KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » i apoligize in advance for the confusingness of this all

i apoligize in advance for the confusingness of this all
Started by: CaptinJackLover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaptinJackLover

i apoligize in advance for the confusingness of this all

ok we have all been saying that Liz and Jack will end up together becasue it is unexpected... BUT if you htink about it it really is EXPECTED.

We are all Jack/Liz shippers (including ME!) and we want them together and we think it will happen because its not what people would normally have thought. But WE EXPECT it! so how is that ending unexpected if it really is expected???

If Jack and Liz ed up together it really isnt a surprise cuz its what we want and keep thinking will happen

But if Will and Liz end up together then it isnt expected because its unexpected becasue we expect Jack and Liz will end up together because its the unexpected.

does that make sense??? lol

But then again...after saying that all i hitnk i might change my mind...

Jack and Liz could actually end up together becasue since now we (meaning me lol) expcet Will/Liz to happen because Jack and Liz is expected because it wasnt so unexpected afterall it will happen becasue people who think like me and are being doubtful right now and thinking what im hitnking will be surprised that Jack and Lzi will happen becAUSE IT IS UNEXPECTED becasue somehow they got us to belive that Will/Liz was gping to happen.

gosh im terribly sorry people that i rambled on like that but im so bored and i felt like letting all of that out big grin i apologize for wasting ur time

o and for the record im still a Jack. Liz shipper! so dont worry....you havent lost me to the dark side yet hehehe big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:08 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

finally some POSITIVE news lol

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:13 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

hehehe you actually understood that?!?! gosh i was having trouble with it! lol

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:17 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

LOL It sounded as if you were talking like Jack
you do have a good point there big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:45 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

hehehe i do that a lot...i hitnk thats why i love him so much..cuz he and i are so very much a like. big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:49 AM
Pirates life fo

Or here is an idea. The writers arent basing ANYTHING off of what they may or may not be reading on a forum. Anyone ever think that maybe when 2 and 3 were concieved, they knew how things would turn out and wrote the screenplay based off that? If they have already figured out what is going to happen and POTC 2 was written as a lead in to 3 then nothing they read on forums would change that otherwise it might change what was planned.

Sure there are revisions made to the script all the time but main themes arent going to change. If they planned 2 years ago that Will and Liz would end up together, why on earth would they change that based on what a few hundred people want to see??

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 07:54 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I personally think T&T have made a big mistake by adding in the Jack/Liz thing..even if they want to trick us and end it Will/Liz(which it seems they are doing) to be unexpected..how can that make millions of people who fell in love with Jack/Liz happy?

Sorry but I think they have made a mistake..

Imagine if Lucas had started up the whole thing with Hans and Leia, everyone fell in love with the idea and they ended it luke Leia again..they would have said goodbye to a successful trilogy...it would have made parts of ESB really pointless and crap.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 11:09 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:05 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pirates life fo
Or here is an idea. The writers arent basing ANYTHING off of what they may or may not be reading on a forum. Anyone ever think that maybe when 2 and 3 were concieved, they knew how things would turn out and wrote the screenplay based off that? If they have already figured out what is going to happen and POTC 2 was written as a lead in to 3 then nothing they read on forums would change that otherwise it might change what was planned.

Sure there are revisions made to the script all the time but main themes arent going to change. If they planned 2 years ago that Will and Liz would end up together, why on earth would they change that based on what a few hundred people want to see??

they do look on boards..They go to the official one quite a bit keeptothecode.com and they are both members there. They explained what Jack was seeing when he looked at the compass recently..and he was serious about Elizabeth he wanted to make her an obligation in his life..when he said "why is the rum always gone" at the start..that was Elizabeth on his mind. His compass was pointing at her(Port Royal) and then the furthest away then back to her again etc repeating over and over . meaning he knows he wants her as a partner but is worried about making her an obligation in his life ...by the end IMO I think he decided that he did because he looked at the compass and it pointed somewhere IMO it wasn't his ship because only moments later he says "It's only a ship mate" then there is an establishing shot where we see him just staring at Elizabeth whilst everyone was looking at Will....he was just staring at her..

Disney are also aware of the huge impact Liz/Jack has made on youtube.com..its a hugely popular media based site. Millions of people go there every day..and the most popular pirates of the caribbean videos on there are Jac/Liz moments from PotC 1 and PotC 2..Disney went there..saw it and removed the huge surge of Jack/Liz videos that appeared...they do look around the net to see how popular certain themes are.

I think they are very aware of how many people actually want Jack/Liz to end up together..The Internet is a great way for the movie industry to see how certain people take certain ideas presented in their movies...I had to learn that in film.

