KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » pix & interviews

pix & interviews
Started by: calypso

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
calypso

pix & interviews

I found these while surfing and hope no one has seen them.

Look closely at this pix and you will see two very distinct changes in the pirate attire.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/...essicalanglois/
jackthumbsup.jpg

This next pix is taken at Rodondo Beach after filming one evening.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/...is/bigsmile.jpg

Maybe someone knows who this monkey is.

hppt://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/jessicalanglois/
jackmonkey.jpg

The following one is three interviews that published on 06/29/06 before the premiere of DMC.

http://movies.about.com/od/piratesof the caribbean2/a/
piratesgv062906.htm

Enjoy and bring on the comments.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 02:46 AM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

They did not go right and you may need to go to your Address and type in instead of clicking on each one.

htt://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/jessicalanglois/
jackthumbsup.jpg

htt://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/jessicalanglois/
bigsmile.jpg

Sorry.....

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 02:55 AM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I looked at Pics but couldn't see anything that stood out and the interviews...didn't see them when I clicked on the link.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 05:49 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

In the thumbs up the bead string with the pence on it is gone off the bandana and he has a shrunken head on top of the compass.

Maybe it is Beckett's head that the Pelogoses shrunk for him when Jack went back for the dog.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 07:02 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Oh, isn't one of the changes is that he has a pink sash? Sorry, men don't wear pink to me, especially not then. Wonder if he was fighting someone and it ravelled onto him?

The beads from the bandana are gone?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 10:02 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

oh thats right.. his beads are gone! i liked his beadssad and he has that furry thing hanging from his belt.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 10:07 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

*sigh8 johny is so ssexi!!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 26th, 2006 11:39 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

I just cannot figure who that shrunken head belongs to. It has long white hair and me thinks it's Beckett.

I think somewhere I read that Sao Feng gives Lizzy a medallion that she uses at the meeting of the Breatheren. Maybe that leaked script.

Wonder is the coin on the bead string is Jack's coin for the meeting.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 12:51 AM
calypso

If you could not get the interview to open this is what it said: only three paragraphs, but interesting.

"Changes to the Three Main Characters Over the Course of the Pirate series: Elizabeth and Will, their love was sort of infantile in the fiest movie. It was very cute and pure and they are growing up. In looking at where we are going to end up in the third movie, I think the second movie is where they have to deal with real issues of love. I think in the first movie it was more storybook love. It was sort of 'Oh isn't that cute'. It hits all the tradional button, but it doesn't take you anywhere because it's not that complicated.

In the second movie, we dealing with real life. You deal with jealousy; you deal with how they are going to end up. For them to survive, it's an interesting parallel that gets more elaborated in the third film, which is the love story of Davy Jones and why did he pull out his heart and how that relates to the love story of Elizabeth and Will. I mean, are they on the same path and are they going to pull out of that nosedive and what's going to happen? It's just important that the love story became more complicated. A marriage has to survive. It doesn't exist in the storybook world."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 01:04 AM
calypso

"As for Johnny Depp's character Captain Jack Sparow, Verbinski said, 'Well, it's a really tricky one with Captain Jack because I don't think he's the kind of character that you want to give a tremendous arc to. He succeeds. He's such a piece of garlic in the soup that you need seven straight men against him. He can't just rub against one. He needs to rub against a series of archetypes and a series of plot constructs. You have to somewhat make the movie without him and then put him in. If you just made the Johnny Depp movie, it's just too much of one flavor. It's such a (powerful) performance that you need some kind of broth to put it into."

Per Verbinski, "the thing about Jack's character is that there is an honest streak and I think that's what we always keep coming back to. Jack thinks he's a bad boy, but he would love to not be as kind of good as he really is. The myth is out in front of him, but the truth is he's a pretty honest guy. He just hates that about himself."

All this came from the interview with Gore Verbinski 06/29/06.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 01:14 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

The excerpts Calypso has given us makes me wonder if this Jack/Liz thing will happen. It makes it sound as though all that chemistry in DMC is really just "what could happen if Will and Liz aren't careful." It really does sound like in the next movie they're going to fight and put forth more effort into their relationship. Dammit.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 02:28 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

yep if you read that that what it sounds like to me too...we have seen this article and interview before. And that was my thoughts then too...the only hope is that this interview did take place on 6/26 before the movie came out...so maybe now that they have seen the audience's reaction to Liz/Jack ...maybe they have changed their tune to a different beat...hopefully pure, sweet innocent puppy-dog love can't survive in the real world...but a love full of heat, passion, matureness...forbidden..can survive...maybe it's good to have your partner on their toes...challenge each other..as Liz and Jack do....

the part about Jack having a problem dealing with his true self...now that makes sense...okay, so Gore says that Jack is basically a pretty honest guy..but Jack hates that about himself...so maybe after Liz's betrayal of him...does that make him even madder at himself for letting his honest streak get the best of him...and the one person he truly and deeply cares for used it against him??? I just wonder what this all means....everything that happened between Jack and Liz just seems lame to explain it away as a way for Will and Liz to work harder at their relationship...ugghhhh I hate this uncertainty....

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 01:41 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

Also, since Orly has stated that this is a true ensemble, we won't see much of Jack. And does that translate to less J/E.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 03:50 PM
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by calypso
Also, since Orly has stated that this is a true ensemble, we won't see much of Jack. And does that translate to less J/E.

what do you mean ---we don't see much of Jack? If the movie is more Will, Liz, Barboosa, Gibbs, Pintel, Ragetti and Tia...but little Of Jack..then I'm not going see it...and Disney will lose alot of money...cuz the reason almost 100% of the people that go to see these movies...go because of Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow - this can't be true.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 01:50 PM
LovelyOne

Is that a shrunken head on Jack's belt?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:01 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
what do you mean ---we don't see much of Jack? If the movie is more Will, Liz, Barboosa, Gibbs, Pintel, Ragetti and Tia...but little Of Jack..then I'm not going see it...and Disney will lose alot of money...cuz the reason almost 100% of the people that go to see these movies...go because of Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow - this can't be true.

LOL smacked it!

Jack has had is supreme ordeal he has his reward (Liz) but it AINT over for him yet..he's totally gonna have Will the ******* on his trail as a consequence to gaining it.and Will teams up with DJ and the EITC.so Jacks gonna have to fight them away.. what we now see in movie 3 with each character is the consequences to that KISS/Jack gaining Elizabeth(reward) IMO..Will's and Liz's story/emotions are all revolving around that kiss now...Jack is kinda having his emotions revolve around it too in my opinion he' emotionally ahead of Liz and Liz is behind. anyway

you know what lovethemtigers..at first I didnt like Will the character..but now Orlando Bloom is starting to piss me of too laughing out loud

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 28th, 2006 at 02:12 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:05 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

IMO the ending is going to revolve around Will/Liz and Jack in a very climactic way and Will/Liz are both going to have their supreme ordeal at around the same time.

Liz is going to be trying to save Jack from the enemy IMO which is Beckett/EITC and Will..

where as Will is going to be trying to save his dad..so basically Will's priority wont be Liz and Liz's wont be Will during the supreme ordeal.and I dont know where the heck this is going to lead to.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:10 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by calypso
In the thumbs up the bead string with the pence on it is gone off the bandana and he has a shrunken head on top of the compass.

Maybe it is Beckett's head that the Pelogoses shrunk for him when Jack went back for the dog.

Jack went back for the dog?

willofthewisp..I still dont believe that about what he says when it comes to Jack not having a big arc...it doesnt make sense to start off the steps and then have him stop at number 10.

and they totally haven't just made the story this time and added him into it..the story is revolving around him and this time he as something other than the ship as a goal..he wants love IMO thats where is arc is heading.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 28th, 2006 at 02:23 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:15 PM
LovelyOne

sorry but what a frigging HUGE mistake it was to use "Jack as a spanner in the works of a Will/Liz relationship"..I dont buy this shit..honestly..I dont buy it.

I'm totally not going to watch the movie until someone says the ending and if its Will/Liz I'm waiting for it to come out on TV instead of buying it on DVD and wasting my monvey..as I have said before I dont waste my money on watching a pointless story unfold. Why the hell did I sit though 6 hours of a Jack/Liz based story if it amounts to nothing serious?

why did I waste £19 on dead mans chest?

Disney are totaly going to **** up if they end it Will/Liz

the movie didn't gain 1 billion at the box office because people enjoyed watching a ****ing spanner in the works of a Will/Liz relationship...it gained 1 billion because people thought she was falling for Captain Jack Sparrow..it's the only reason I became REALLY interested in this franchise because Jack/Liz

the first movie ended Will/Liz and Jack on his own..sure I liked it but the lead character didnt end it in any significant way so I didnt rush to see it again and again..I didnt join any forums to talk about it..it was just an average story to me..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 28th, 2006 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:30 PM
calypso

Yep, that's a shrunken head.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 03:20 PM