KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Awe's Bittersweet ending! Spoilers?

Awe's Bittersweet ending! Spoilers?
Started by: sailorleo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

Awe's Bittersweet ending! Spoilers?

the bitter part...jack can't continue pirating b/c of the EITC....(it's essentially the end of piracy)

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:54 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

yip could be!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:59 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

no matter what he will always be a pirate by heart.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:12 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

yepp! i will love him even if he does stop piracy...he will never lose that part of him

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:22 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

He can go into something else illegal. It's the era of bootlegging!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:24 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

poor Jack. he better not!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:24 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

he could kidnap me!! he could start being illegal there!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:29 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

But guys you know what, Jack doesn't seem like your typical pirate...I think he likes to think of himself of a pirate...but he's not a nasty Pirate like Barbossa...Jack likes to think of himself as a man of his word...consider his conversation with Barbossa in the cabin on the Pearl...and the way he tells Will "have I ever given you any reason not to trust me." I've never really witness Jack do anything really, really devious....except maybe stealing the peices of jewelry lying around Tia's hut, or the way he tricks Will onto the Flying Dutchman, but even that....he has a plan...I don't think he intends to leave Will to perish on the Flying Dutchman...and I don't think he actually ever intended to trade the 99 innocent souls for his life...plus, he was nowhere near 99 souls on the Pearl...I think he was trying to buy time in hopes of finding the chest and controlling Davy Jones' heart....but, the problem was the compass wasn't working for him..so finding the heart of Davy Jones was not what he wanted most in this world....

Anyways, back to the bittersweet ending...that is so true Saliorleo...it must be that Piracy is coming to an end, "we are witnessing the end of an era"...so Jack must chose a place in the new world, or perish...

Ah, that is sad and bittersweet....but Jack will always be a "pirate" at heart.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:31 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

There's no sweet part to this bittersweet ending theory......

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:34 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

well all you jack liz shippers would obviously have it as....

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:35 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

it wont be only the end of pirates but the end of eitc. i dont think no one will win. but who knows maybe it could mean the end of the war between pirates and eitc. hopefully it will end by becketts death. im just trying to make guesses not to sound so negative.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:50 PM
lovethemtigers

Oh yes, It has to be where Jack kills Beckett - either in self defense or to protect someone else he truly cares about.....I think it would be hot to see either Jack or Liz do something - an act of courage that would show how much the other means to them...by like..Jack throwing himself in front of a bullet meant for LIz..or vice versa...but they live...I dont' want any of the main characters dieing...that means Jack, Liz, Will, Norrie, Mr. Gibbs, Pintel, Ragetti, Marty and Mr. Cotton...anyone else could die...and it wouldn't really effect the way I'll feel about the movie...but I would hate to lose any of these characters....well, with the exception of Will..just kidding.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:54 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Again, so how do we know it's a bittersweet ending? Was their an article or interview where Gore, Terry, Ted or Jerry suggests this? Just curious...I know I've heard it, just don't remember where.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:55 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

i think so...i remember reading somthing about it on the forum somewhere...

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:56 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

i believe this time liz will get to be the one who doges the bullet(if that bullet thing ever happens) bc jack save her many times. and this would e also a turning point in his life. and this is when jacks feelings will be tested again.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 12:19 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Guys, we can find the answer in history. What happened after the pirate era? Revolutions! Lots of revolutions! The world was a playhouse back in the 1700s, worlds being colonized, rebellions, inventions and new ideas...Jack will find a place to be a pirate and have his adventures. Remember it's freedom he loves, not necessarily being a pirate. And he can always sail since he does love the sea.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:33 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

thats the spirit!

so true to! The only reason Jack really became a pirate was becasue he wanted to be free and the only way he could make a profit while being free was to be a pirate....If he had any other job he wouldnt be free...he would be stuck under somebody's rule.and thats not what he wanted....so really he isnt a bad person, all he wnated was freedom and thats the only choice he had, maybe thats what Liz thought, and thats why she saw the good man in him, because she didnt think of being apirate as bad. She thought it was for people who wanted freedom!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 03:15 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

exactly, ..look at my quote in my sig..Jack needs to change or he will perish..and WHAT do we see him change for in movie 2? ELIZABETH..

"Jack must find his place in the new world or perish. Not unlike you, Mister Turner. You and
your fiancee face the hangman's noose." - Beckett

Will/Liz being together is a NO NO too!

bittersweet endings for all

Jack may have to give up piracy to some extent (selfish theif) but he'll probably remain a free spirit..but the sweet part is gaining what he wants most in this world. ELIZABETH

Will is going to give up Liz..but the sweet part is gaining the one thing he wanted in his life BEFORE Liz even came into it

Elizabeth will give up Will..but the sweet part is gaining the one thing she wanted before she even met Will a PIRATE..Jack IS what she wants most in this world according to the compass big grin

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 12:49 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 12:46 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I wouldnt be so sure about the reason Jack took up piracy..I dont think it was to be "free"...I think there is something deeper we are going to learn about why he took up a life where he doesnt have to have responsibility for anyone but himself..people only do that when they are AFRAID of taking responsibilty for someone..I think Jack feels he cant be strong enough for her (well he overcame THAT little obstacale lol)..the main issue in movie 2 was about him being afraid to take Liz as an oblgation in his life..

He helped rescue 99 slaves from Beckett. THEN got branded a pirate meaning he gave up working for him and then got fired basically....why all of a sudden has he given up being brave and responsible (saving 99 slaves) to take on a life where he doesnt have to care for people?..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 12:56 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 12:51 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
exactly, ..look at my quote in my sig..Jack needs to change or he will perish..and WHAT do we see him change for in movie 2? ELIZABETH..

"Jack must find his place in the new world or perish. Not unlike you, Mister Turner. You and
your fiancee face the hangman's noose." - Beckett

Will/Liz being together is a NO NO too!

bittersweet endings for all

Jack may have to give up piracy to some extent (selfish theif) but he'll probably remain a free spirit..but the sweet part is gaining what he wants most in this world. ELIZABETH

Will is going to give up Liz..but the sweet part is gaining the one thing he wanted in his life BEFORE Liz even came into it

Elizabeth will give up Will..but the sweet part is gaining the one thing she wanted before she even met Will a PIRATE..Jack IS what she wants most in this world according to the compass big grin

This makes so much sense....and yes, jack - the sea and sailing are freedom to him....remember when Beckett tells Will that Jack can work for the EITC...and Will says "I hardly think Jack will consider employment by England the same as freedom" or something to that degree...don't remember the exact wording....

here it is: This conversation between Beckett and Turner is very telling and has meaning between the line clues as to what is going to happen.

LORD CUTLER BECKETT
The East India Trading Company has need
of your services. We wish for you to
act as our agent in a business transaction
with our mutual friend: Captain Sparrow.

WILL TURNER
More acquaintance than friend. How do
you know him?

LORD CUTLER BECKETT
We've had dealings in the past. And
we've each left our mark... on the other.

WILL TURNER
What mark did he leave on you?

LORD CUTLER BECKETT
By your efforts Jack Sparrow was set
free. I would like you to go to him,
and recover a certain property in his
possession.

WILL TURNER
Recover. At the point of a sword?

LORD CUTLER BECKETT
*Bargain*!

[Beckett goes over to a wooden box on a table and opens it]

LORD CUTLER BECKETT
Letters of Marque. You will offer what
amounts to a full pardon. Jack will
be free, a privateer in the employ of
England.

WILL TURNER
Somehow I doubt Jack will consider employment
the same as being free.

LORD CUTLER BECKETT
Freedom. Jack Sparrow is a dying breed.
The world is shrinking, the blank pages
of the map filled in. Jack must find
his place in the new world or perish.
Not unlike you, Mister Turner. You and
your fiancée face the hangman's noose.

WILL TURNER
So you get both Jack *and* the Black
Pearl.

LORD CUTLER BECKETT
The Black Pearl?

WILL TURNER
The property you want that he possesses.

LORD CUTLER BECKETT
A ship? Hardly. The item in question's
considerably smaller and far more valuable.
Something Sparrow keeps on his person
at all times. A compass. Ah, you know
it. Bring back that Compass, or there's
no deal.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 01:01 PM