and he was to be married to a sea godess but she ran away?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:12 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne

This is an interesting concept..LIz being the human form of Calypso, Davy's wife will Davy try to get her back? Or is it Tia? hmmmm

Also that must mean Davy has always looked like squid face...and he was to be married to a sea godess but she ran away?

Yeah read that awhile back but I don't Davy Jones was as disgusting as he currently is. I think he's like the others over time growing more and more like a sea creature. So he may have had his octopus face before but I doubt he had other features like maybe he didn't have his claw

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:21 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

Hmm.......interesting.......another thing we may see in the trailors...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:43 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

wasn't calypso supposed to be the most irresistable and beautiful person/thing in mythology?
i guess it's possible that liz could be her, BUT TIA?! maybe tia dalma would be pretty if she washed her face or something. . . . . i can't really tell.

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:51 AM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

LOL!!^^

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:10 AM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

haha yea and brush her teeth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:47 AM
brokenxxheart14 is currently offline Click here to Send brokenxxheart14 a Private Message Find more posts by brokenxxheart14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

tia might wear her dirty body like a disguise. i personally think they cast someone young and beautiful for a reason- and dirtied her up to throw us off. they could have cast someone old and decrepit if that character was really meant to be that way. i think tia has the potential to be gorgeous if she were cleaned up a bit... which we may get to see in the next one. Plus, this way, she's more interesting. she's got a history and a story. she isnt just another annoying pretty face.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:25 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by jessigem
wasn't calypso supposed to be the most irresistable and beautiful person/thing in mythology?
i guess it's possible that liz could be her, BUT TIA?! maybe tia dalma would be pretty if she washed her face or something. . . . . i can't really tell.

Perhaps Tia made herself look that way to hide from Davy Jones

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:36 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

good thought! i like that.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:37 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Re: The sea Goddess Calypso? (spoiler warning)

Yeah I was reading that too. It is very hard to call. Like you said before, I believe Will and Elizabeth's relationship will mirror Davy's and his former loves. However their story will end on a better note (as in Will and liz reconcile.)

I do think that Tia has something to do with Calypso. Apparentely someone pointed out that both Tia and Davy have the same lockets?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:59 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by jessigem

The actress that plays Tia is very beautiful - so without her makeup she would be a beauty..

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 04:12 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by katelovespirate
tia might wear her dirty body like a disguise. i personally think they cast someone young and beautiful for a reason- and dirtied her up to throw us off. they could have cast someone old and decrepit if that character was really meant to be that way. i think tia has the potential to be gorgeous if she were cleaned up a bit... which we may get to see in the next one. Plus, this way, she's more interesting. she's got a history and a story. she isnt just another annoying pretty face.

Yeah and if they let her clean up - then maybe Will can notice how beautiful she is - she was very drawn to Will. That way we would have a way for Jack and Lizzie be together. I just wonder what she really meant when she said the Will had a certain destiny about him....Or maybe Tia will try to rekindle her relationship with Jack, thus bringing out the jealous streak in Elizabeth.....

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 04:15 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brokenxxheart14
don't touch my dirt

hah that would be good.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 04:22 AM
brokenxxheart14 is currently offline Click here to Send brokenxxheart14 a Private Message Find more posts by brokenxxheart14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I did classical civilisations at college as well as film and I learned alot about Greek Mythology.

I just remembered that Calypso (in greek mythology) does tend to go with mortal men..but... being a goddess she can never be controlled by them. If she went with another god then she would be controlled. Maybe thats why Davy cut his heart out..to make himself more like a sea god. which he kinda Is...

Now this is interesting because if it IS Elizabeth (in a scrip seo feng seems to think its her) then that would explain why she is turning so wild..and has always had this fascination with pirates and the lifestyle since childhood. She seems to be called to the sea as if its embedded deep with in her.

And if what the director says about Will mirrororing what happened with Davy Jones IS true..then It would make more sense if it IS Liz is Calypso in human form...Tia seems to think Will has a similar destiny to Davy..she also seems to know that Will's Liz is also becoming uncontrollable. (the hut scene)

But I agree too with the dirtied up Tia..as if its trying to throw us off the scent a bit. she seems to have lots of powers too that normal people dont have..She also has a hut on water...sea goddess/water..ya know..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 27th, 2006 at 11:12 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 11:01 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i think it would be really neat if Liz were it... BUT i would still put my money on it being Tia.

I also thing there is a likely chance of Liz and Will reconciling, meh... its seems to fit with the trilogy more. But There are still a billion reasons why she should be with Jack.

Yeah i think its Tia... and I think she is pretty dangerous and might wreak some havoc in the next one...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:24 PM
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by katelovespirate
i think it would be really neat if Liz were it... BUT i would still put my money on it being Tia.

I also thing there is a likely chance of Liz and Will reconciling, meh... its seems to fit with the trilogy more. But There are still a billion reasons why she should be with Jack.

Yeah i think its Tia... and I think she is pretty dangerous and might wreak some havoc in the next one...

I sure hope Callypso is Tia and not Elizabeth - that would be just too weird...I know you are probably right about Liz and Will. I should start preparing myself, but I can't keep fantasing about all the things that could transpire between Jack and Liz...

I've read many romance novels -course I know we are talking about Disney - but sometimes these love stories will start where the lead lady is in love with a good, honest man...then enters a dashing, seemingly dangerous stranger who turns her world upside down, who she is attracted to, flirts with, but still demands she still loves her first love...but then fate intervenes and she finally ends up with her one true love - the dashing stranger....
Sounds like our Captain Jack Sparrow

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:38 PM
Syren
dreaming

Re: The sea Goddess Calypso? (spoiler warning)

Also that must mean Davy has always looked like squid face...and he was
to be married to a sea godess but she ran away?

I definitely don't think it's Elizabeth, I'd be much more inclined to believe the Tia Dalma version. Simply because Davy Jones hasn't really shown an interest in Elizabeth whatsoever, there's no attraction to him (admittedly, he's a bit squiddy) or even comprehension of who he is on the part of Elizabeth, Tia Dalma has a similar locket and is, insofar as her human form can portray, quite mythical and supernatural.

On top of that, it just wouldn't be suitable for Elizabeth to turn out to be some kind of ancient goddess, or Davy's lost lover.

Oh yeah, and there's the odd feelings she's having regarding Sparrow. How do those fit into her being Calypso?

(Just my opinions, please feel free to argue against big grin )

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:50 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

But maybe disney are trying to make it look as if its Tia when its actually Liz. Tia is the obvious choice isnt she..

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:57 PM
Syren
dreaming

But Liz seems a really unlikely choice. I know this generally means it's the right choice but I also don't think it would work well with the storyline... even the most unlikely choices should have the potential to make a stunning finale. Liz being Calypso just doesn't suit a fantastic finish.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:00 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WickedWench

My money`s on Tia being Calypso - definately! She`s a major player in the third film and I reckon she`s gonna cause some fireworks! She`s beautiful enough too! OKay, she`s a bit slack on dental hygiene, granted, but other than that I think she`s ok! Of course, there could be some reason behind that black stuff in her gob! Something to do with a spell, or some kind of side effect of disguising herself .....

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:02 PM
WickedWench is currently offline Click here to Send WickedWench a Private Message Find more posts by WickedWench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote