KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » What do you think?

Will Jack betray Liz in the future?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes...he's a ladies man! 8 32.00%
No...he loves her too much for that! 17 68.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What do you think?
Started by: Jacky Sparrow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

Question What do you think?

If Jack and Liz will come together, will Jack later in the future betray Liz with another woman? What do you think?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 03:55 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

No. If they get together, they are staying together. I saw this on wikipedia. It's from the novelization of the second movie.

Jack considers himself a ladies' man, explaining that he has a, "tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature." However, he is seemingly unable to commit to a long-term relationship, although Elizabeth Swann seems to be the first woman Jack is unable to forget. Interestingly, in the novelization of the second film, Jack tells Elizabeth that he likes marriage because it is, "like a wager to see who will fall out of love first."

He's not leaving her any time soon.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 04:04 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

yes, I see it the same way...but everyone tells me that he will never stop going after other girls because it's just his character...but in my opinion he has changed or better he is in changing and I don't think that they have realised that!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 04:43 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

hey!! not just voting sad...I want a comment why!!!!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 05:02 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

ok I voted he loves her too much cause the reason he really runs off with ladies is that it's his personality BUT it's also cause he's a lonelt man with no one to love really..so if he has some one to love who loves him back what perpose be served betraying her and ruining the greatest thing he has going on for him? cause cause despite what it may seem jack REALLY DOES think before he acts more than anyone else in the movie so...

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 05:09 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
No. If they get together, they are staying together. I saw this on wikipedia. It's from the novelization of the second movie.

Jack considers himself a ladies' man, explaining that he has a, "tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature." However, he is seemingly unable to commit to a long-term relationship, although Elizabeth Swann seems to be the first woman Jack is unable to forget. Interestingly, in the novelization of the second film, Jack tells Elizabeth that he likes marriage because it is, "like a wager to see who will fall out of love first."

He's not leaving her any time soon.

thats really beautiful. thats such a jack thing to say.

jack likes to win at games, so i reckon if he and lizzie did get together (big grin) they would stay together. i would actually consider it more likely for HER to cheat on HIM... lol...

And i think EVERYONE has trouble committing to a long-term relationship until they meet the RIGHT ONE and then a long-term relationship makes perfect sense and is much easier.

so going along with all the "destiny" and "fate" stuff, if its meant to be for Liz and Jack, its going to last.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 05:10 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

yes... I think so! With the right person it could last forever!

and who voted against it now and why???? I'm curious! big grin

Last edited by Jacky Sparrow on Sep 17th, 2006 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 05:14 PM
CaptinJackLover

ditto! oh and jacky ilove ur siggy!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 06:28 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

I did. But only because I want Elizabeth to end up with Will so I'm trying to make myself think Jack wouldn't be right for her lol.

*Prepares to be attacked by Jack/Elizabeth rooters*

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 06:36 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

no, you can say that and I'm not angry...I just want to know some arguments....for or against jack!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 06:39 PM
CaptinJackLover

why do you wnat them together??

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 06:55 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

whom do you mean??

me: jack-liz

or

leggy: will-liz

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:11 PM
CaptinJackLover

leggy.

im all for Jack/Liz so i dont need any one to explain the reaosns they are going to be together big grin

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:12 PM
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Well I just like them together. And I like Will and think he's so sweet. I obviously love Jack too, but I like him as a free pirate and everything.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:20 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

oh well i guess thats ok...i dont want get in an argument with you cuz i get wayyy out of hand. lol

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:25 PM
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Haha ok. And yeah I don't really need to hear about people saying they want Jack and Elizabeth together 'cause I've heard it way too many times on here lol.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:54 PM
katelovespirate

guys seriously, Jack is like, immortal. whether he gets the girl or not he will be the best character of all times. nothing will change that.

honestly, if liz and jack ended up together, that would be flipping hott. it would be a beautiful, unexpected, un-disney and very exciting end.

if liz and will ended up together, it would still be great. they would learn to work through their issues and trust each other again. It would be cliche but also sweet. we would probably see both characters grow a lot.

i just think, either way its going to be great.

i just dont think Jack's character is dependent on another character to make him cool... ya know?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 08:16 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

yeah it would be great with Liz and Will but i dont think it would work...i htink if Liz doenst get Jack she shouldnt get anybody, Liz wouldnt deserve Will after she pretty much cheated on him iwth Jack. I would feel bad for him if they ended up together

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 08:26 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

hey, we get off topic! not who would be nice, that's not the question!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 09:52 PM
LovelyOne

Well we have to think of Jack. He would never betray her by leaving her to die..he almost did that in movie 2 He would have gone back anyway I think but because Liz was there we suddenly see him transform and become a hero in that kind of situation..she made him all the more brave there, Jack from movie 1 would have never taken responsibility head on like that..the kraken being there was his fault..and he stood up to it like a man and all because of Liz.

Jack.he only ever trades people when he thinks he has everything under control..and he thinks he's going to see them again

Apparently in movie 3 he does trade her but this is to get back at Will who basically stabs him in the back right away as soon as he comes back..he wants to put Jack on Sao Feng's ship and he's gonna leave ihim there to die just so he can have the pearl and keep Liz away fromJack who he thinks "cant ever love a woman"..so yeah I'm guessing Jack's pissed...he kills 2 birds with one stone..he gets Liz away from Will..and als prevents hiim from stealing the pearl to save his dad.. so Jack puts her on Sao Feng's ship for a week expecting to find her at "shipwreck cove" when she's handed back over..but whilst on the ship Norrington and the EITC kidnap her

Later when he finds she's missing from where he thought she was safe..Its probably going to hit him hard and he wont ever do that to her again..he wont ever treat her as leverage again. He cares too damn much for her...he needs to learn how to be the best man for her and needs that kind of wakeup call IMO..He's learned that he cant bare to leave her to die to save his own skin...now he's got to learn to STOP threatening her as leverage to save his own skin.and this will be a lesson to him me thinks when he finds out she's gone..

He's gotta learn somehow and with Jack...it always seems to happen when hes actually faced with the situation..when he actually feels the emotions.

I say this because of the thing with the Jar of Dirt and the actual heart and how it overshadows what happens to Liz in the movies..when Jck rescues it from that baddie etc, he wins it over..and thats the ending of movie 2..but then there's more where Will gets knocked out with an oar.and Jack puts the heart where he thinks its safe in the Jar or dirt..His reaction to the heart being gone (kidnapped by Norrington/EITC ) from where he thought it was safe..tells all..he's going to want nothing more than have Liz back safe in his arms for good once he realizes she's missing..

I also think they did this because they are going to set it up where Liz slaps him laughing out loud..and everyone will be thinking "oh look he cant even hold on to her" WAIT AND SEE..he will laughing out loud

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 17th, 2006 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 10:07 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote