KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » What Norrington wanted most

What Norrington wanted most
Started by: sccch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nanami_XIV

Shocked What Norrington wanted most

In DMC,we learned that Jack's compass 'points to the thing you want most in this world.'
In the 1st movie,Norrington opens Jack's compass,and it was pointed at Jack.

Do you really think that catching pirates was the thing he wanted most in the WORLD?

The compass didn't spin or anything. Which is odd because I thought it would move between Jack and Lizz. Which is between catching pirates or love.Sad,he mainly cared about catching pirates than Elizabth.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:06 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Yeah, it is weird and slightly sad that it pointed at Jack. But, one could say that justice is what he wants most. In his mind, all pirates are bad and just make the world dangerous and injust for law-abiding people, which is mostly true. So you could say what he wants most in the world is for it to be a safe, fair place, which isn't pathetic.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:16 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

in the first movie they didnt have the compass pointing to what you wanted most, so i dont think that it was jack that he wanted most

www.myspace.com/deesse_de_lune
come on now...don't be shy! add me!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:17 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

Well in CotBP the compass was supposed to point to the treasure,.. or was it pointing to the Pearl all along????

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:18 AM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

It was pointing towards the Pearl I beleive.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:19 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i think the compass takes a few seconds to work. Norri just popped it open for like one second... it didnt have time to switch from what Jack wanted to what Norri wanted.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:21 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

So that means at that moment the Pearl was "behind" Jack,... But in the movie it shows up infont of where Jack stood,...

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:21 AM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i think the compass takes a few seconds to work. Norri just popped it open for like one second... it didnt have time to switch from what Jack wanted to what Norri wanted.

He fliped it open and said with it still open, 'A compass that doesn't point north.'
He was holding it in his hand and moving it a little,and while he said that,the camera stayed on the compass and when he moved the compass slightly,it would point back at Jack.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:33 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I still think it's my justice theory. The man is a firm believer in do good, good things should happen to you. Do bad, bad things should happen to you. That's why he's so desperate for his job back. He can't do good as a pirate! Not in his mind anyway. I don't think he sees taking the heart back to the EITC as wrong. I don't think he's figured out they're bad yet.
I think the compass instantly works. Notice how quickly it works when it's placed in Liz's hands. Norrington holds it for at least that same amount of time.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:36 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

true

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 02:37 AM