KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Davy Jones

Davy Jones
Started by: Dr. Joke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

Davy Jones

We know that it is more than likely that Jones will die in the next film, but who will deliver the fatel blow?

I just hope that it isn't Norrington or Beckett or anybody like that and that Jones isn't forced to do anything humiliating like call Beckett 'Sir'.

Attachment: davylowreza[1].jpg
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:50 PM
Dr. Joke is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Joke a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Joke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

well, he and Jack apparently have an intense sword fight in the next film, in a crow's nest, no less, so maybe it will be Jack. Or Liz could do it. that would be kinda neat.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:55 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

It might be Will..Tia seems to think he has a destiny but Jack is the main charcter..and the one everyone will want to see be the true hero of the movie. he IS the true hero of the movie..

..Will's destiny seems to revolveing more around losing Elizabeth to the sea/free life just like Davy Lost his woman. That whole Tia hut scene suggested that will might be heading down the same path..

So my bets are on Jack doing it.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:56 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

Better Jack than Beckett.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:58 PM
Dr. Joke is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Joke a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Joke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
It might be Will..Tia seems to think he has a destiny but Jack is the main charcter..and the one everyone will want to see be the true hero of the movie. he IS the true hero of the movie..

..Will's destiny seems to revolveing more around losing Elizabeth to the sea/free life just like Davy Lost his woman. That whole Tia hut scene suggested that will might be heading down the same path..

Me too.....

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 11:59 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Originally posted by LovelyOne

haha
i'll tag that bet.

kate's crazy theory of the moment:

Jack is stuck at world’s end, and meets up with Jones, who has been sent there for lack of heart. Jack does off with Davy, and is thereby free to pursue Lizzie. Will loses his mind and becomes the new captain of the flying dutchman, whilst freeing his father. Liz gets kidnapped by the asian dude and frees herself with some clever persuasion. Will brings the flying dutchman to rescue her (why he became captn to begin with) only to find she is gone. Meanwhile, Liz runs into Jack's dad, who has heard she is the newest and most fearsome pirate in the waters. They get info about Beckett's impending attack, and attend a pirate council, while Liz learns major info about Jack's past from his dad. She is falling for him bad. Jack reconvenes with the Black pearl and learns lizzie was kidnapped, and steers the Pearl toward Singapore. The crew assumes he is going to save Liz, but in fact, he makes an aliance with the Asian dude and Tia Dalma, who has shown up there in the nick of time. Jack’s dad shows up and they all prepare to defend the pirate way, while Lizzie sails back to Port Royal to try to negotiate the cessation of hostilities. Norrington gets a hold of her and tells her to marry him or he will kill her dad. She refuses, thinking he is still good in there, but in fact he is pure evil and kills dad. Furious, she kills Norrington and goes after Beckett, who she kidnaps and brings back to Singapore. The EITC is assembled and keeps coming. Liz has an akward reunion with Jack, and she delivers Beckett up to him. Jack taunts him. Beckett bargains for his life by convincing Jack he knows how Jack can win lizzie forever. Jack is secretly intrigued. Beckett insights him to sink the flying Dutchman, and Jack departs to fulfill this mission, hoping it will win Elizabeth. Lizzie finds out and goes after him. Jack’s dad goes after them both. The black pearl crew goes after them all. The EITC shows up at Singapore and no one is there. Big battle on the water ensues where the flying Dutchman and Black Pearl are pitted against the armada of EITC. Will uses the kraken to destroy them all. He sets up a wedding on ship and he and liz are about to get married, when tia dalma turns into a goddess and gives Lizzie a choice: she can either wed Will and return to land, where she must stay, or she can take over Tia’s job as Calypso, so Tia can go be reunited with her lover at world’s end, dead Jones. The job entails acting piraty and sailing about with Jack. Liz makes the right choice. Will sails back to land to take over governorage of port royal, where his father is. Liz and Jack sail off into the sunset.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:11 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

This theory is rather good and must have taken an awful long time to type. Congratulations. thumb up

(But why is Jones killed off so soon? sad )

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:29 AM
tumalow2

i think that this will be in the middle of the movie the good guys will board his ship but before that is going on jack has an epic sword fight with davy and davy is about to kill jack but barbosa stabs him in the back thus reuniting our heroes. idk tho just a thought

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:15 AM
tumalow2 is currently offline Click here to Send tumalow2 a Private Message Find more posts by tumalow2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

The kraken isn't dead yet either so that'll pose a threat a big one still. In fact I don't see anyone fitting for the part of killing Jones they've made this thing where he was in love with someone and they haven't played it out much. I think at the end of the third film he'll become much more likable character you kind of see a compassionate side of him in the scene where jack is giving Will up to him. So I'm guessing we'll get more of a Doc Ock death like in spider-man2 where he'll die saving the woman he loves or something of the sort. Like he'll kill himself or kill the Kraken but gets himself killed in the process really as long as Barbossa doesn't die again I'll be happy.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:38 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

ooooooo good thoughts everyone. smile and no that didnt take me long to type i was just ramblin what sounded cool.
but we need to work in a sword fight between jack, liz, and will. that would be hott.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:40 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I want to see Jack do it. After all Davy spent the entire film trying to kill him and in the end Jack was eaten by the Kraken. And I doubt Jack "actually" kills him. You know it will be like the Curse of the Black Pearl. Jack fights Davy and Will stabs the heart killing Davy.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 02:58 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

or Davy joins the pirates to defeat the EITC and dies saving Jack

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:03 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Or dies being reunited with his lost lover.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:04 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah i can see that. poor guy. he needs to catch a break in this film. his lifestyle is SOOOOOOO depressing

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 03:07 AM
Syren
dreaming

I don't want to see Jones die a grisly death, I'd really like to see Will stab the heart so that he can release his father (and the other souls) from their fate, but I'd like to think that in stabbing Jones' heart it will also release him rather than end him... his soul could be set free to join with Calypso, his lost love. Perhaps Tia Dalma (who I think is Calypso) can resurrect him as she has Barbossa (and hopefully Sparrow).

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 12:59 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah its funny how no one should really be too afraid to die, since Tia can obviously bring them back.

Or perhaps, it is only Tia's old lovers that she can resurrect.

PS Jack and Liz are hott.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:29 PM
WickedWench

Originally posted by FG725
....as long as Barbossa doesn't die again I'll be happy.

One of the runours I`ve read is that he dies saving Jack`s life when the Krakken attacks a ship they are on ( not the Pearl )..... I`m with you - I hope that`s not true! I want to see Barbossa make it out of POTC 3 alive and kickin` !

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 01:41 PM
WickedWench is currently offline Click here to Send WickedWench a Private Message Find more posts by WickedWench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smaug
But why is the rum gone??

Yea, Barbossa RULES! he WILL NOT die in 3. he WONT... lol, but I hope Jack doesnt fall 4 lizzie. That'd be such an obvious ending... messed

yay! dirt, rum & apples 4eva!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 07:49 PM
Smaug is currently offline Click here to Send Smaug a Private Message Find more posts by Smaug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vegaofthelyre

Great theory katelovespirates! You really thought this through and it seems to make a lot of sense-- also it kinda fits in with some of the rumors/spoilers about potc3. I'm really keen on your idea of Will becoming the governor of Port Royal. and THAT way, they will stop cracking down and the pirates and what not, obviously Will is not going to persecute his friends(?) and ex fiancee hahah

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 08:11 PM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by WickedWench
One of the runours I`ve read is that he dies saving Jack`s life when the Krakken attacks a ship they are on ( not the Pearl )..... I`m with you - I hope that`s not true! I want to see Barbossa make it out of POTC 3 alive and kickin` !

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yeah I read that he might get ripped in half by the Kraken which would be lame since they just brought him back if they're gonna kill him again at least wait awhile erm till another film or something

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 08:26 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote