KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Possible Ending to At Worlds End

Possible Ending to At Worlds End
Started by: D_Shiznitdog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D_Shiznitdog

Possible Ending to At Worlds End

I was listening to a podcast called Secrets of the Caribbean and it gave a possible hint to what might happen at the end of At Worlds End. It talks about an old story about the Flying Dutchman. It says that the captain of the Flying Dutchman can only go on land every seven years to search for his true love that he lost. There is also a love triangle between him, (Davy Jones), his love (maybe Tia Dalma) and another man (maybe Jack.)

In the end, it says that the captain finds his love and the only way his curse can be lifted is if his love casts herself into the sea. It says his love knows the story of the Flying Dutchman very well. Even though his love is caught in a love triangle, her faith in the captain is the strongest. So, she casts herself into the sea, the curse is lifted on the Flying Dutchman, and the captain and her go to heaven. Seems like a happy ending.

You can download this podcast for free off of the iTunes store. Just search Secrets of the Caribbean and download episode #4. This part is near the end.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 04:19 PM
D_Shiznitdog is currently offline Click here to Send D_Shiznitdog a Private Message Find more posts by D_Shiznitdog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

hmm...wondering if thats Jack and Tia?

I dont like how any of this is sounding..I really dont

*holds back the tears again* lol
I feel like tearing my heart out here lol

that actually makes no sense though..to the whole stabbing of the heart

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 30th, 2006 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 04:46 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Oh wait..I bet its Will/Liz sad ..sounds like a crap ending to me

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 04:50 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Shiznitdog

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne

Could be. But I think this would be a way better way than Will stabbing the heart. It doesn't make much sense.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 04:55 PM
D_Shiznitdog is currently offline Click here to Send D_Shiznitdog a Private Message Find more posts by D_Shiznitdog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

well i wont be watching PotC 4 then

the only reason a sequel is successful is because of how well liked the movie before it was IMO most people are only going to flockto see AWE because they thought Liz was falling for Jack Sparrow

and think about it..if it ends where Will/Liz die it will all fall back to Jack..it will all be on his shoulders...it sucks

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:03 PM
D_Shiznitdog

Wow. That's the opposite of what I think, but that's ok. I guess we'll see when the movie comes out.

By the way, what's IMO?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:08 PM
LovelyOne

the only way I can imagine the curse being lifted is because Calypso jumps into the sea and dies...because Liz has no powers or anything...I think Tia might be in love With Will...that scene in Tia's hut? She showed a great interest in him

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:11 PM
D_Shiznitdog

I agree. What's IMO?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:12 PM
LovelyOne

"In my opinion" lol

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:25 PM
LovelyOne

also. On Will's character on the official website for Dead Man's Chest it says "a woman need not cause you to be desperate. If you choose the right one" when you click on Will..So Liz is not the right one maybe?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:29 PM
CaptinJackLover

NONE of this is to my liking! i hate the idea of this ending....sure it seems happy but for who?!!?! none of us really! WE WANT JACK AND LIZ FOREVER!!!! not stupid Tia and Jack....im very upset...i dont enat this to happen *sighs*

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:35 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

"In the end, it says that the captain finds his love and the only way his curse can be lifted is if his love casts herself into the sea. It says his love knows the story of the Flying Dutchman very well. Even though his love is caught in a love triangle, her faith in the captain is the strongest. So, she casts herself into the sea, the curse is lifted on the Flying Dutchman, and the captain and her go to heaven. Seems like a happy ending."

Will's Love Elizabeth is caught in a love triangle and Tia's love in Will is the strongest so she jumps in and frees him of the curse, they both go to heaven?

I cant see how Elizabeth jumping into the sea will save anyone. Only Tia/Calypso can change that cuz she's a sea goddess.

EDIT - no wait..IMO this all suggests that Will finds his true love in Tia..because finding his love? why would he need to find Elizabeth if thats the case because he's "already her love"..IMO the 3 are Davy Jones, Tia and Will

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 30th, 2006 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:40 PM
CaptinJackLover

possible? yes. likely? not really....well at leats i dont wnat it to be...

I dont think Tia and Will match up together very well. will it be interesting? OF COURSE!!! but do i really wnat it to happen? no...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:42 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

no not really..

unless its Tia and Davy who both die and go up to heaven..but Will stabs the heart so that means he becomes the new captain not Davy..it says that the captin finds.his true love .if its Liz hasnt he already found her before dead man's chest? ..and earlier we get a hint that Tia has a thing for Will..and on will's character thing it says "a woman need not cause you to be desperate of you choose the right one" meaning he hasnt actualy chosen the right woman in Liz??

IMO Tia might be able to make herself look purdy

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 05:56 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by D_Shiznitdog
Could be. But I think this would be a way better way than Will stabbing the heart. It doesn't make much sense.

hate to say it but it does seem as if Will has a destiny tied in with that ship Tia says "you have a touch of destiny about you william Turner" once when she looks at him..and then again just as he says "I need to find the flying dutchman" she shouts " A TOUCH OF DESTINY!"..he also has been given the knife..Its all been set up that he will stab the heart

so its seems as if Liz might jump in but I cant see how Liz jumping into the sea would lift the curse...I can only see Tia managing to do that as Calypso or something.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 30th, 2006 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:05 PM
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by LovelyOne

though jack and liz are meant to be together..there is no possible way they are getting together..sad i know sad

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:13 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

something is telling me that its not Liz who jumps in after Will..the way they worded that siggests its Tia IMO

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:28 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

what's with all this jumping business?

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 06:29 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Shiznitdog

So many possibilities for this movie!

(jumping-casting herself into the ocean and dying)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 07:21 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

i need to wake up bc i feel like im in a spinning nightmare..my head hurts

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 07:55 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote