KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Why does no one notice this? (about Will)

Why does no one notice this? (about Will)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

Why does no one notice this? (about Will)

People keep telling me that Will could never hurt Liz if he had a moment of pure hatred/jealousy and selfishness run through him

well why not?

why does no one notice this really telling moment in his character?

He doesnt seem to care how many hundreds of people will DIE if he stabs the heart and the Kraken remains on the loose..He's turning into a selfish SOB who could care less for anyone else but his father and himself...meaning he would probably kill Elizabeth in an instant if she stood in the way of him gainig what he wants most.

Heck even Liz seems to notice how Will doesn't seem to care..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMIt04kheN4

Jack has had his most dishonorable moment in the story

So has Elizabeth

Will's time is due..and its been saved till the very last chapter for a reason..It's going to be the most climactic one out of them all I think. as the story moves the dishonorable moments get worse/more selfish as each character does one.

"you have a touch of DESTINY about you "William Turner" - Tia Dalma

"what vexes(angers) all men?" - William Turner

*Tia smiles knowingly, touches Will's hand and says*

"what INDEED?"

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:40 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

notice what? there's nothing here....

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:41 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

That Will doesnt care how many people die as long as he gets what he wants

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:41 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

oh n/m

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:45 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

IMO...I think that was just a moment of inpulse....i dont think he realized he was putting other ppl in danger....i really dont think he meant it deliberately!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:50 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

yes he does..he's seen what the kraken can do...he was on a ship himself when it destroyed it

Jack is going to die and he doesnt care..and its going to be flying around attacking ships if its not under control.Will listens to this..he knows it..and he shows no care what so ever..he only wants to save his dad..he could care less how many people die for it.

he even suggests that they all turn around and face the kraken/Davy because his dads no there..thats facing certain death for everyone on the pearl and he knows it

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:51 PM
mythe

I disagree.. I don' t remember on which site but in an interview, Orlando
himself said he was going to become more darker in the 3.
ok, he didn' t say it like that but it means the same.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:57 PM
mythe is currently offline Click here to Send mythe a Private Message Find more posts by mythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hazel1
Yo MOMMA!!!!!!

How do i put a picture in my sig?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:58 PM
hazel1 is currently offline Click here to Send hazel1 a Private Message Find more posts by hazel1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

um, use the custom signature uploader on your edit profile page

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:59 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

It's in his character that when he is so set on something he doesnt care who dies..

They said in movie 1 "Its interesting how the first death in the movie is at the hands of Will"

Will hates pirates so much before he "befriends Jack" that he was willing to Kill him and he probably would have because in his mind he is so set on disliking them that he doesnt care who he kills..if it looks like a pirate, moves like a pirate..kill it..he doesnt even give them a chance

He has that really bad habbit of being TOO set on doing things..he's quite over the top actually..he only really listens to himself and what he wants most..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 10:59 PM
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mythe
I disagree.. I don' t remember on which site but in an interview, Orlando
himself said he was going to become more darker in the 3.
ok, he didn' t say it like that but it means the same.

who are you disagreeing with here? lol confused

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:01 PM
mythe

I agree with you Lovely One but not with Sailor Leo.

I must say I have trouble with the comments of the producers, directors and so on... but when I listen to "Miss Swann, I' m a bit more reassured!... that Elisabeth and Jack Sparrow will be together.

By the way, did you see the look on Will' s face when he asked Liz
"where is Jack?" SO COLD (and hatred in the future?)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:02 PM
mythe is currently offline Click here to Send mythe a Private Message Find more posts by mythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by mythe
I agree with you Lovely One but not with Sailor Leo.

I must say I have trouble with the comments of the producers, directors and so on... but when I listen to "Miss Swann, I' m a bit more reassured!... that Elisabeth and Jack Sparrow will be together.

By the way, did you see the look on Will' s face when he asked Liz
"where is Jack?" SO COLD (and hatred in the future?)

yay thank god someone agree's with me big grin

what do you mean trouble with what the producers say etc?? am a tad confused again lol

yes i did see that look on his face..thats not a look of hurt its a look of warning and anger IMO..Liz looked a bit afraid actually..

Towards the end I was like "what is that thumping? it sounds like a heart beating..or a clock ticking down to something climactic"

then It cuts to Will silently throwing a knife repeatedly at a table..if I was sitting there..and a man I didnt know was throwing a knife at a table like that..I would leave..because I would fear for my saftey

If I knew I had pissed that man off in some way..and he was throwing a knife repeatedly at a table..I would run the hell away from him for my life.

Liz doesnt know he saw the kiss..remember that..smile

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:11 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

yup obviously he saw the kiss.

notice that after will sees liz crying...thats when he starts to say "if theres anything that we can do to bring jack back" then looks at liz and mentions her name.. why did he mention her name?

i wonder why he said her name, then notice how tia suddenly interrupted.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:14 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

The whole hating pirates thing was ok b4 cause that was b4 he knew his father was a pirate and that he himself is a pirate. But now if he hates them enough to want to kill them then that would be hypocritical of him! so i dont think he'll kill Jack or any pirate on that account!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:15 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

yes.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:18 PM
PIRATES=SEX is currently offline Click here to Send PIRATES=SEX a Private Message Find more posts by PIRATES=SEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

it depends if they are in his way to get what he wants he will kill them. Hes a little hard headed and is trying too hard to be good but hes ending being worse really, without even noticing.

all that scene that he made at the hut "if theres anything that we could do to bring him back" it was really like a show for liz and the crew to proove that he is willing to save a friend, but unfortunetly is to get the pearl back to get his father! And if jack is dead that would be a bonus for will bc hes gonna get liz and his dad.

i feel really bad talking about wills character lol hes just going through alot of shit.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:24 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by PirateDiva
The whole hating pirates thing was ok b4 cause that was b4 he knew his father was a pirate and that he himself is a pirate. But now if he hates them enough to want to kill them then that would be hypocritical of him! so i dont think he'll kill Jack or any pirate on that account!

that still doesnt give him the right to murder people when he doesnt know what kind of person they are..just because he hates pirates.

He threw an axe into the back of a man without a care in the world..cuz he moved and looked like a pirate..that could have been anyone it was dark..smoke was everywhere..them man was only running along..he wasnt doing anything to anyone really..

Yes the man was a "bad man"..but Will doesnt know this

so that means, when he saw Jack..he was probably going to murder him because he looks and moves like a pirate..its a "thing" to him who is incapable of human emotion and thought . He says "so when I meet a pirate I can kill it Jack is a good man..will doesnt know this and will doesnt care.

and in movie 3..apparently will says

"I wont watch her give her heart to a man who has none"

bull shit! laughing out loud

Liz told him that he stayed behind for them all..and for all Will knows thats why she kissed him

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 22nd, 2006 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:32 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by Chiki Mina
it depends if they are in his way to get what he wants he will kill them. Hes a little hard headed and is trying too hard to be good but hes ending being worse really, without even noticing.

all that scene that he made at the hut "if theres anything that we could do to bring him back" it was really like a show for liz and the crew to proove that he is willing to save a friend, but unfortunetly is to get the pearl back to get his father! And if jack is dead that would be a bonus for will bc hes gonna get liz and his dad.

i feel really bad talking about wills character lol hes just going through alot of shit.

I Know He is! But like it was mentioned b4 there is something Shady about Will....and yes ur right about the whole him putting on the little show....he dosent care about JACK he wants the Pearl...and it was only after Tia Dalhma said her little speech to him about i know u wanted the Pearl cause it would have help u with rescuing ur father and stuff that he thought about it! ANd he came to the conclusion that wherever Jack is the Pearl is sure to be...so he put on the little act....good eye Chiki Mina that slipped me too!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:33 PM
mythe

Thank u Chiki Mina!! I was just on another topic asking why Will was still willing to help Elisabeth (If theres anything that we could do to bring him back) and I have my answer now.

It isn' t possible he is that naive, is he?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:36 PM