Its a great way to cause hype..(on-line trailers) its a great way for marketing..and its also a great way to see how well received the movie is..and IMO Disney do know how popular Jack/Liz has become...and they have made a mistake if its to end Will/Liz and there isn't even a hint of Jack/Liz after 45 minutes of Jack Liz..where people THOUGHT she was falling for the lead character...it does feel as if we have been tricked into thinking there is a possibility and now we know that its a will/liz ending where they marry etc sad

IMO people are going to look back on the trilogy and be scratching their heads over the wasted 45 minutes of DMC where it looked as if Jack was gaining feelings for Elizabeth and vise versa if it ends up without even a hint of Jack/Liz

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 11:28 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:14 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

Thank you lovely one for the great banner.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:21 AM
PIRATES=SEX is currently offline Click here to Send PIRATES=SEX a Private Message Find more posts by PIRATES=SEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

welcome hun smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:30 AM
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

Originally posted by LovelyOne
welcome hun smile
Where you ever able to join?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:36 AM
PIRATES=SEX is currently offline Click here to Send PIRATES=SEX a Private Message Find more posts by PIRATES=SEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

no sad

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 11:41 AM
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

Originally posted by LovelyOne
no sad
oh poo

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 12:06 PM
calypso

Look at it this way, if T/T were writing from Elizabeth's perspective, and they were writing a love story with W/E. The have already made comments about puppy love, jealousy, and and the doubts and problems in reaching a mature love in DMC.

I think they used her as a tease for Jack. She was to prove to Jack that he is a good man. She proved to herself she can be a pirate like Jack, but IMO I think she has never wavered from her love for Will. The scene in Tia's hut has Liz all in the dumps, but I think she realized she was not as cold blooded as she thought and she does feel sorry for chaining Jack to the mast, I don't think she realized he planned to stay, til Gibbs said something about Jack's honest streak. I also think she just wanted to kiss him and see what the adventure would be like.

Her look at Will when she gets in the boat is defiance. She is saying to herself "Look what I did to Captain Jack Sparrow, I am as good a pirate as he is".

If T/T wrote from the point of view that this is a W/E love story, then the unexpected ending for them, for them I repeat would be J/E.

Johnny has said that AWE takes him to places as an actor he has never gone and he has grown from it. Figure out what he has not done in his previous films and you may have your answer. He also said AWE will have a whole lot of surprises for Disney and he hoped they didn't shut them down.

I still think the 4, 5, 6 will be prequels and the J/E is over in AWE.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 02:00 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by calypso
Look at it this way, if T/T were writing from Elizabeth's perspective, and they were writing a love story with W/E. The have already made comments about puppy love, jealousy, and and the doubts and problems in reaching a mature love in DMC.

I think they used her as a tease for Jack. She was to prove to Jack that he is a good man. She proved to herself she can be a pirate like Jack, but IMO I think she has never wavered from her love for Will. The scene in Tia's hut has Liz all in the dumps, but I think she realized she was not as cold blooded as she thought and she does feel sorry for chaining Jack to the mast, I don't think she realized he planned to stay, til Gibbs said something about Jack's honest streak. I also think she just wanted to kiss him and see what the adventure would be like.

Her look at Will when she gets in the boat is defiance. She is saying to herself "Look what I did to Captain Jack Sparrow, I am as good a pirate as he is".

If T/T wrote from the point of view that this is a W/E love story, then the unexpected ending for them, for them I repeat would be J/E.

Johnny has said that AWE takes him to places as an actor he has never gone and he has grown from it. Figure out what he has not done in his previous films and you may have your answer. He also said AWE will have a whole lot of surprises for Disney and he hoped they didn't shut them down.

I still think the 4, 5, 6 will be prequels and the J/E is over in AWE.

According to everything I'm hearing..the J/E ended in DMC when Elizabeth chained him to the mast....despite everything we believe and know to be true...i'ts not. It's Will and Elizabeth's Love Story and their Adventures with Captain Jack Sparrow...just as Disney has told us all alone. I've lost all hope, ladies. I think it will be a Will/Liz ending, and unfortunately all those KTTC pricks were right all along...it's all about Will.....what Will wants, what Will gets...etc....JackSparrow is the drawing card...but that's it, I guess. Will gets the girl. Jack gets to walk funny, just as Orli said. Oh well, so much for what could have been a great trilogy. Long live STar Wars, I guess..I am so depressed.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 02:14 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

if it was over when she chained him to the mast they shouldnt have put in that moment where she almost kissed him again, they shouldnt have put in the moment where the compass pointed to him because she wants him as a man..that was just BS..there was no need for it..they are teasing us making us think there is a possible future between them..they shouldn't have put that moment in where she almsot kisses him again...and the compass

those two things suggest a J/E future despite the fact she chained him to the mast..they could have done it without those two things then I would say "yes it should end Will/Liz"..but no they decided to just tease us?

Well I dont like being tricked..despite it being a pirate movie..I dont like being tricked lol

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 02:34 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

agreed PLUS I know disney always says *Elizabeth and will*and their adventures with jack sparrow but I always get the feeling it's JACK'S story (though gore does say they make the story then try to build jack into it lol) JACK'S adventures and liz and will are luck enough to be a part of it....and it's all about the feel you give the audience..there's a reason why Johnny Depp's name comes first in the credits...it's cause of his character...any who I think since Jack's the true HERO of the story then things will end good for him it always does when your Captain jack sparrow...who needs him to be with liz if his character doesn't develope and isn't happy with having Elizabeth? if his character DOES develope he will NEED liz but what if the developement we've seen so far is just a need to remember he's a good man??? I know the theory is out there....but if Jack's happy leaving with a couple of whores then (*sniff* I can't even bring myself to say this but I will cause I wanna deal with the fact that maybe I WON'T get the ending I wanted*sniff*) then ...then...let him leave with the whores...

Freedom...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 04:14 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote