KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » For anyone who has read the leaked script

For anyone who has read the leaked script
Started by: Mistypirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Question For anyone who has read the leaked script

Almost at the end of the script, What do you think it means when Jack says; I would rather stab the heart or something similar to that? this is the part where he is sword fighting duffus boy and they are having a conversation about life being hard, that sort of thing?

I don't know why but, i have a bad feeling about this line. sad confused

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 10:21 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Not sure...but I'm not paying attention to that leaked script...because it is a peice of crap..and there is no way the final movie that we see in May will even closely resemble this....so whatever you read - don't pay any attention to it is my advice.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 10:24 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

speaking of the leaked script... big grin... does ANYONE still have it saved? or have a link that works? i am dying to read it but the myspace with it was shut down... is it somewhere else? do you guys have it???

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 11:04 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

i have it!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 11:21 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Ok evilmonki3 so how can i get a copy from u....i'm dying to read it!! PLLLLLLEEEAAASSEEE help a fellow fanatic out!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 11:30 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 11:35 PM
PIRATES=SEX is currently offline Click here to Send PIRATES=SEX a Private Message Find more posts by PIRATES=SEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

ah well there ya go haha

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 01:13 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

that was it? really? wow, sad

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 02:14 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

how was that sad???? it was AMAZING!!!!! i am flipping out it was SO GOOD!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 02:34 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

I read somewhere in an interview with either Ted or Terry that "yes they have a screen play written". Only problem with this and I am paraphrasing this, is that they have 4, THAT'S 4, and neither Johnny, Gore or Jerry have liked them. So the leaked script is probably wasted paper and something T/T leaked just to get everyone going and stay going for a while.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 03:00 AM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

oh wow... thats true. but like they said, "the broader strokes are consistent." so scenes are probably totally different, but the idea of Will joining Sao Feng, or Jack in purgatory, or Liz being mistaken for Calypso, those are probably staying in.

i CANT WAIT to see their final one. gosh im so nervous now. wow.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 03:30 AM
katelovespirate

woah... did you guys know that Ted wrote The Mask of Zorro??~~!!!!

thats a plus for Jack and Liz if I ever heard one...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 03:38 AM
CaptinJackLover

omg really i didnt know that!

thats a definte plus! and to thinki was beginning to have my doubts...im ashamed i myslef erm

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 04:18 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
akanai

ya know, i've heard that sb who's working on PotC said that this script is a very early version of original.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 06:03 AM
akanai is currently offline Click here to Send akanai a Private Message Find more posts by akanai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiwibird

Wel sum time ago whn da script was everywhere i read a sumary of the blank pages, it was about jack telling the whelp that whoever stabs davvy's heart becomes captain of the flying dutchman... no sure if my research is 100% reliable though.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 07:54 AM
kiwibird is currently offline Click here to Send kiwibird a Private Message Find more posts by kiwibird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

apparently Will tries to make him stab it because who ever stabs it will be the next captain of the flying Dutchman..and he's trying to remove Jack from Liz's life..if he did stab it it would probably hurt Liz a lot ..and if will is the one who makes that happen then she'll be pissed at him and hurt

thing that scares me is who ever stabs that heart will probably be the one who hurts Liz the very most(the story of the heart is overshadowing her)..but Jack stabbing it and leaving her at the persuasion of Will?? it would mean she was hurt by Jack leaving but it was Will's fault lol

and if you look at the Odyssey and Odysseus(who resembles Jack) andCalypso/Tia..its obvious what's gonna happen IMO

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 26th, 2006 at 09:48 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 09:43 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reine_mk

don't get it ,what's obvious? explain please.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 10:56 AM
reine_mk is currently offline Click here to Send reine_mk a Private Message Find more posts by reine_mk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by reine_mk
don't get it ,what's obvious? explain please.

She offers him to be with her as an immortal...but Odysseus refuses because he wants to return to Penelope (his love) who is in danger...Calypso agrees and helps him to go back to her.

I do have another fear right now though in terms of this Odysseus turning down Calypso thing..and it stems from who Tia TRULY has her eye on..Will or Jack?..if its will it may be bad news for us J/E shippers because there is something similar with him and Odysseus and the Odyssey too..his father who is in danger and is in a bad state as well as penelope(which causes him to turn it down)..But then again Jack's dad is also being brought into it lol he may be in danger too as well as Liz..Oh and Odysseus had a son who he needed to help and get back to..and perhaps Will is supposed to sort of resemble this when it comes to Jack

I often get the vibe that Liz sort of treats Will as if he is her son who she has to take care of all the time..Keira said she sets off because she thinks that Will cant handle himself when looking for Jack lol

OMG thats another call back to the Odyssey..Telemacus(son) actually leaves his mother in Ithaca in search of Odysseus..in order to save her (where as she actually saves herself)...not saying they are really mother and son..but I think her love of Will is more of a maternal way rather than a serious way..the compass pointed to Jack as a man..but it only pointed to a means of saving Will...the differences in the way she kisses both men say it all. With Will its rather awkward looking..but with Jack is pure passion..and its actually her kissing him instead of how she usually kisses will (waits for him)

so I dunno..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 26th, 2006 at 11:58 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 11:48 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah its confusing.

the vibe I got from the script, including Tia's line about Jack owing her a debt, and the whole Sao Feng explanation of Calypso, was that Jack DOES owe Tia a debt... and its EITHER got to be setting her free from her mortal prison (foreshadowed by movie 2, and would make for a slash bang moment in movie 3, and would account for her having a "big part") OR stabbing the heart of Jones, thereby gaining the dutchman and becoming immortal himself. Or both.

Would they end things with Jack immortal? Dont think so... thats plain boring.
What is going on with Will and Elizabeth in this script? Its tough to say. I think Jack trading Elizabeth is like people have said, just Jack being Jack.

And even though he loved the fact that she turned pirate, he did DIE because of it. I think that warrents some hard feelings and need for retaliation... especially as Jack has probably come to see the way Elizabeth manipulates/uses the men in her life to get what she wants. That ought to bother him.

I'm concerned that Elizabeth is not shown to be in more torment about things... that she doesnt seem to be second guessing herself as much, yet at least.

I'm also concerned about the bit that Will also has the choice to trade Elizabeth, and doesnt. That speaks in his favor.

However, the part where Jack and Will are fighting, and they reference a line about Jack being "sundered from Elizabeth forever"... that speaks in favor of Jack, and implies (wherever the line actually was) that Jack has strong feelings for Elizabeth, and stabbing the heart/becoming immortal would be his way of escaping those feelings if they arent returned.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 12:30 PM
LovelyOne

IMO i dont think that is Jack being Jack..doing that to Liz..he's trying to get Will back..and he's forgetting about Liz for a moment..trust me when he realizes she's not returned to "ship wreck cove" he's going to be scared as crap..all he's going to want is Liz back with him again IMO..after his reaction to the Jar of dirt and the heart being missing from wher he once thought it was safe...instead its been kidnapped by norrington and the EITC..ring ding..same thing happens whilst Liz is on Sao Feng's ship

and katelovespirate in the novel for DMC it says "Jack desired elizabeth all the more knowing her heart was as dark as his own" meaning the mans not pissed..and the peas in the pod scene shows us exactly how he feels about Liz when she does stuff like that to him..its the very reason he's infatuated with her in the first place

I also think he was going to stay anyway...thats why he's not saying anything..he didnt put up any fight when he heard the chain rattle..he actually waited for her to clasp it shut

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 26th, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 12:35 PM