KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Did you guys knew????

Did you guys knew????
Started by: Mistypirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Did you guys knew????

That they got the name of William Turner from a famous ornithologist/botanist bird watcher. coincidence? humm sparrow-swann confused

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:23 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

hmmmmm thats very interesting!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:25 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

yeah i've heard that...but i had forgotten about it
that is very interesting
how can they have something like this and ignore jack/liz??

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:31 AM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Yea I know that is interesting. I did a google search of the name, and that was what I found, It also said that he dedicated a lot of his books to Queen Elizabeth the 1.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:31 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie

wow, interesting

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:37 AM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
yeah i've heard that...but i had forgotten about it
that is very interesting
how can they have something like this and ignore jack/liz??

They can't just ignore this, it is so obvious. They obviously had the characters of J/L in mind when they wrote the 1st pirates. I'm thinking that when Will dies he is going to watch over J/L and make sure they are alright. It's a stupid theory, but hey It could work.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:38 AM
mmoviejunkie

lol, that'd be cute

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:42 AM
stormlover

wow

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:44 AM
stormlover is currently offline Click here to Send stormlover a Private Message Find more posts by stormlover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Wow!! check this out, it says tht he became a priest, he was always looking in to the spiritual side of things.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:49 AM
mmoviejunkie

but that has no connection to this will...or does it and i'm not seeing it?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:52 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
but that has no connection to this will...or does it and i'm not seeing it?

Yes about Will's immortality, if it does happen, If Will stabs the heart. I remember reading a post by lovely she talked about wills immortality and the spirutual aspect of it. Oh and he becoming some sort of a god if he stabs the heart.

Last edited by Mistypirate on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 02:02 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:59 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Hey this is all very interesting!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:01 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Oh and i remember reading somewhere that Ted or Terry were going to do a chess game and they were gonna make Will the bishop confused

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:06 AM
mmoviejunkie

Originally posted by Mistypirate
Yes about Will's immortality, if it does happen, If Will stabs the heart. I remember reading a post by lovely she talked about wills immortality and the spirutual aspect of it. Oh and he becoming some sort of a god if he stabs the heart.

oh okay i see

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:08 AM
mmoviejunkie

Originally posted by Mistypirate
Oh and i remember reading somewhere that Ted or Terry were going to do a chess game and they were gonna make Will the bishop confused

haha thats funny, and liz 'n jack are queen 'n king

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:09 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

oh, wow thats interesting! hey! i have an idea! lets NOT talk about bloody stupid Will!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:10 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Wikipedia says he's named that so they could keep the bird theme without going too over the top. There aren't too many other bird last names except Crane and Crow. I don't know. It may just be a subtle inside joke.
On the other hand, it's really interesting that here is a guy named for watching (never taking part in) birds, and Jack and Liz have blatant bird names. Maybe it's because they long for more freedom and it's just a character trait they share. Or maybe it hints Will will have to watch them be together and he's really, yet unknowingly been watching them fall in love.
Other than those references, are there any other significant bird references?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 02:18 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote