KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Pirates of the caribbean four FOR sure......

Pirates of the caribbean four FOR sure......
Started by: PIRATES=SEX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

Pirates of the caribbean four FOR sure......

I've been reading alot of threads about POTC3 being the final saga and that everything will come to a head in this third installment. That being said, I have good reason to believe that there will in fact be a POTC4. While researching Tia Dalma I came across an interview with Naomi Harris (Tia Dalma) in which she more or less "spills" that there is going to be a 4th film. She also goes onto say that she will most likely not be appearing in the 4th film because of her "dramatic departure in 3" She reveals this little tidbit in the last paragraph of the interview, although the entire interview I found to be an interesting read.

LOS ANGELES -- Naomie Harris almost didn't land a part in director Gore Verbinski's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" because of her looks.

"Gore didn't actually want me for the part because he said that I was actually too pretty and he didn't want anybody pretty," she reveals. "He wanted an older actress. The casting director, Denise Chamian ... persuaded Gore to audition me. When I walked into the room, he said, 'You're going to have to do this like three maybe four times so okay, let's just have a go.' And so I read it once and then he went, 'How would you like to come to the Bahamas?' It was great."

Verbinski didn't have to worry about Harris' good looks though, once she transformed into the character Tia Dalma, a mysterious Caribbean soothsayer from Captain Jack Sparrow's (Johnny Depp) past. The actress collaborated with the costumers and hair and makeup artists to create her character's unique image.

"They were all open to suggestion and we actually spent two days just trying on different looks and variations," she recalls. "We all ended up on a look that we loved ... [and] I got all in the costume and everything and went to see Gore and he said, 'that's way too much. Wipe it all off. And just bring everything down. Like bedraggle her.' And that's what we did and that's the image we ended up with."

Tia's wild look consists of ragbag clothes, unruly hair, haphazard makeup and a garish blackened smile, which required Harris to wear fake teeth.

"It was hugely uncomfortable, actually," she says. "It's like having your teeth kind of pressed and your gums pressed constantly, so it wasn't too nice, but bearable."

Harris previously put on false teeth and a Jamaican accent for the BBC's adaptation of Zadie Smith's "White Teeth." Her most well known role to date, however, is the short-haired, tough zombie hunter Selena in Danny Boyle's "28 Days Later." These transformations have allowed the actress to delve into her characters without being recognized on the street.

"[Tia Dalma] allowed me to introduce physicality ... and allowed me to be larger than life, which I hadn't been allowed to do in other characters," says Harris. "She also didn't have to worry about being beautiful ... but I think she's a hugely attractive character but just not like in a conventional way, and I found that really liberating."

Captain Jack Sparrow visits Tia Dalma as a last resort for help in his quest to escape the wrath of Davy Jones, the legendary pirate who terrorizes the Seven Seas in the Flying Dutchman. She accepts his payment of an undead monkey and gives him an odd tool to keep himself safe. Although her character only appears in a few, albeit meaty, scenes, Harris assures us that there's much more to come in the third installment in the "Pirates" franchise.

"There is a huge back story [for Tia Dalma] but it's all revealed in 'P3,'" she says. "You know she has her own reasons for doing what she's doing in 'P2.' 'P2' is just an introduction for the character and in 'P3' then she's throughout, she actually goes on a journey with all the different characters."

Despite the hardships of filming such a journey, Harris is proud to have avoided both injuries and mal de mer.

"I don't end up getting sort of thrown overboard or anything like that, which is nice," she recalls. "It's so weird because I signed up to do 'Pirates' but I didn't think about whether I got seasick, and I'd never been on a ship before. And so there were all these people ... throwing up and having to leave the ship and thankfully I don't get seasick I discovered, but it would have been awful if I did.

"No, apart from getting tied up, there's not much [physical stuff] at all. I seem to get tied up in every movie I do," she says, adding that unlike her co-star Depp, she probably won't be returning for "Pirates 4." "I don't think so. [Tia Dalma] has quite a dramatic departure in '3.'"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:16 PM
PIRATES=SEX is currently offline Click here to Send PIRATES=SEX a Private Message Find more posts by PIRATES=SEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

ALSO I FOUND THIS ON ROTTON TOMATOES

I know what the ending is lol..I managed to speak to someone who has the final script..and I can say there is some truth behind what he says...but its not the kind of ending you expect..its going to be shocking

and bittersweet as they have confirmed..

I was really shocked when I found out

I can also tell you that I think you two are kinda right in a way..but also wrong..

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:18 PM
PIRATES=SEX is currently offline Click here to Send PIRATES=SEX a Private Message Find more posts by PIRATES=SEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

So Naomi Harris isnt gonna be in P4?? eek!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:25 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

nope!!!!!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:26 PM
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

She has a "dramatic exit"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:26 PM
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

COULD THIS BE GOOD NEWS?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:27 PM
LovelyOne

OMG YES!! the ending I've heard of wraps up if thats the case lol..I hope its the case..AHAHHAHAHH

still no word from Ms Keira lol she may have been told to keep quiet about being in 4 where as Orlando has come flat out and said he wont..Tia's not IMO she has something to do with being with Will

so that means TIA is not the love interest of jack..they probably were once lovers..but not anymore..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 07:30 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:27 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

ahhhh happy days happy days

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:29 PM
LovelyOne

Here look..the spoiler from podcast:

In the end, it says that the captain finds his love and the only way his curse can be lifted is if his love casts herself into the sea. It says his love knows the story of the Flying Dutchman very well (thats not Liz thats Tia). Even though his love is caught in a love triangle, her faith in the captain is the strongest. So, she casts herself into the sea, the curse is lifted on the Flying Dutchman, and the captain and her go to heaven. Seems like a happy ending.

dramatic departure of Calypso me thinks..IMO Tia fancies will and jack lol..and she chooses to go with Will probably..save him from being tied to the dutchman for all his life..He may be immortal with her..this is why Harris probably thought it was a cliffhanger when she does this for Will..but learned later that its closure for movie 3 and the removal of Will as a character

HOPEFULLY^^^

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:34 PM
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

yes who hoo
jumping up and down !! hehhe Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:34 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

Me too and the captain DAVVY JONES!!!!!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:35 PM
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

FF: When was the sequel first actually discussed?

OB: I think it was straight after the first one. I remember Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp sitting around after the last one and saying, "Let's make a pirate movie for the rest of our lives!" We were all loving it. I hadn't seen a script but I think Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio have got such a great handle on this kind of material. They wrote Shrek as well and they really get it.

hmmmm.....

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:41 PM
LovelyOne

Thats BS..in Empire he said he wont be returning for a 4th apparently..he;s probably just talking about movie 2 and 3..

oh yeah Davy J is dead..apparently Jack and he have a big fight in "at worlds end"..although Jack doesnt kill him..Will does when he stabs the heart

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:42 PM
LovelyOne

Honestly if they bring his character back for a 4th it will be a mistake IMO

The amount of bad reviews his character has..its not against OB himself..just the character..he is as dry as..well i dont know what..

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:44 PM
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

JOHNNY PLAYS WITH BARBIES

FF: Do you try out your characters on your kids?

JD: My kiddies have had a lot to do with it. Actually, they haven't seen Pirates 2 yet. I felt the responsible thing to do, as a parent, was to check it out first before they come to it. I've come to the conclusion that they'll be OK.

The funny thing is, with my kids, when we sit down, play Barbies or whatever, as we all do. You've played with Barbies, right? *laughs* Anyway, it's a great way for an actor to experiment with voices. You can start to assume a character. With a Barbie! My daughter would get annoyed and go, "Poppa, would you just use your normal voice, please?" *laughs*

There was one time when I was trying to find the voice of Willy Wonka, and she stopped me and said, "Who's that?" She liked it. At least, she seemed to. I said, "I think that might be Willy Wonka," and she said, "I like that."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:46 PM
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

This is kina intresting from a intwerveiw by makenzie cook

FF: Well he's involved a lot more. I read that you worked out a backstory.

MC: Yeah, me and Lee Arenberg decided we're uncle and nephew and that perhaps when my mother died he promised to look after me. So I just sort-of follow him around and do what he tells me to do.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 07:49 PM
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

We were right about Tia being the one who resurrects jack mates

FF: Without wanting to second guess what's going on, am I right in thinking perhaps she's responsible for the rebirth of Jack Sparrow in the same way Barbossa, who was dead at the end of the first film, reappears with you at the end of Dead Man's Chest?

NH: Yes, very good! If you can work it out yourself then all I have to say is "yes," and that's OK!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 08:04 PM
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PIRATES=SEX
This is kina intresting from a intwerveiw by makenzie cook

FF: Well he's involved a lot more. I read that you worked out a backstory.

MC: Yeah, me and Lee Arenberg decided we're uncle and nephew and that perhaps when my mother died he promised to look after me. So I just sort-of follow him around and do what he tells me to do.

what?? Is that ragetti and Pintel?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 08:33 PM
LovelyOne

I love the whole theme of rebirth..hopefully Jack will come back washed away of his old sins..something shoud be different..when ever a character is reborn after death or deep sleep..something is usually different in them emotionally when they return.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 08:36 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

ok heres a silly thought that i was thinking

u know davy was a nasty fellow he collected souls and tortured them bla bla and terroized the seven seas.

if Will is to take place of davy, then Will could be the protector of the seven seas. Like a god watching over the seven seas and over us. since davy all he did was terroize and make ppl as his slave, well Will could be the total oppisite.

also another thought. we know that Tia could be doing all of this crap so Will could take the place of Davy. I think she saw something in him that had that destiny to take davys place BUT for the good of man kind. I think Tia, as much she probably loved davy, wanted him to ''retire'' as the the man who teorrize the seven seas.

So Will could be our protector of the seven seas

i probably didnt make any sense lol and i think im way off here too lol

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 08:44 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote