KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Jack and Liz vs. Will and Liz

Jack and Liz vs. Will and Liz
Started by: JaehSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Jack and Liz vs. Will and Liz

i dunno.. maybe make this an official thread....

anyway, who do you want? jack and liz or will and liz?

discuss and debate, but don't bash people's head off like a bunch of rabd fangirls/boys.... erm

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:25 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

judging by this site the majority want Jack/Liz

Some want Jack/Liz but think its going to be Will

Some are certain its going to be Jack/Liz based on loads of little hints in the movie.

very few are rooting for Will/Liz

I'm hoping Disney wont sell us out. I want them to go with Jack/Liz. If they didn't then a lot of people would be dissapointed..its like teasing hungry people with food and saying "no you cant have it!"

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:34 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I was watching one of the clips last night and watched an interview with Keira. Here is what she said:

"I think with Elizabeth she's got quite a lot darker (in the sequel). The relationship with Will has progressed, well, it starts falling apart, in a way. And the one with Jack Sparrow grows into something rather interesting."

I think Disney realized alot of people thought Jack and Elizabeth were going to be a couple in Pirates 1, but when that didn't happen - and they saw how the audience liked the idea, they decided to give us what we wanted. I know, I know, I could be wrong...but I really think Disney is going to let Jack and Elizabeth be the couple....

Will looks very angry driving that knife into Tia's table. I think he remembers his promise to get his father off of Davy Jones' ship. His determination in finding Jack - is not so much Jack, it's really the Black Pearl. He may feel they need the Black Pearl to rescue his father - I think Will may strike a Bargain with Barboosa - After everything that has happen, I can't see him and Jack being friends - they've never really been friends. - more like acquaintance as Will refered to it himself.
I think he's going to realize that Elizabeth wants Jack - deep down inside - and he will turn darker in this movie. Just as Tia has predicted.

But then again, who knows???

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:48 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I was watching one of the clips last night and watched an interview with Keira. Here is what she said:

"I think with Elizabeth she's got quite a lot darker (in the sequel). The relationship with Will has progressed, well, it starts falling apart, in a way. And the one with Jack Sparrow grows into something rather interesting."

I think Disney realized alot of people thought Jack and Elizabeth were going to be a couple in Pirates 1, but when that didn't happen - and they saw how the audience liked the idea, they decided to give us what we wanted. I know, I know, I could be wrong...but I really think Disney is going to let Jack and Elizabeth be the couple....

Will looks very angry driving that knife into Tia's table. I think he remembers his promise to get his father off of Davy Jones' ship. His determination in finding Jack - is not so much Jack, it's really the Black Pearl. He may feel they need the Black Pearl to rescue his father - I think Will may strike a Bargain with Barboosa - After everything that has happen, I can't see him and Jack being friends - they've never really been friends. - more like acquaintance as Will refered to it himself.
I think he's going to realize that Elizabeth wants Jack - deep down inside - and he will turn darker in this movie. Just as Tia has predicted.

But then again, who knows???

WOW interesting interview quote! Keira also said in an interview that she "thinks her character likes the grubby dread locked kind of man"

I also agree with you on the whole Will turning darker in the next movie..that Tia hut scene was very overshadowing and sinister..its kinda hinting what's going to happen.

The Will/Liz relationship is like stale bread man..you cant enjoy stale bread because it tastes like crap..

I cant see their relationship resolving if its already falling apart..that Kiss must have been a huge blow to an already crumbling relationship..

Its so true though about the first one..I was thinking.."yeah she ended up with Will..but Jack would have been more interesting and funny.." The will/Liz relationship had already run its course by the end of the first one..Its satisfying enough for one movie..but they are making TWO MORE...

the Jack/Liz however relationship is STILL on everyones mind even after this movie.. its the number one talking point..it hasn't run its course yet like the Liz/Will one has. Disney still has alot to play with in the Jack/Liz department..It will be a more satisfying ending for sure if they pair up.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 28th, 2006 at 03:08 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:59 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i love you all. you make me happy. smile

i love that interview! hahaha. of course kiera would say something like that. she is so cheeky. i love that her character is getting darker. far more interesting. better for everyone, really.

you know, something i havent really thought about, because i underestimate will a lot:
Perhaps he was trying out a piraty nature in the last scene when he suggests going to get Jack. Because this was right after Tia gave him the hint that with the Pearl, he could rescue his father. So right now, the pearl is his only hope of fulfilling his oath.
BUT he doesnt want to sound heartless to everyone, so he candy-coats his "saving the pearl" scheme with a "saving Jack scheme."

He knows that way he can get the exceptional crew to help him do what he couldnt do alone... get the pearl. and by appealing to their sensitivity for Jack.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:10 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

i like will and liz no matter how i like jack...

and come on... some debate here.. erm *count me out big grin*

don't dissapoint me poeple.. erm

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:15 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

oh i have been debating on various threads for many days now...

and my conclusions are this:
1. i want jack and liz to end up together. it makes sense, its hott, and it fits with the feel of the film.
2. i actually think there is a strong possibility it wont happen. no matter how convincing the arguments get, i am still split right down the middle on what i actually think will happen.
3. the movie will be great no matter what
4. i will be disappointed if liz and jack dont work out.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:22 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

we all know that it's going to be Will/Tia and Barbossa/Liz it's just sooooo obvious stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:22 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirate4Life

yeah right... lol

Join the HENRY club!!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:23 PM
Pirate4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Pirate4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Pirate4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

haha thats the best sense i have heard in a while. clear as glass. but you forgot to mention the Jack/monkey pairng... LOL jk

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:23 PM
LovelyOne

The critics would most certainly bash the decision of a Will/Liz ending...it will be like "oh Disney" roll eyes (sarcastic) you had the chance to end it on a bang..but you BLEW IT

I also think that Disney were a bit...uncertain about a Jack/ Liz pairing because of the debate they had over the kiss being in there... they must have realised "HEY star wars did it and it was well liked by the audience, so we can get away with it too"

Its a far more interesting relationship...I'm sorry but its true..The very fact that its the most talked about moment in the film shows us that its the most promising relationship to continue..people find it more interesting

When I watched it I was like.."Yeh Will...Liz..its the same old same old".I was actually REALLY relieved when Will found a new purpose in the movie..His dad..i thought it was far more interesting..It kept me interested in Will..but if he was just thinking of Liz throughout the movie I would have gotten tired of his character a bit..Just like I would have if Liz was only interested in Will...the two characters suddenly have much more purpose in the story now that their priorities are changing.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 28th, 2006 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:37 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by LovelyOne
The critics would most certainly bash the decision of a Will/Liz ending...it will be like "oh Disney" roll eyes (sarcastic) you had the chance to end it on a bang..but you BLEW IT

I also think that Disney were a bit...uncertain about a Jack/ Liz pairing because of the debate they had over the kiss being in there... they must have realised "HEY star wars did it and it was well liked by the audience, so we can get away with it too"

they did get away with it...

but brought up 2 factions>> will and liz fans and jack and liz fans...

maybe they'd make jack liz's brother too.. laughing out loud stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:48 PM
katelovespirate

Originally posted by LovelyOne

Its a far more interesting relationship...I'm sorry but its true..The very fact that its the most talked about moment in the film shows us that its the most promising relationship to continue..people find it more interesting

When I watched it I was like.."Yeh Will...Liz..its the same old same old".I was actually REALLY relieved when Will found a new purpose in the movie..His dad..i thought it was far more interesting..It kept me interested in Will..but if he was just thinking of Liz throughout the movie I would have gotten tired of his character a bit..Just like I would have if Liz was only interested in Will...the two characters suddenly have much more purpose in the story now that their priorities are changing.

yes absolutely. the critics. love em. they would certainly have a hay day if things ended typically disney.
like we keep saying, Jack is the money of this film. give him what he wants.
yeah i mean, liz was okay in the 1st film, but once she started hanging out with Jack, she got MUCH more interesting.
The only times i like Will in the 2nd one is when he is with Jack.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 04:27 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
they did get away with it...

but brought up 2 factions>> will and liz fans and jack and liz fans...

maybe they'd make jack liz's brother too.. laughing out loud stick out tongue

laughing out loud that would be disturbing..

They cant do that cuz of the first PotC where their blood didnt match..They have said they are bringing in a Will/Davy simerlarity this might split it up. It might be where Will realises that if he continues with liz its going to be an unhappy future..Tia seemd t pick up on this whole overshadowing, sinister Destiny of Will..Which could be cutting his heart out like Davy over the loss of Liz. but that would piss off the Will/Liz fans..but they DO only make a small fraction of the audience..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 28th, 2006 at 04:40 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 04:36 PM
katelovespirate

^^^^ smile

Disney HAS to make someone mad in all this. they crossed a line (which IMO was great) put themselves in a tough spot and now they are going to have to make people mad. nothing like a good controversy to sell tickets, though Jack sells them anyways. smile

i'm concerned about Disney's ability to know what the public wants, as it has been using the same old formula for decades, and frankly, we all KNOW it is getting old.

Secretly, i think Will/Liz fans might even be slightly disappointed if things worked out all peachy... where is the fun or thrill in that?

But anyways, as i keep saying, they have a lot of explaining to do in the next one. We will probably start to see from the first minute who is going to get her, because they will have to explain away the other character from the very beginning.

all the actors are making comments about how this has grown from just a fun little movie to something artistic and darker. hopefully that means relationships will land away from where everyone thought they would originally.

whatever happens, IMO whoever Liz goes with, she will have to be free to choose with a clear conscsience in order for the movie to have a satisfying feel to it. that means a clean, friendly break with the other person. frankly, i cant see that happening with either of them.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 04:49 PM
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by katelovespirate
^^^^ smile

Disney HAS to make someone mad in all this. they crossed a line (which IMO was great) put themselves in a tough spot and now they are going to have to make people mad. nothing like a good controversy to sell tickets, though Jack sells them anyways. smile

i'm concerned about Disney's ability to know what the public wants, as it has been using the same old formula for decades, and frankly, we all KNOW it is getting old.

Secretly, i think Will/Liz fans might even be slightly disappointed if things worked out all peachy... where is the fun or thrill in that?

But anyways, as i keep saying, they have a lot of explaining to do in the next one. We will probably start to see from the first minute who is going to get her, because they will have to explain away the other character from the very beginning.

all the actors are making comments about how this has grown from just a fun little movie to something artistic and darker. hopefully that means relationships will land away from where everyone thought they would originally.

whatever happens, IMO whoever Liz goes with, she will have to be free to choose with a clear conscsience in order for the movie to have a satisfying feel to it. that means a clean, friendly break with the other person. frankly, i cant see that happening with either of them.

I agree. It was Disney who introduced and seduced us all into the whole concept of Liz and Jack being together. I always secretly yearned for it in Pirates 1 but thought it was just me....but then when Disney acts on it in Pirates 2 and I'm seeing all the other opinions similar to mine - I know I'm not crazy. The chemistry between Johnny and Keira on screen is phenomenal. I know she is a lot younger than him - but in hollywood age doesn't always seem to matter. On screen, to me, she comes across being in her early twenties and Jack being in his early to mid-thirties, so in movieland they are only 10 to 15 years apart. Not that strange for the 1700's at'll.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:49 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I wonder if they were testing what the audience thought of Jack/Liz together with the first one.. Its like they gave us a little glimpse, alot of people seemed to like the idea..so they took it a step further with the next...alot of people like the idea even more now..so I hope they continue it again..I'm sure alot of people do too.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:54 PM
lovethemtigers

Jack and Liz vs. Will and Liz:

Banana Split with all the toppings vs. Plain Vanilla Ice Cream
8 oz. Juicy Steak vs. SPAM
Honolulu, Hawaii vs. Waco, Texas
Paris, France vs. Lincoln, Nebraska
Space Mountain Ride vs. Dumbo
Walt Disney World vs. Neighborhood Carnival

I mean if you wanted excitement and you could chose,
having either one was at your fingertips - which would you choose
Me, personally
Honolulu, Hawaii, Banana Split, 8 oz. Juicy Steak, Space Mountain, Walt Disney World and Paris, France (maybe we could run into Johnny)

LOL

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:55 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I don't think Jack should get Elizabeth. After all Jack is suppose to be the great pirate. Having Elizabeth would take away from his character.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:59 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I sure hope Disney knows what will make them the biggest boxoffice smash of all time with Pirates 3 and that's giving the audience what it wants - It is "Pirates of the Caribbean" after all, a movie that has already broken the usual Disney Mold.....The most daring Disney Movie of all time, with the most intriguing character of all time set in a very romantic time period - just seems so aniticlimatic to go back to Will.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 06:59 PM